FPV 521
Member-
Posts
989 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by FPV 521
-
0-200kmh in 5 seconds WOW.
-
Burn it and it'll BE a GT. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> A black one no doubt..... Thanks for the laugh Rob, Poor fkn GT owners make me either laugh cry or puke my fckn guts out with their stupidity and caravan towers.... Maybe they should go hangout at the LS1 site and whinge about the blown 6 owners. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Dont put us all in the same class, and as for going to the LS 1 site bugger off
-
Too true. My engine just kept getting better up to about 15-20,000 ks, despite a few good "running in" sessions along the way Also watch what oil goes in the car - the dealer put in 15W-40 dino oil at the 15k service and it made a noticeable difference changing to a decent 10W-30 at 25,000 ks. And run your tyres at 36 psi min. All little things, but they make a difference when you don't have a turbo Depending on what tyres came on the car (not SP3000s I hope) the best thing to do with $1k might be a set of decent tyres. I put up with SP3000s for 35,000 ks and wish that I'd changed them MUCH sooner. The car is heaps quieter on smooth roads, corners better, etc, etc. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Just interested in how did changing the oil make a noticeable difference to your car?
-
-
Compared to what? I have never liked any AUs - deliberately avoided buying one - preferred my old EB XR8 and held out for the BA. The BAs look awkward looking - and already look dated in my opinion. I am sure that's why they sold so few. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Compared to some of the other colured AUs, some colours look better than others, I had a a EB and an AU and the AU is a good car, may not be some peoples idea of a good looking car but I liked mine, They are pretty average compared to the BA that's for sure but I still have a soft spot for my AU and I understand that some people didnt like them as it was a pretty radical change.
-
Buy some car seat covers for the T and spend the rest on a P51 Mustang to blast around the sky in. 400mph and 1500 HP V12 Merlin, doesnt get any better than that have a decent house being built so go the plane
-
Advice On Putting On Bonnet Stickers
FPV 521 replied to stang's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
I agree, I have seen some pretty bad attmpts, they are quite long stickers and you can mess it up in a flash. Dont forget to post some pictures when its done <{POST_SNAPBACK}> talk about putting pressure on <{POST_SNAPBACK}> No pressure mate, Im sure you want it done right and the car to look S^&% Hot -
How fckn un-australian to even think about changing the flag and its very disrespectful to the people who have fought and died under it The union jack and the southern cross are part of our short but great history and the flag represents this and im proud of it CYA JEFF <{POST_SNAPBACK}> cant help but agree, This argument comes up in NZ from time to time and I dont really see why, Like our flag yours goes back along way and to change it really makes no sence, There are more important things going on in the world as some say but its important to not forget our countries history and remember what others have done in order to keep the flags we have today. I am happy with that flag we have as people did fight and die for it, the flag means a lot to soldiers and everyone that remembers the tragic events from the past and we shouldnt forget that time and prevent wars in the future. I am much happier discussing our current flag rather than having flag and another countires beliefs that could have been forced on us during the 1940s.
-
Advice On Putting On Bonnet Stickers
FPV 521 replied to stang's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
I agree, I have seen some pretty bad attmpts, they are quite long stickers and you can mess it up in a flash. Dont forget to post some pictures when its done -
Hi ya Glenn, don't know about your au, but my one used to attract this strange fog sometimes. Enjoy mate. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Cool
-
I was in the same boat as you a month or so ago, I had the choice of Run Out Mark 2 GTs and F6s and an option on a BF as well. In the end I chose the mark 2 GT manual as I didnt want an auto, however the 6 speed auto in the Typhoon is good, never tried one in a GT as It just had to have the 6 speed manual. The Mark 2s were a good price and I nearly took an F6 but I wanted to give a GT a whirl, the Mark 2 FPVs sure are good cars especially if you get a good run out price and low interest rate The BFs are nice cars but I saved a heap of cash and got a great car. If you are after an auto you need a BF, no question. Good Luck and either way you will love the car you pick
-
Well Ive got to disagree with you, I had a Turbo and ran up 30000km before selling it and bought a GT instead of an F6, tried both but to me the GT won hands down due to my preferences. The GT is a better car than an XR 6 Turbo in my opinion. If you want to run it down just because its a V8 feel free but its a great car and that's a fact. Was a tough choice between a GT and an F6 though. As for the bonnet, if you like it get one <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Wasn`t having a go at the GT just poking fun at DBOSS, I like the GT though I still prefer the Turbo. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Fair Enough
-
Well Ive got to disagree with you, I had a Turbo and ran up 30000km before selling it and bought a GT instead of an F6, tried both but to me the GT won hands down due to my preferences. The GT is a better car than an XR 6 Turbo in my opinion. If you want to run it down just because its a V8 feel free but its a great car and that's a fact. Was a tough choice between a GT and an F6 though. As for the bonnet, if you like it get one
-
Same here
-
Black AUs still look the best
-
Great Stuff boy you sure have put some work into the car and good on you
-
Well even the best plans can fail
-
Love My Xr6t , But .....a Porsche! Damn.
FPV 521 replied to vidge's topic in General Automotive Talk
What you say about sums it up, would love a drive in one, I fly aeroplanes in my spare time and have flown in a P51 Mustang, a real dream machine, could never ever even dream about owning one but the experience was awesome. 1490 hp V12 Rolls Royce Merlin and 350-450mph god dont get me started. -
2006 Australian Production Car Championship
FPV 521 replied to xr6_prod's topic in General Automotive Talk
Good Luck with the racing, give it heaps -
It might pay to check with someone if your car will have its warranty honoured if something goes wrong with your car and you have cut the bump stops in half. They are put there for a reason and Ford could probably get out of warranty claims quite easily, but not sure on that.
-
Doesnt really bother me what people do with there cars. I do have the odd laugh from time to time when I see the old Commodores dressed up like HSVs. I guess they like the look of the car and perhaps they will never be able to buy the real thing so they dress there cars up a. Sometimes I wonder why people pay so much to make there cars look like another car, some of those guys who spend a lot of money could buythe real thing by the time they paint all the gear and have it installed. I had GT stripes on my car Turbo and liked them for a while but ended up taking them off as it wasnt a GT and some people were asking me if it was. In the end I bought a GT and I consider myself lucky to have one as there arent that many in NZ and I have worked bloddy hard for it. They are a great car and if someone wants to put GT bits on a Falcon that isnt a GT it doesnt worry me. Some people cant afford one so choose to make there Xrs etc look a bit different, I dont think it hurts the FPV brand. At the end of the day I dont have to drive these cars that have different bits on them but if it makes the owner happy and proud of there car then that's great. One thing I really dont like is people who take the Ford badges off there car, that's one thing I will never do, I love my Ford and want others to know what it is. The only time I will have a car without a Ford badge will be if its another make.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.