User55555
Member-
Posts
19 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by User55555
-
Thought about throwing a turbo or supercharged Miami into the White one but it would just break stuff when it's loaded and wouldn't get any traction when empty with only one set of rear wheels turning. The grey ute makes 360 rwkw and has not seen boost in probably 6 months as they only get used when needed and is all inner Sydney stuff.
-
Bought it with the 6 wheel conversion done just put the fgx front end and leather interior, 6 piston breaks the wheels and fitted a tipper unit with a bigger tray. We use it for getting materials to site and taking the rubbish away will carry 2.5 tonne without a drama. Factory gas engine gets a workout though. The whole setup probably owes $17k and saves about $30k per project in skip bins and I don't have to drive a sh*tty diesel tipper.
-
Did the same to this one
-
-
Made new racks, steel canopy doors and had the wheels painted while I was at it.
-
-
I did our two fg 08 work Utes with the fgx xr8 front was about $3k for all panels and brackets from ford and $800 for paint fitted it all in about two hours the Xr headlights have to be re wired for the led driving lights but was easy to figure it out. I have to say I preferred the fg f6 front design but after looking at it for 8 years the fgx just looked abit fresher and I was bored. Plus I priced the change over cost with all the engine work I already had I just could not justify dropping $40k for a new front end.
-
The three wires run the motor, the two additional ones are for the indicator. You can just plug the three in to run the motor from memory the green and brown ones are for indicator just disregard them. Had this problem when I upgraded to mirrors with indicators when I put the fgx front on my fg ute had to run the wires from the quarter panel blinkers to power the indicators on the mirrors.
-
Price check on GTX35* supercores.
User55555 replied to Fireside's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
I just had my fg ute setup with a 61mm billet wheel into the factory turbo and supporting mods made 360kw at the wheels and had all my tools out for the pump install. Drove it for a week with nothing in the back and sh*tty 245's (I carry a lot of weight everyday and keep breaking wide rim and good tyre combos so gave up) had huge traction problems to the point where it was the slowest car I think I had ever driven it just fried the tyres as soon as you touched boost. I was abit worried I had over done it drive ability wise until I loaded my tools back in, now it's a dog again. So I get your point about not over doing it with an empty tray. -
My fg ute has done the same thing, I pulled the board ripped the rest of the fabric and and sanded off the foam with an orbital sander (really coarse paper) took 5 mins. Mobile trimmer is coming Monday to glue new foam and fabric on for $70 because I did the worst part myself. Having it done in black instead of cream (always hated that roof colour in the Utes, he is also covering the plastic pillar trims. I'm dyslexic and cannot turn off simple functions in tapatalk
-
How to Replace an Electric Window Switch
User55555 replied to PAH's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
It will just pop out with a flat head screwdriver no need to remove door trim. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
We bolted the fgx fronts to a couple of our fg work utes looks more modern but not necessarily better. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
Just use roofing screws to fit the mount to the steel studs and you will not have a problem. Roofers use steel battens even on timber framed houses to hold the roofing iron.
-
It's a hard call with fitment, had a full set of brembo's 6 piston fronts and four piston rears with discs sitting around from my dads 2011 cl63 AMG as he upgraded to a carbon setup, I new that mercs and ford had same stud pattern so had a crack at trying them on one day discs fit perfect but the caliper brackets did not come close. Compared them against fords brembo's thinking I could just change the brackets but they mounted to the caliper in different spots, put it in the to hard basket.
-
The headlights are different, I was not able to find an aftermarket f6 bumper that had the xr headlight cut outs ended up getting the gt bumper to suit the xr headlights.
-
I know there is a majority feeling of distrust towards these guys, but in the interest of saving you some money try intune motorsport. Got a fg ute 3.5 single cat back mild steel exhaust from them for $560 cheapest I could find anywhere. They offered to fit it for $280 but drove around the corner to blacktown exhaust and they fitted it on the spot in an hour for $90.From what I here I wouldn't buy any intune services but can't see a problem with buying a cheap product from them.
-
My 08 xr6 T ute (85,000k)has a rapids 3.5 intake kit and an x force 3.5 inch cat back, have not got it tuned yet which is probably the problem, because it sits on an average of 21.5 per 100km, but it does have around 1.3 t in the back and is all city driving.
-
Must Read All Ute Owners - Ford Leaf Springs
User55555 replied to tasvalowna's topic in Falcon Utes (UTEopia)
I carry 1.2t constant in my fg turbo when it was first loaded up on the ford "1t" springs it wore the mud flaps off driving to pedders. They had the original springs reset 3 inches higher and installed 3 extra leafs with heavy duty shocks ($1200) it now sits at factory height loaded. Have had 1.5t in the back when I drove from Sydney to kalgoorlie and back 6600km never had a problem. Shows what needs to be done to carry a proper load.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.