-
Posts
92 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Rodderz
-
Might just have to go on the 12th Mark, try and be the 1st BA 5.4 ute sub-14 , including pursuits! (that I know of..!) Regarding time, last few times I rushed to get there at 5 to scrutineer only to have still hot weather, slow times!
-
0.6 bar...how many psi is that?
-
Thanks Peter, lot of worthwhile detail there! The points you raised about the wear & tear of vehicles whilst being on the dyno, are something I hadn't thought about but are an important point. Only thing, I've heard (through other people) that some people are experiencing problems with aftermarket piggyback devices on the BA xr8 and GT's with the factory ECU actually "outsmarting" the chip...how true I'm unsure of the details, 1 guy lost 24kw's. Could be other things on the car (or the ECU) but could this at all be possible whererby the ECU interrupts the loop? cheers for taking time to write such an indepth reply!
-
well done mate! Looks like xr6T's will be a force at calder! Those slicks of yours will be a necessity now, radials will be pretty darn nerve racking. Good luck with next week, dont think I'll be there, had my last go last week, just missed out on 13's! ......(darn those 6's...)
-
sure looks like a great car. Not sure of whether there will be 4, 5 or 6 foreward cogs but I'm confidant I heard the diff ratio will be close to 3.8. If so, bloody quick!
-
Peter If the ECU cods were to be cracked in the inline 6 engines, do you think much more power and opportunity would be avaliable, compared to the UNICHIP? I think this is whats needed on the 5.4 Boss engines, once a ford style LS1EDIT is attained, there will be much more scope, and mods such as air intakes or exhausts will be able to be taken full advantage of, also diffrerent cams could be fitted
-
The full herrods exhaust will give around 10-15rwkw's gain over stock, it gives increase all over while still retaining some back pressure. The K & N may only give 5rwkw's, but the BMC pod filters are way better. I had a battens cold air intake with a K & N and there wasnt a huge difference, but changed to the SS Induction and noticed more difference, then more agaiun when installing the BMC. I'd say with zorst and filter only another 25kw's or so at the motor...
-
I think a T is the best car anywhere at the moment for serious mods to make good times vs cost, also the fact it can be driven sedately like a N/A 6cyl and a racecar on the weekend. But for me after driving the boss the noise and smoothness of the donk is really an enjoyable experience!
-
Seen a new XR6 in the green colour yesterday up at Marysville, looked ok but not really my cuppa tea. I was just thinking how good a ferrari yellow would look on a BA...now it will be! I think some more "flat" colours look good on the hero models, such as blood orange, I think a flat blue would look good too, similar to the blue on the focus but a tad darker btw...the new zest colour is turd! Reminds me of grandpa gold magna's and camry's!
-
I noticed that too mark! I think they've forgotten that the SS is no longer faster than all of the ford counterparts?
-
If you guys go the XR8 airbod mod with the pod filters, go the BMC filter. It is hollow all the way through and there is a much more noticeable difference than the K & N
-
I'm there fella, hopefully better weather than last week, but not as hot as heathcote!
-
I got the Batten's air intake mod for my BAXR8 ute last year. Barry is a great bloke, replied to my email questions quickly and answered all my queries. I got the intake for around $300 but that had the already modded airbox included so I could keep the stock one intact. I did notice a difference after installation, more so mid range anbd upwards. A few months back a guy I knew (who is an SS Induction retailer) got the SS widemouth air intake for his ute for trial but never ended up using it, so I got it put on mine. Is a bit fiddly to install but the results were the best mod I've done to it. More & quicker throttle response, louder induction and exhaust note, better economy. The deflectors dont detract from any cooling of the radiator or motor, the temp guage never goes a tad past a 1/4.
-
Spose it depends on how you treat it too....slam gears and drop clutches and it wont last as long even in a stocker Peter, I think rainer was telling us a while back that your phase lll(??) had no dramas for quite a while with a manual box, although the clutch plate was swapped for a stronger one?
-
Regarding the so called "weak" T5 manual boxes, has anyone actually heard of one breaking. Was at APS last week talking to Rainer (sales rep) and was telling us about their 390kw XR6 Turbo with the manual tranny. They have replaced a clutch or 2 due to the increased power, but the gearbox is still as right as rain after much punishment. The box has been strengthened since AU and Ford has tested it at well over the standard 6 psi, so in my view if you enjoy a manual more, do it. Even if mods are planned. I'm sure Ford wouldn't release a vehicle with a component knowing that it was too weak..
