Jump to content

xrdreaming

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,693
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xrdreaming

  1. Yep my mirror is useless when I have the bass up.
  2. Martini 110 and Elf Turbomax are other good fuels in the range. @ about $400 for 50 litres the Turbomax is a bit expensive though
  3. Fully Sick Cuz
  4. Mine was the same. Does your first child often answer for the little one. that's what was happening at my place so the little fella thought bugger learning how to talk properly, my big sister will do all the talking and translation for me. Don't worry about it though, they grow out of it.
  5. I too will attend both events if at all possible and I will dust the cobb webs off the old girl and give her a shake down on both dynos. I will even have a retune and tweak a few more hp out of her!
  6. I did mine, it was easy, just make sure you have a good hold on them so they don't spin
  7. I love you too mate
  8. Yeah but your in love with me though, so that doesn't say much for ya now does it
  9. 1/Goldbullet 2/Geea 3/Blown BA 4/Tanya (HPF) 5/xrdreaming
  10. The front neons got ripped off when I smashed my front bar so they are out of action at the moment, the sides and rear are still on there though
  11. Well after a frustrating day trying to figure things out what I could do, I came to the conclusion that the only way out of it was to raise the front ride height. I am not happy with it, as it is only now just lower than stock (The guard was sitting just a finger width from the rim before and looked the goods), now I can fit my fist in there but that was the height I needed to avoid damaging the bar so I may have to fill the guards with 20's I think. Anyway, following are some pics, I didn't get a chance to wash it though!
  12. Hi Guys, As some of you may be aware I smashed my BA XR6 front bar on the way back from Sydney to Melbourne a few weeks ago and I have replaced it with a BF Typhoon front bar from AWC I picked it up from the panel shop today and fitted it up and it looks great. But now I can't even get in and out of my driveway without it scraping hard and my driveway is not what I would call steep! I doubt I would make it over most speed humps or into my local servo for that matter. I have a ute and have had it lowered, it rides on 18 inch rims and the front guards sit just nicely about 20-30 mil above the rim. Does this seem normal and what height have you guys gotten away with (Still making it over speed humps and into servos and alike?) It is fibreglass and will no doubt break soon and I really don't want to raise the ride height more than I have to as if it breaks I will just have to get an XR6 one again and the ride height will look too high. Cheers, Dean
  13. Yep I know a lot of guys with LS1's and all the well modified manuals run the rip shift and swear by them. Fonzy is the guy that sells them and they all say he is great to deal with so maybe try ringing him at ripshift and have a chat.
  14. No I know what you have been told mate that is why I left the door open for your reply, I have no reason to doubt you at all. I just know that APS didn't know that it was done and they were very concerned at the time that the engine would lunch itself during one of the runs and cause bad publicity for the APS phase kits, it caused some heated discussions between APS and C&V at the time.
  15. I think privately owned yes it is mate. There will some speculation about this but I truely believe that the C&V car when it ran it's 10 sec pass was running standard internals. I don't want to go to far into it on the forum but I know what I know for good reasons. I was involved heavily with APS at the time and was present at a couple of conversations at the time between Peter and the C&V boys and I can tell you that if C&V did have rods in the engine then APS knew nothing of it and they told Peter it was till running stock internals at the time.
  16. Manual I think Dave Nice looking wheels there ninka
  17. xrdreaming

    Hpf Robbed

    Clearly not soon enough Ben
  18. There are many options for you. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...topic=20823&hl= Start with the above topic and use the search to find some more.
  19. No not this time Rob, I didn't have the time to let him play as I needed it back for the long weekend, we will be trying a new mod in the near future though, I will keep you posted.
  20. Guys Andrew at Preston Autos has done it again! My auto lost 2nd and 4th again yesterday and I dropped it off to them at lunchtime yesterday. It was ready for me to pick up at 2pm today, new band and frictions, all cleaned out and rebuilt good as new. I can't ask for better service than that.
  21. xrdreaming

    Hpf Robbed

    Thanks for the offer Luke, I soughted them out today, life will be very tuff for the scumbags next time.
  22. Nice piece of debunking there Scully
  23. The fish are a bit harder to catch around these parts than they are in Canada Merv. Still luv ya work cobba
  24. Each car is different and some cars need valve springs done at lower power levels than others. You most certainly can get an edit with injectors done safely. I f the tuner starts to see valve bounce he will just tune to the power level just below that and then it's up to you if you are happy with that power or want more. You might want to save up and have them done though as you will want more power down the road.
  25. Luv ya work Merv!
×
×
  • Create New...