Jump to content

timetaker

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    217
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by timetaker

  1. Video comparision from DriveTV: http://media.drive.com.au/cars/car-reviews/comparison-review-falcon-xr6-turbo-v-vf-commodore-ss-4449247.html
  2. The intaker silencer kit,apart from the increased induction noise,wouldn't have any performance increase ???
  3. I had the StreetFighter CAI fitted today and I have to say it is a great looking piece of kit.It didn't take long at all especially when my nephew(auto technician) did the work. At the onset I noticed that the engine seemed a little smoother at idle and when underload.The ingear acceleration seemed a little briskier and also noticed an improved pick up. My car is "stock" except for the CAI therefore no discernable difference in intake noise was noticed.I still need to drive the car for an extended period of time for further evaluation of the new CAI,but so far so good!
  4. I found this vid quite interesting,although they use a Late model camira it basically shows the comparative power and torque between the two boost options.
  5. I've been researching cold air intakes I've actually ordered the KPM Streetfighter CAI,as far as I know,you do not need to have your stock car tuned. The ECU will adjust accordingly to the change in air volume.
  6. I was checking out the FPV site and it's showing a CGI of the new colour. What do you think? http://www.fpv.com.au/gt_showroom/gt
  7. I agree!.Although a Nurburgring time doesn't necessarily mean that it's the be all and end all measure of a car's performance,world wide it is considered as a feat that needs to be completed by any manufacturer if they wish to gain "credibility" for their cars' performance.The upcoming GTS would "need" to complete a similiar or faster lap time than the Mercs,Audis and BMWs that GMH believes it will compete against.If the GTS does indeed accomplish a faster lap time well........ most of GMH's marketing would be self completed and no doubt successful.
  8. Looks better than the current GTS.I'm not sure about the look of the rear;maybe the tail pipes should've been with rounded tips??
  9. I really don't see anything wrong in talking about 1/4 mile,0-100km/h times etc.The GTS as well as the GT335 are supposed to represent the respective companies' high performance offerings and it is only natural that people will talk,make assumptions,suppostions about the performance or potential performance of those vehicles. The upcoming GTS could bring that spark in interest that our industry needs.I can just imagine all the comparisions with not only our home grown cars but also overseas manufacturers and that is a good thing !
  10. Just searching the web on 1/4 mile figures on the Camaro ZL1.I've seen a number of 12.2 to 12.3s + times for bone stock cars(no drag radials etc).Speed seems to be about 115 mph.Although these runs cannot be an accurate gauge on the upcoming GTS performance,one would assume it(GTS) should be able to at least do the same times? The Shelby GT500 doesn't lose often to this Camaro from what I've seen,considering the GT500 is available only in manual while the ZL1 is available in both transmissions.On the rare ocassion that the GT500 loses it seems to always have a higher terminal speed of 3 + mph higher and a driver that cannot shift :(. It's a shame the 5.8L SC engine will not make it's way to FPV. There is little doubt that the new GTS(bone stock) will be faster than the GT and the F6.Although if GMH are gunning for the European "muscle cars" dynamically,It will certainly have a very tough job!
  11. From what I have found out the Camaro it's about 1900kgs.
  12. Just saw a vid on the Camaro ZL1 (same engine as the upcoming GTS)done by GM engineers last year.An auto and a manual at a drag strip achieved best runs of 11.96secs(117mph) for the manual and a 11.93secs(116mph)for the auto.Both cars were fitted with drag radials. I would say a bone stock GTS should at least do very low 12s?
  13. Although most of the attention is centered with FPV Vs HSV I wonder what people in M5s, Audis RSs and Mercs AMG would be thinking?These cars that can cost more than double the GTS would have to think twice about taking on a GTS at the lights or down the drag strip.
  14. I seriously doubt that FPV will match or come near to those power figures.It has more power and torque than the BMW M5 and E63 AMG however they may still be a tad faster to the 0-100km/h than the GTS.The only way I see Ford beating these numbers from the GTS is to import the more powerful Mustang engine..... that's not going to happen. From the Herald-Sun CarsGuide there is a little more information mentioned such as 5 stage stability control and the 6 piston front and 4 piston rear brakes! http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-news/new_hsv_gts_australias_most_powerful_car?origin=hpc1
  15. 1st April marked exactly 20 months of ownership clocked up 15,009 klms so far for my daily driver.
  16. It is true that base models are not suppose to look 'sexy' or be sporty. That's why Ford has been pushing the XR models more so than the standard XT,they are more profitable. Other base models such as the series 1 BMW,Audis A4/A3 and the Golf look very ordinary to me.
  17. Check the Google address below the first row of pictures should show the car. https://www.google.com.au/search?q=2014+falcon&hl=en&safe=off&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=UNotUcTADM2ViQfq3oCABg&ved=0CDoQsAQ&biw=1584&bih=809
  18. Finally,a few pictures of the base model VF Commodore.Just what I imagined it would look like...................very,very ordinary. A very different car from the glitzy SS or Calais. http://www.caradvice.com.au/217135/holden-vf-commodore-base-model-caught-undisguised/
  19. The car is a rendition of the upcoming Falcon..............with the GT/GS hood.I wouldn't be surprised if it's quite close to the real car. From what I've been told it will bear some similarities to Aston Martin cars from the front.You can also see the styling cues from the EVOS concept.
  20. The car is a rendition of the upcoming Falcon..............with the GT/GS hood.I wouldn't be surprised if it's quite close to the real car. From what I've been told it will bear some similarities to Aston Martin cars from the front.You can also see the styling cues from the EVOS concept.
  21. Those SS rims wouldnt look too bad on my white F6.
  22. It looks like the HSV range will be supercharged? http://www.caradvice.com.au/214859/holden-vf-commodore-ss-gets-6-2-litre-v8-hsv-to-go-supercharged/
  23. The Mazda look comment is spot on.The car generally looks ok especially from the front.The interior also looks nice. Any info on the engines for the Bogan special and HSV models? It doesn't seem that there will be any force-fed engines in the line up?
  24. Some people talk about being one-eyed as having something wrong with them.If people appreciate other car makes well that's fine but if others prefer to follow a certain brand I really don't see any problem.I have an acquaintance who is financially very well off and has for over 20 years,bought Porsches;he has had 928s and numerous 911s(present car is a Porsche 911 twin turbo.) I was a one-eyed Honda supporter unfortunately, the car maker's direction had disappointed me to the extent that I will probably never buy one again. I now appreciate other car brands but mainly turbocharged cars.The LV Focus XR5 was my first turbo and I've been hooked on turbos ever since. There are also people that simply because Mercedes,Audi or BMW make it,it's the "bees knees".This is happening with the upcoming new hot hatch from Mercedes. I've seen comments such as" it will destroy the other hot hatches "blah!..blah!..blah!It very well might be a great hatch but wait until there are actual reviews on the car. Although I must say for $50,000 you get a lot of kit but power and torque is 155kw and 340 nm respectively.....less than a ST Focus. If I had the means,I would gladly be an one-eyed Porsche turbo fan(atic)!
  25. Buying a car from a company's high performance offerings has mainly to do with power and torque. I'm not interested in Holden's or Ford's base cars.I would say that most members' interest would be concerning the HSV and FPV offerings. I disagree that the FG looks a decade behind the Commodore,infact the I would say that the FG has aged well by having a more enduring shape but of course this is just my opinion.
×
×
  • Create New...