-
Richdave, have seen the exact said car on same road last week in the afternoon. Driving the truck I saw it coming up in the side mirrors, slowed down to let it pass, then copped a look at the rear...wtf!!! Double twins look ok (abit square), but the ricer tail lamps spoil a good rear end and the tailgate seemed to be dead flat with all badges removed... Top looking car and individual I guess but dang those tail lamps look ordinary!
-
The stang is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. I know a mate who gets to frequently drive one and that engine note is pure horn. The actual car is questionable ie. build quality, handling, ride height, but the fun of the race-like sounding motor (inside & out) outyweighs all of it, especially in a soft top! Had 5 side by side runs with a brand new one in a BAXR8 ute and every time it was dead even, both manuals!
-
Mondie, IMO probably a good move waiting for either a turbo FPV, or a series 2 GT. If it's performance you're after rather than the accessories that a GT offers an XR8 with s/c would be cheaper...except for dramas with insurance. The FPV turbo "if" built by ford/fpv will be a weapon and a half. It certainly will peeve off the GT owners but no doubt Ford will know that a lot of money can be made from it, after all they are a business and that's what the overall aim is. Expect it to be considerably higher than 270kw's too.....it will blow the doors off a current GT. Then again series 2 will see a few more fruits added to the Boss engines leaving them quite impressive. But series 2 GT, I'm not sure of a date of release...
-
The only part of warranty that the exhaust voids is if you try to claim on damages to the cats or headers, which are the aftermarket ones. If you only get a cats back it doesnt affect it at all. I have considered a uni-chip, even to the point of getting one last week, but I wanted more feedback from people who got it done after a few 1000km's, most people get it donme from new. At $1500 for around 5kw's at the treads is a bit much too, although it's meant to change the way in which the motor delivers power eg. no lag down low, leans off fuel to get more power across more of the rev range. I probably will get it later, but a house is on the horizon and $$ are hard to save when your constantly doing mods! I'm getting a cold air intake and K & N filter fitted next week which is supposed to be ok so I'll be looking foreward to seeing how it goes
-
Fordboy, I have an XR8 ute also. Done 7500km's and couldnt be happier, I love the thing. Although Ford have done a good job of the exhaust in stock form (heaps louder than an SS), I fitted a full herrods stainless headers and cats back. The note is awesome and it gives the low down power a big kick in the guts. I still find myself cruising around in low gears just to hear the thing rev out. Had no dramas with it, and although a leaf sprung rear end, I'm surprised with the traction it does get. Anything over 3000-3500 and you're losing rubber, wet or dry, but even in the wet as long as you are mindful and alert it does grip pretty well. I traded in a 2001 V6 Rodeo and even with only 142kw's I think it was more dangerous on the wet road than the XR8... It's beaten an XR6T ute on a few runs on one night against a mate, and also an auto XR8 sedan on an LS1 cruise night. It averages around 15-16lt's 100km's, but I've also got 550km's out of a tank in a mixture of city/highway. It does seem heavy in the front and does get understeer if thrown into a corner, but the pure superbness of that V8 outdoes every negative it will ever have!
-
Bloody horn there charlie! Not a fan of some other stripe setups but this looks the goods!
-
Great stuff Charlie, definately worth it for the full herrods exhaust. Got my XR8 ute done a month ago and couldnt be happier. The note is fantastic, and more power down low and mid range. Got it dynoed last week and got 228rwkw's, mind you not at herrods as rob was away when I got it done, but will do so soon....now what to do next!
-
You hear different comments from different people- I swear by optimax, I swear by synergy etc.... I must say I've used mostly optimax, but lately started using mobil synergy 8000 as there were some reports about dodgy optimax. Cant notice any difference really, I think you would have to be driving the balls off your car or doing the same km's day in day out to really know.. Having said that though I never go to the smaller petrol outlets or safeway/woolies, I know of a few people who have had to get their cars fixed for water and/or other substances other than petrol in the fuel!
-
Personally I see Congo a better colour, with more metallic in it. This green seems I dare say... a bit "old fartish"
-
The 3650 manual box in the XR8 was a bit stiff when new, no clunks but was tight. After a few 1000km's however it falls into gear, very enjoyable and easy to drive.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.