Jump to content

My_XR6_Turbo

Member
  • Posts

    282
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by My_XR6_Turbo

  1. That's exactly what dad and I were saying as we pulled the whole onside of the car out.....
  2. Replaced the mixer shaft on the weekend after 2 years and took some pics so everyone knows what they are looking for.
  3. That was a quick reply. Thanks heaps. Ill get the belt tonight on my way home. Is there anything else I should do while replacing the belt?
  4. Hey guys, I need to replace my drive belt (its now split in two) and I wanted to know what is the easiest way to change it as there is not much room down there. Do I put a socket on the tensioner pulley and rotate clockwise to give it some slack? Thanks in advance.
  5. Thinking about changing the oil feed line and found this. Will this be OK? http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=150966936870&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=35699151386hinking about changing the oil feed and found this. Is this any good?
  6. New master cylinder is required. Its a common fault.
  7. I've done it but its rely not worth it. Attached to the back of the radio is a box that controls the lcd from memory. It took me 7 hours to solder new wires to move the box to a different location out of the way. After that you will need to make up new brackets to mount it. But it still didn't sit right so I ended up making a new fascia. Was is worth it? Probably not. But I have GPS, BLUETOOTH, DVD and reverse camera. If you have a full week and don't mind stripping the centre console out, go for it.
  8. how much is cheap :-)
  9. Mine did the same, it's your clutch plate starting to die. It will start in 4th then you will notice it in 3rd then 2nd then all the time.
  10. Try just reloading your tune. That should fix your problem.
  11. So what did you do so you could still use the key pad? Have you still got the link for install instructions?
  12. Where are you running the O2 sensor wire to?
  13. I spoke to Mr. Turbo in QLD and he highly recommended it.
  14. I have just purchased one but have not received it yet but I had a look at the wiring diagram and from what I can make out this is the way it should be connected. Let me know if this is how you did it. Timer Car Red = Yellow Blue = Black with Grey Stripe Green = White Black = Black with Grey Dashes Grey = Hand break. 0 Vol when hand break is up and 12V when down.
  15. OK guys, I think my turbo is stuffed. I was driving along and heard a funny grinding noise on boost. I have checked the turbo and there is no play up or down nor in and out but if I spin the turbo you can hear the bearings grind. So what are my options? Do I purchase a new turbo? Get mine rebuilt? How much am I looking at? I live in Melbourne so who would you recommend to do the rebuild? Can I take the turbo off the car and still drive it? Are there any step by step instructions on how to remove the turbo? Thanks guys. Will this fit? http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item230f518e19
  16. Need to have a clutch installed in my T5 BA XR6Turbo ASAP. It's slipping in every gear. Can anyone suggest a good installer? I can supply my own clutch. Thanks guys.
  17. Nah I don't have a hoist. So you can't do it on the ground with axle stands?
  18. It all depends on how hard it is and if there are and tricks. If its just a matter of a few bolts dropping the box installing the clutch and bolting it back together then I will save $550
  19. I have a t5 gearbox and needs a new clutch. I'm not to bad with mechanics so is installing a new clutch something I could do myself? Are there any tricks? Is it just drop the tail shaft and undo the gearbox and replace the clutch? Thanks guys.
  20. What are the prices for option 2 and 3. Mine is slipping really bad under load. I have 270rwkw Thanks
  21. I have an Exedy cussion button clutch in my car which is producing around 270rwkw. It’s been in for 18 months with no problems. Recently I noticed there has been oil on my clutch pedal. I had a look and the master cylinder is leaking. I have called Ford and they want around $500+ to replace it. What I have also noticed is if I’m doing 80kmh in 5th gear and then put the foot down, when the revs come up to around 3500-4000rpm and 7psi boost the clutch will slip badly, it never use to do that. Is that because of the master cylinder leaking? If I take off hard in first, second and third gear the clutch does not slip (not yet anyway). Does this sound like the clutch giving up or because the master cylinder needs replacing? Is there any adjustment I can do to fix it slipping at high RPM/PSI? it’s a T5 gearbox. Thanks guys.
  22. I opened my boot this morning and the pin on the body of the car where the gas strut connects to broke free. Has this happened to anyone else? What do I do now?
  23. Cant try different speeds. traffic banks up. Takes about 5 mins to get to round about. Then once I get to the round about and take off only 3PSI.
  24. Nope, tried that. Going home it works fine. I'm thinking maybe cause I'm sitting in traffic for a while (5mins at traffic lights). Could it be the MAP VS Intake Air Temp table and ECT multiplier table?
  25. Yeah kinda. Why?
×
×
  • Create New...