Jump to content

CLuTZ

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    227
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CLuTZ

  1. Not wanting to pay over inflated retail prices doesn't necessarily mean you want to cut corners or want a 'chop job' does it....
  2. Yep that's exactly what I meant. I'm half asleep over here. Cheers.
  3. Bumping up an old thread here.... Is there anyone who can tell me what bulbs in G6E spot lights are? P.S bluey1 it sounds like you got stung with fake Philips bulbs....
  4. I made a post yesterday- not exactly sure where it went! I spoke to a local panelbeater regarding getting an aftermarket bonnet fitted, and he mentioned that the non genuine ones never fit properly- and will vibrate because they won't be sitting on the factory rubbers properly? Can anyone comment on this? Any pics of aftermarket bonnets appreciated! I don't really want to drop $2k on a genuine bonnet (painted) but then again I don't want it looking skew wiff and feeling flimsy either!
  5. Bumping this thread up- I just priced a genuine XR8 bonnet from Ford for $1599.75 which is $1185 more than a standard bonnet!! Obviously the non-genuine steel bonnets I see on fleabay are nowhere near as much- but what are the quality like compared to the genuine items??
  6. Cool conversion, but why wouldn't you just get a manual XR6 with lux pack and make it look like a G6E??
  7. The reason why the last person wouldn't sell me theirs is because they got a quote from Ford and didn't want to go through with the deal. $900 I think he said IIRC. It's not as if they are rare though so not sure what his deal was, or why no one will sell me one. Even been trolling ebay hard too. lrmcdowell I'll send you a pm... cheers...
  8. Hey guys- I have been searching high and low for a stock FG cat. I'm getting desperate! I'm just putting it out there to see if anyone has one they can sell me... pm me if you can! Cheers
  9. Toyo are amazing. I priced up some T1S and they were $380 a corner. Ended up going for some Achillies ATR Sport which for $120 each fitted are fantastic- just as good if not better than the factory Dunlops!
  10. Boost leak
  11. Pics!??
  12. This is where I want to mount it- on the dash below my GPS (where the red tape measure is) I just wanted to know if the wiring is best suited going into the vent, or down the A-pillar- purely for ease of installation. I kinda want it a bit neater than the pic above- use some conduit or something
  13. Hey All, I'm looking at installing an electronic boost gauge into my G6E- mounting it around the A-pillar or very right hand side of the dash area, around the vent. I just wanted to see if anyone else has installed a gauge in this area, and where you ran the wiring to. Is through the vent a possibility? Or down the A-pillar? Obviously I want to hide the wiring as much as possible. Thanks for your replies, CLuTZ
  14. I ran my car in hard, and when I got it dyno'd- it made over 20rwkw more than other FG turbos on the same dyno in similar conditions.
  15. Toyo T1S. Best wet weather tyre I've ever used. Just like you're driving in the dry.
  16. I have torque already, and it never shows the value??
  17. Hey all, Has anyone out there fitted an aftermarket trans temp gauge for their ZF trans before?? Just wanting to know if there's any ports to tap in for an oil temp gauge, and if so- where they are? Also- by fitting a temp gauge- will this void my warranty? Cheers, CLuTZ
  18. Mine does it too. After recently getting my car tuned, I was shocked to see how hot these cars run- was reaching 100° after just 2 dyno pulls on a 25 degree day. I'm going to be installing a cooler thermostat asap- perhaps that might be a little more peace of mind for you too.
  19. Why not just get an electronic boost gauge with a warning indicator?
  20. Sunday March 25th is Test and Tune day at Heathcote- I'm probably going to head up! Last time I went, I got 8 runs in 2 hours. Perfect for testing, and tuning Apparently they recently re-laid the first 100ft of the track too.
  21. If you're keen to swap your growler, let me know!
  22. Exactly the same off boost.... but the top end feels great! Looking forward to another few mods and a bit more boost.
  23. Looks good mate! Loving the wheels! Just a bit of an offset fail on the rear?
  24. PM sent~>
×
×
  • Create New...