Jump to content

Roley94

Member
  • Posts

    114
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Roley94

  1. Well I took my car in for a tune and they didn't like the sound of the turbo, it sounded dry. I took the car back and removed the oil screen and put a new braided line on it but it still sounds rumbly like its running dry so I'm thinking maybe the oil restrictor is blocked
  2. Can the oil restrictor at the top of the turbo be removed for cleaning or inspection purposes?
  3. I better not risk it then, the cost of installing it isn't much compared to a tune let alone an engine
  4. Its just a fixed actuator but I'm thinking if my valve springs are too soft and won't take 12 psi or more then the actuator will have to be removed again and replaced with a softer one
  5. Well I dont live to far away and it is mostly down hill
  6. Fair enough, just thought I may as well do it while im installing the dump pipe and cat
  7. Getting my car tuned next week and was wondering if a 12psi actuator can be installed before I take it in. I know this means the waste gate wont open but if I really baby it will it be ok or am I asking for trouble.
  8. Cost me $75, was all done in the carpark at my local mechanic. I use rohan fox automotive in Perth, they used one of those snap on scan tools
  9. Got it reset by a mechanic today and the car feels better than ever, transmission feels great, it must of been tricking it into thinking it was constantly going around a corner and holding the gears
  10. Does the torque app actually show if this sensor is out?
  11. I actually have been using the torque app today haha, but I've had the traction control light on for a while now and realised the sleeve that the angle sensor slides over snapped so the sensor doesn't move at all, all fixed now but wondering if it can be recalibrated at home
  12. Is it possible to recalibrate the steering angle sensor in a bf yourself, if so where is the sensor lined up in relation to the steering shaft.
  13. I'm going to install a sound stream bx15 bass processor before my sub amp and wondering if I should tap into the rear speakers or the sub pre amp, this processor accepts high level input also. I know that unplugging the sub amp enables all the speakers to run at full range but would the sub pre's still have a signal when the stock amp is unplugged
  14. I just bought an earls oil cooler adapter but got the one for the z9 filter and not the z516 that the bf takes, instead of sending the little threaded center post back and waiting another week or so I was going to machine one up on the lathe at work, Would there be any benefit in using another type of filter as I can put whatever size thread on the oil filter side or should I just stick with the z516
  15. Can transmission cooler hose be used for an engine oil cooler or is the pressure and temperature to much for it?
  16. I have been looking at dual circuit oil coolers and wondering if it would work good to cool engine oil as well as transmission fluid in the same unit, separate from each other of course.
  17. Is there any difference between BA-BF-FG engine blocks apart from dip stick and mount on the Fg? I want to build an engine for my BF mk1 but want to find another block and get that machined. I heard there are 2 knock sensors on the bf and one on the Ba, would that mean a BA block won't work for the bf but does the bf mk1 have one or two knock sensors?
  18. seems to do it more when the cars cold, once its warmed up it hardly does it
  19. I looked up converter shudder and it seems to be exactly what I have but I could be wrong, it's a pretty loud and bad shudder, can hear it from outside the car. Whatever it is it doesn't sound good
  20. The old coolant looked fine, no coolant in it but the pan was cracked and was leaking out. I got a new pan and replaced the fluid and it was going better than ever until now
  21. After flushing my zf with gulf western syntrans the torque converter shudder went away. 3 months later the shudder is back, it occurs just as the revs drop after accelerating. It still shifts perfectly and the fluid is at the correct level but I want to know why it's started shuddering again?
  22. Also after a hand brake launch at the drags he had a loud ticking noise. Ticking goes faster when pressing the brakes gently and goes away when brakes are fully depressed
  23. My mate has a thumping noise coming from his BF F6, sounds kind of like a flat tyre. The noise comes and goes while driving but isnt there when turning or driving under 40kmh, He has just installed new cv joints after snapping one and the noise wasnt there before. Any ideas on what it could be
  24. How do you remove the rear muffler from a bf xr6 turbo, I just can't get it over the diff without it getting stuck no matter how I maneuver it, is there a trick to it? The car is also on a hoist but I still can't get it out
  25. Could the tail shaft coupler having small cracks cause this, its getting replaced soon anyway and I will check the centre bearing also
×
×
  • Create New...