Jump to content

turtle33

Member
  • Posts

    578
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by turtle33

  1. yeah just thought about it, it wouldnt work as I bet they would think u were my bitch
  2. and all the test guys were worried about was the stock air box ha ha ha, both of them saying "this car is TOO fast" is a good selling point.
  3. 230-3, can you grow a beard b4 tomorrow? I can get some fake tats 4 you and shazz can lend you her leatherand you can be my muscle u big unit.
  4. tomorrow, thank christ ,that courier is killing me. I looked at it friday and the paint is a different colour, there was heaps of sh*t in the paint and the side skirts are sitting off by 10mm so it may get interesting. May need to take my concreacher with me.
  5. man this is how the xrs should rev. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaVPaXtgEgg
  6. what was the punch up over? who has the biggest dick?
  7. the best advice I can give is the spec list, that way u will be quoting apples 4 apples. Use the things I said b4 as a guide and pick what you need and list what you want. That way if the buget is the problem then you can drop some of the wants. If you dont need power at the moment but want power atleast lay the conduit etc. Mate once these guys start it should be all done in under a week. It usually can be erected in a day (if the slab is down)
  8. mate, I got a call at lunch from a mate who is in the water police up there, he said steve was dead and I really thought he was pulling my leg. It really shook me up, I have 2 little kids as well and it really hits home when stuff like this happens. I said to my guys that its right up there with the death of diana (I can still remember where I was and what I was doing). One thing though, he died doing what he loved. rip u big unit.
  9. careful I can see your house from my front yard. ← What's a "concreacher" - don't like the sound of them bastards ← come work for me for a day when we pour the next slab and I will show you. Its ok if you dont want to get out of the car, they really are scarly looking bastards. Up at 4.30am and pissed b4 lunch every single day. Nothin funnier than me 5'8" 90kgs arguing/screaming at my concreacher at 6'9" 145kgs, we usually get an audiance.
  10. careful I can see your house from my front yard.
  11. concrete should be bout $55/m2 not inc pump or excavation. AS to how thick, well that depends on a few things, is it clay? is it on fill? is the natural ground flat? for the sake of $200 odd dollars go the 100mm. Does the price inc remote doors? slab? drive pads? ramp if required? window? power? council wk is sfa, u now use a private certifer any way.The 8k is good if you dont put your hand into your pocket again. Look in the trading post for 2nd hand ones as well (especially if your handy). I sold a 7x8 one in perf condition for $1200.00 last year. (you pull down though) ← $55/m2 for concretre as they would say on "the Castle" YOUR Dreaming Try $150/m2 if you have an account . 6x6x 125=4.5m2 6x6x.15=5.4m2 + footings F82 is about $85 a sheet (6mt x 2.4mt) = 2 sheets Plastic chairs 20 cents each. When I did my garage 2 yrs ago I had to use face common bricks and have a teracotta tiled roof ,windows had to be timber. $7k was for 1 Roller shutter and a roller door both remote Total cost $40k+ so $8k for a complete garage + slab is good Power and data can not be run in the same conduit. if you have 3 pahse run it to the garage if you think you may get 3 phase run 3phase Rob ← 36m2= 3.6m3 (allow 3.8 @$138.00/m3= $524.4 + $80 del steel sheet 3 sheets (6x6) f72/ $51.00/sht =$153 + $45 del chairs 1 bag $ 21.00 sand allow 3m3 @48/m3 delivered= 144 so there for materials= $967.40 labour 2x concreachers @ $300/ day x 1.5 days= $900 total= $1867.40 $1867.40/36 + $51.87/m2 mate I built 38 houses last year and $55/m2 was and is spot on for small jobs. As I stated previously, no pump and no earth works. I think you are getting m2 and m3 confused.
  12. So, I wonder how many 1%ers we truly have? Lumpy ← not us poor hard done by builders, we would never ever earn anything like that, just think I went to uni and everthing and still ended up on the tools. Builders dont make good accountants, if we did there would be no black economy my 4 fav words "how much for cash" right behind "I need sex now"
  13. I would believe it, there is no way I can compete with the garage kits (nor do I want to) vs a built garage. When I build a garage/carport, I build it to look like it was always there and not just a big tin shed. Get a few quotes to do everything not just bits and pieces. Make sure to write up a spec sheet so they all quote the same thing. eg 100 mm slab, driveway pads, ramp, electricity ( conduits atleast) window, min one remote garage door if u intend leaving the car in it,wirly bird not a bad idea either. Cant stress how important power is though, extention cords are a pain. cheers tony
  14. concrete should be bout $55/m2 not inc pump or excavation. AS to how thick, well that depends on a few things, is it clay? is it on fill? is the natural ground flat? for the sake of $200 odd dollars go the 100mm. Does the price inc remote doors? slab? drive pads? ramp if required? window? power? council wk is sfa, u now use a private certifer any way.The 8k is good if you dont put your hand into your pocket again. Look in the trading post for 2nd hand ones as well (especially if your handy). I sold a 7x8 one in perf condition for $1200.00 last year. (you pull down though)
  15. yeah same, using IE now seems ok ← me too I just thought it was me as im a computer spastic
  16. Shaddup..... Nah seriously, it would be good to see you's in A.C.T, and we can show you....... ummmm....... we can take you to see the....... oh you'll love to go to......... Actually, if you missed A.C.T, you'll miss absolutely *beep* all! We got politicians, pron, and not much else. ← You must be kidding. We've got very interesting sights in Fyshwick and Mitchell. ← are there historical buildings there shazzy ← I don't know about historical buildings but the ones in Fyshwick and Mitchell could tell a few stories.....might plug some gaps in your.....knowledge... ← so you saying I could expand my knowledge ← judging by your reaction to the game of pingpong I was tellin u about YEP I reckon u could
  17. au is much better cabin wise (same size as the ba) and you can fit an alloy tray. The au is available for similar money
  18. Speaking of yoots - how's yours going turtle? ← he has a ute... what an xr6 turbo kind I thought he drove a magna.. shazzy ← courier actually. Least I drove there. hopefully back on friday
  19. shazzy, makesure u take some ping pong balls for entertainment in the yoot
  20. 326's are the worst tyre I have ever had. Would spin in the dry at 80-90k's/hr
  21. Most of the Dana diffs that we see in the workshop do have excessive backlash in the diff and they normally whine on the over run. When I bought my XR6T ute it was quite noticable (the clunk in the diff) and when we pulled it down to do a ratio change it had around .017'' crownwheel to pinion backlash. When we put it back together with the 3.73 gears we set the backlash at .006'' and it is perfect. Come for a drive to sunny Qld and I will fix it Mal ok. how much?
  22. aint back from the repairers yet ( 5 weeks this friday). But quite tempting.
  23. 18mts is harsh, the guy didn't hurt any one. You can go out get pissed and bash an innocent bloke on the street, put him in hospital etc and get a fine and com service ( what a f*cking joke) As stupid as this was ,it was a victimless crime. I guess im complaining more about the lack of punishment in other crimes rather than the hashness of his sentence.
  24. extra $1000 off for abn, looked for a bf tornado 2 weeks ago, started at 63.7k walked away with hardcover and 56.6k and then the deal didnt go ahead as my car was fixed.
  25. omg that tray is too clean, get some dirt and sh*t in there and make it into a mans yoot.
×
×
  • Create New...