Jump to content

CBXRT

Banned
  • Posts

    643
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by CBXRT

  1. CBXRT

    AFL Enthusiasts

    Here you go Pazz; Grandfinal- Cats/Pies. (again Brownlow- Danew Swan (gifted it this year, the clowns in white will probably do it again) Wooden spoon- GWS Top 4-Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton Bottom 4- Sydney, West Coast, Kangaroos, Essendon OzKing, I will be in DreamTeam for sure.
  2. Remember the seller has THIS car....so I wouldnt take too much notice of why it doesnt makes sense....ha ha
  3. Would be far better just to go to any Ford dealer, drive both and simply find out for yourself....... Are you in a remote location or something maybe, hence not an option?
  4. Mentioning SIlvias (rubbish car, no offence intended) to Ts isnt a great comparison mate.....ha ha. Completely forget that experience, and the guys advice on Ts will assist far more as its chalk and cheese :sungum:
  5. Ill give you front on then, brilliant angle for Phoons......... But rest....not for mine. Phoon from side, rear and rear quarter looks very old, even more so than standard Ts (especially the wing and side skirts.....awful)
  6. I dont agree. The Typhoons look old these days (but still great, like all XRs), in some ways more than standard Ts as the Phoon body kit is very "square" - FG F6 looks modern/fast/awesome look on the road.
  7. Yep, you are 100% right but that's from transport department. Nothing to do with MAIB. I am not expecting you to have an accident anyway, so it should be no worries!! I know of a few disasters when rego isnt accepted that's all........not pretty, so drive carefully.
  8. . LOL, this hoary old argument......... I agree the manual is more entertaining, but its a rubbish box. If you want a decent and fast manual shift then dont buy a Falcon. Each to their own I guess. If a daily car driving on mostly traffic id pick ZF, if more a "fun" car/modified etc to just enjoy, then manual definately.
  9. Also remember that driving a prohibit car not only means loss of license, car not covered by insurance etc, but most importantly no MAIB cover in an accident I believe. (normally covered under rego but rego is not valid if car is prohibited - I might be wrong) Hit someone or something, and you pay the lot.......which could be in the millions. Not meaning to scare you mate, its one of the nicer Phoons actually, but they are the risks and its up to you if worth it!
  10. Absolutely agree. Ive tried both types from XRT, HSV, GTR and RS Liberty (sounds gay, but this fridge hammered and sounded good!! ha ha) and IMO mild steel gives a better note, far better value for money. But like all these threads, its extremely dependant on owner - people pay 300K and love a Ferarri 8 or 12 note - I think many are way too high-pitched and awful, so each to their own :sungum:
  11. First time ive ever thought that I wanted to be Justin (hermaphrodite) Bieber....ha ha.
  12. LOL. I am sure you did...... .....but I think you might be an "exception" being a female car fan Fluffy!!
  13. That was my point mate entirely......ha ha
  14. Or any FPV/T arguably......
  15. Pookey, at the end of the day is doesnt matter if 18 or 80, people can always "afford" whatever. Just means not putting that money into something else...... Its whether its a good idea or not is the key/important question. ps: Cars are terrible investments! But if you want one though, go for it as only live once :sungum:
  16. At least the Hyundai looks better than this highly desirable Ferari Enzo replica (LOL);
  17. I wouldnt say less drone mate, what I would say manual is sounds much better between gear changes. Autos with loud exhausts can sound really bad between shifts....much better in tiptronic mode though, still not to manual level. I hated the sound of the centre out on cold-start up, but above 3k and warm its great - hotdogs do flatten/deepen the note considerably. Each to their own I guess.
  18. Hi Her XR6 T, I am not into events/cruises etc (plus I never get time anyway having a young daughter), but very happy to contribute to Tas chat for where to go, good/bad experiences etc etc if that helps. Also, is that your car parked on Clarence St? Maybe not as there is a few blue ones around, but it seems your colour and has very nice rims...... Cheers, Chris ps: I had nothing to do with May cruise personally, but I agree many Hobart owners seemed to vanish collectively overnight....ha ha.
  19. All good mate, in hindsight I probably got the 204 being "average" a little wrong. Ive driven a few BAs in my time and all felt around 200 mark, at leats enough to beat a VY/VZ SS which has very high 100 odd. Brian knows a million more times than I do and if average is 190 or so is the answer, ill accept that for sure. ps: Mind you, any new BAT owner that only ran 165/170rwkw was absolutely shafted.....but that's ancient history, ill leave the dinosaur topic alone now....ha ha.
  20. Sounds like money is no issue for you Aaron, got some spare cash for me matef so I can get over the line for a FG F6!! Not sure I agree with lowest K, I think the best condition/value/history regardless of mileage are the best buys....low K cars can be more troublesome than those used regularly. Just my 2 cents.
  21. I havent argued that a BA couldnt dyno 165rwkw... what I would argue that any fit and 100% BA should make more than that. It is irrelevant what BAs are dynoing if they are not new. Please explain then why a 240-250kw at fly car has only 165rwkw then Buf-Phoon considering a 20% loss is about average - im intrigued on why there is a 40% loss at drivetrain that applies just for the BA models (not BF discounting ZF). If you can substantiate that I am happy to stand corrected, otherwise you might be talking excrement......ha ha.
  22. Macca, maybe you forgot to list a tune also...... The previous discussion was based on untuned (as in aftermarket) cars.
  23. A BA turbo made 240-255kw at fly stock - they underquoted to ensure the XR8 had a higher figure. With 15-20% power loss to rwkw its 37-50 less = easily 195ish-210ish depending on the particular car. Heaps of guys have dynoed above 200 with a stock T, so maybe you need to put your hand on it to get back into reality........or maybe you cant find it. lol A Phoon can make above 225 - which makes sense considering its flywheel figure.
  24. Geez mate, dont jinx yourself........ha ha Not sure if "safe" and "skydiving" go together that well, but relatively speaking I see your point!
  25. No its not. John Bowe exhaust most likely did nothing (or hindered as many aftermarket do compared to stock....unless tuned for it) and intake would be lucky to give 2 or 3 rwkw. So the 204 firgure would be accurate so it means your Typhoon is especially high for its model for some reason!
×
×
  • Create New...