Jump to content

KAL_SPL

Member
  • Posts

    144
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KAL_SPL

  1. Happy Birthday KAL_SPL!

  2. Ended up hooking line converter up straight to sub wires output from factory amp and its thus far worked flawlessly for a week , unsure what the amps output is from factory but seems my line converter is handling it ok.
  3. Was pretty sick if Im honest , not a Ford fan but credit where credits due.
  4. Yeah that doesnt help youre right , the plug in the rear has an orange sheath with white and orange wire and a black sheath with yellow and brown wire. Guess I just hook them up see what happens , hope I get the phase right
  5. Dont suppose you have the colours handy , they are different to the old blues and pinks they have been since day 1.
  6. that's what Im doing mate but I want to use the 2 pairs of wires coming into factory amp that is no longer needed , the pairs have an orange and black plastic sheath over them , just wanted to comfirm these are left and right , surely someone has a pin out for the plug in the amp ?
  7. Got couple of vids of your 400m powerskid if youre interested.
  8. Fitting an aftermarket amp and subs to FG XR6 for customer , can anyone give me the line input colours for the factory amp , theres 2 pairs of wires and unsure if they are left and right or what ever , did a search but nothing has come up about the actual colours of wires needed.
  9. You will have fun trying to put your seat belt on when the buckle is on the same side as the belt ... The cushions them selves could probably be removed and swapped over I suspect.
  10. As cautious as I was to do it I was still sceptical there would be no issues , but Im proud to say everything works 100% and I drove the ute 600km to Perth and it functioned as per factory. It is deffintaely not an easy task but if I can do it then I dont see why anyone else cant with a bit of initiative.
  11. Not that I have actually looked at 1 but Im assuming they will be 2 blues and 2 pinks. If those 4 wires are there then they should be it.
  12. Without going into extensive detail , its possible to fit double DIN in the same way I have done this 1 , the main problem will be if its a sedan you wont have the space where the airbag is so Im not sure what else you could do. Everything in this is still functional and nothing interferes with the dash or normal panel locations , it depends what your willing to sacrifice in way of destroyed panels and the fitters ability to hide modeules/modify wiring harnesses. Glad you like the skids not bad for a v6 commy with a clubsport kit ay haha
  13. But theres only 5 pieces painted ? Granted there is also a few pieces trimmed red but imo its better than doing the complete interior red. Even factory cars are coming out with coloured highlights in the interiors now. Black would have looked classier yes but this is pretty much now a demo car and photos will be taken , history has shown me that black doesnt photograph well
  14. Thanks guys , Im pretty happy with it so far , be nice to get it on a meter to see what its capable of. Those subs will handle 10 times what they can potentially get now , the box seems very efficient and to be honest most of it was guess work considering the limited space. The owner has removed the 1" lowering blocks and it now sits 5mm lower than what it did when it came in , it still drives very nice and the wieght hasnt seemed to effect anything. The 600km trip to Perth will be interesting though.
  15. Walk around video , dont think my mic likes me :( It was only on 10 where volume is set to 35 , sub level was on -15 where its potential is at 0 , normal driving and listening is around -20 to clear up just how much bass this actually makes !
  16. It was the owners call to leave it black , I was in 2 minds about it but what made the decision for me was the fact you dont want a red pod you can see through the front window that kind of looks like a beacon ... 140 is going to be easy which in itself is awsome but your right when you have 2 15s and a small cab it isnt that hard But I want 150 ... that's 'almost' impossible and as far as Im aware hasnt been done ! Im going to do a vid tomorrow once its all detailed and looking mint
  17. Wanted to do something very unique with an impossibly simple area , very limited options when trying to fit 2 15s in there Batteries have been on charge ALL day and Fug me its twice as loud , this thing is gonna pull some decent numbers !
  18. By red interior you mean a few painted pieces and some trimmed bits ?? Should we have left it all boring grey like all the other Fords or gone with a different colour ?
  19. Haha nfi at the moment , closest meter is 600km away. Educated guess is close to 145 , how ever it sounds closer to 150 by ear , different spots in the car have different pressure. Will find out at Powercruise unless I get a meter before hand.
  20. Nope just rewired them to a 4ohm load instead of 1 , the amp is only rated down to 2 ohm hence why it was cutting out. @ 4ohm it still makes 1000rms and let me tell you theres still ample power to make it run perfectly for our application , the plus side is that current draw is ALOW lower so batteries last longer which given the intended use is the base scenario The subs in the cab are dual 1.5s so I was a bit worried bout getting enough power before it cut out but given the 20mm flex on the windscreen with flat batteries I would say its not a concern. If we do get good numbers as it is now I will swap the amp for my D3 just to use for an SPL comp , that's capable of 3000rms @ 0.25ohm. If that's still not enough I will add the 2nd D3 see if I cant crack the windscreen
  21. All finished , bloody loud to , the best part is everything works and sh*t , cant be happier
  22. All polished up , box is now covered and ports fitted , just need to weld it all together and slide it in then box can go back in for the final time ! Top panel will be black suade aswell which will be covered when Im happy with the port fitment , atm its not quite 100% on what I want it , the machining is slightly out from what I should have given him measurements for :(
  23. Mates car I did.
  24. More polishing , will have completed this weekend and running.
  25. Had the pleasure of fitting a phone kit to 1 of these , IMO interior not built the best but its expected from American cars I guess.
×
×
  • Create New...