Jump to content

FIXR7

Member
  • Posts

    116
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FIXR7

  1. Got a rear pic without the top chopped off so we can see how close it gets to the guard lip?
  2. Or the same D1's in 20x8.5 +20 or +32 and 20x10 +32 or +42
  3. They'll just fall on there. Personally I'd go for at least 19's with that style of wheel. Because they're not a flat faced wheel they tend to look smaller than they are and FG's have huge wheel arches.
  4. cheers Pazzo, and what is the measured height and tyre sizes? Oh and what wheels are they?
  5. Onya Pazzo, How bout some details like offsets of the existing 8.5&11's and how low exactly is it? Cheers.
  6. Seems doubtful that a 10.5" +22 would fit the rear without rolling the lip because the rim will stick out 45mm more than the stock 8" wheel. The 9.5 will stick out another 33mm and be only 5mm closer to the front upright. It may work in that case...just?
  7. Could someone please explain ssl and sssl because if that's the case then mine must be ssssssssssl
  8. Plus it looks like an off-road vehicle.
  9. Yes this is what I noticed on my mates BF ute. His is not as low a mine yet he basically had no travel left with this kit.
  10. Cheers arronm, I had a rough measure and it seems it'll be right up flush with the guard up front and well into the lip area on the back. Seems to me like I'd have to roll the lips to use them? Or am I missing something? I realise the front will radius in as the suspension compresses and of course the rear will do similar because compression on both sides of the vehicle at the same exact time is certainly not probable?
  11. Looks like the 5mm inset won't be a problemo....My mistake it's actually 5mm further away so...even better!
  12. Thanks Lads, According to this; http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=45&diameter=19&wheelwidth=8&offset=36&width2=245&aspect2=45&diameter2=19&wheelwidth2=9&offset2=20#content The wheel will stick out 30.7mm further with the 9" +18 wheel and 33.1mm with the 9.5"+22 both with around 5mm further from the upright on the inside. 30mm out seems like a lot? no? Here you can see the lowness of it....
  13. G'day folks, I'm looking at some Enkei GTC-01's in 19". Trouble is they only have 9.5" +22 and +42 in stock or 9" +18 for the front of the car. The 8.5" +22 is out of stock. Now my ute is quite low. Should I wait till there's an 8.5" in stock or go with one of the others? maybe the +42 and space accordingly? Also is a 10" +22 pushing my luck for the rear without rolling the lip? Cheers.
  14. What offset are those 20x10"s?
  15. I bought a new GS ute last year and it had axle tramp problems from the word go. Very soon after I lowered it(alot)and the axle tramp remained as bad as it was. Bilstein took back the rear shocks and revalved them which helped initially but soon enough it was almost but not quite as bad as before. After tuning we ended up with 388kw and the axle tramp remains except for now but that's because the tyres are almost devoid of tread. I've seen caltracs and the Malwood job. I don't like the underside mounting of the Caltracs type and the Malwood type doesn't give enough clearance(It'll be sitting directly on top of the bump stops) for lowered vehicles. A Carbon Art job would be good but I'm sceptical about the durability of the rose jointed rod ends, The Mac Bros job is a weld in job so that counts it out for me. So the 10mm leaf sounds interesting or maybe a different design of tramp bar. I've got some LTD(twice as long as the XC type) bars that worked wonders on my XE ute but mounting is likely to require welding somewhere. It's also been said that the tailshaft and CV's themselves make matters worse in the axle tramp regard?
  16. FIXR7

    Your Gs Mods

    Ok Vixen, I'm sorry but it did sound to me like you were being offensive. I didn't want to drag this on but, you could've also explained yourself better earlier than this. So we'll get back on topic. The Billies are excellent. On rougher roads they are much better than stock shocks, especially when the car is this low. There's a noticeable run in time with these and they actually feel quite harsh(like you can feel every grain of sand) when new. After a 1000 odd km they are much smoother than anything else with a car this low. Nothing responds as fast as these yet damps so well. For example my next choice would be Koni but I'd use their oil ones not the gas ones because I find them too harsh. The revalved rear ones helped enormously with axle hop but there's still more work to be done there. I've got them on 3 cars and couldn't be happier with the results. Regards and apologies once again, Pete.
  17. FIXR7

    Your Gs Mods

    My honest reply is...you're a f*ckwit. Lets ask some other readers shall we? What do you guy's think of this? To me, this post makes the assumption is that I might not tell it like it is.
  18. FIXR7

    Your Gs Mods

    No wuckers, As I said, It's 3". You're not likely to gain anything from the cats as the stock ones are already very good.
  19. FIXR7

    Your Gs Mods

    I wasn't generalizing and I find your assumption that I might not tell it like it is when I already have, offensive! Otherwise why would you ask me not to bullsh*t? You want to start again?
  20. FIXR7

    Your Gs Mods

    Cheers Jet, I think it sounds better than it did with the tailpipe removed. Sound is of course a personal choice. I had an x-force twin 2.5" job on my BA Pursuit and I thought it sounded better when I first put it on but, after it burned in I didn't like it so much. This time it seems to sound better and better. It actually reminds me of the Bullit mustang in some ways. It has a fair amount of crackle on downshift. I could send you a video from the interior but they don't usually do it justice unless you play it through a big hi-fi setup.
  21. FIXR7

    Your Gs Mods

    Yeah and so far I've been dishonest and biased.
  22. FIXR7

    Your Gs Mods

    Heat exchanger will be aftermarket. I'll stick pics up when I get to it.
  23. FIXR7

    Your Gs Mods

    Sure is xhxr! I'll be welding tanks on the stock core and using GT500 cooler parts. It should be clean Lennox...it's only done 8k.
  24. FIXR7

    Your Gs Mods

    Finally did sommet about exhaust! Got an X-force 3" twin. Before this I tried unbolting the rear section and it did indeed, sound very good but, it was too loud. The X-force system was a bolt on job and took me 40 mins on a hoist. The cat pipes needed loosening from the headers to allow the X-pipe section to fit because they were about 15mm out of alignment which you have to reasonably expect when dealing with exhausts. Other than this it fitted very well and actually has better ground clearance from the front mufflers than stock. Although the X-section has slightly less clearance but it's a bees' dick. Now the sound. It could be construed as being too loud by over zealous f*cks but not at every rpm or load. I think it's just right in terms of volume and the sound is nothing short of amazing! It's got that cross between a competition rumble and an exotic like a GT40. It's addictive to the point that I can't stop driving it, even if it's just up to the shops(don't worry I don't park it in the carpark) Performance wise, it's definitely got more in it but it's probably lost a smidge of torque off idle which, is ok. I went to pass a slow arse(55 in an 70 zone) this morning on the way to work and ended up looking through their side window over my bonnet:) I eased back and straightened up and it was like slingshot outta there:) Maybe I shoulda used 3rd instead of 2nd? Here's the stocky... X-force stuff....
  25. They are a nice wheel. These are my favourite Ford wheel and I really liked this car too. Shame it was killed by a f*ckwit running into it. They have that carved out of solid look. Which btw is ruined on the 40th anniversary version where they painted it black between the spokes
×
×
  • Create New...