-
Posts
144 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by KAL_SPL
-
that's the general idea yup Some people have suggested strategic placed cameras but I said there was no room left ... Unless your in Kal you prob wont see it , if you attend a show in Perth you prob will. The hard cover locks down , stops 100% of water getting in , barely driven as it is so unless it rains when hes in Perth theres no risk anyway. Its not a daily driver
-
Tray is now 95% complete , just needs the 2nd cushion trimmed and struts mounted. Floor came up sweet and the cushions look good and are quite comfortable ... Still waiting on the DVD head unit and inverter to get the picture going. Now its onto the cab , half way yay ...
-
The subs are dual 2s , each is seriesed then all 4 parralelled to make a 1ohm load , originally we were going to use a D3 earthquake which is good for over 3000rms @ 1/4ohm or 2000rms @ 1ohm but we kind of acquired this Pioneer mono which is only rated down to 2ohm & 1500rms. Have already found the limits and its dropping out at high volume , we will have to change all 4 subs over to dual 4s at some stage. Im going to rewire the subs to 4ohm load and see if its enough to run sufficiently. To run the DDs at comps Im going to need more power than 1500rms so still not decided what to do there. Might just swap the monos over if theres an SPL comp on , the DDs are dual 1.5s , D3 burps @ .375 ohm oh yeah baby ! 350amp+ current draw
-
Thanks mate appreciate it Its overkill yes but when you consider this is being built as promotional vehicle for my business and it has literally cost us next to nothing (gear included) its about the biggest business card you can get The floor piece has been cut and will be powder coated tomorrow , more trim has been ordered and by the end of the weekend I should have the tray almost complete. Had a few construction issues with the facia but its back on track now.
-
Box and floor trimmed , subs wired in and all running , just waiting on 2 more batteries and the inverter , still have to get plate made for floor and trim panels for top and back of the box , we ran out of red suade
-
Colour
-
That will plug in and hide away mate , can run what ever we want but not sure it will ever get used.
-
Thanks guys , got a few quiet days so should get the bulk of it done and going !!
-
Amp cover made , slowly but surely panels are coming together , cant wait to see some colour !
-
that's a neat looking engine bay huh , I like it
-
Theres a slim chance the main unit may not be needed at all but until I get some power back in the ute I wont know for sure. Still a bit hit and miss Im afraid. If Im correct then to do what I have done requires you to cut and extend 44 wires. If I wrong then I wouldnt suggest trying what I have done.
-
The photo I posted has the 2 components that are in your red outlined box. that's all that is left of the facia other than the dials. Just give till the end of next week and I can comfirm if my suspicions are correct , dont want to get you excited just yet To get the ICC plug out you will either have to remove the entire dash or cut some of the metal away to get it out , we did the latter as its never going back in there.
-
You mean these bits
-
Because there the best subs money can buy would be my guess
-
Subs and 4 channel amps turned up today We got the seats back so the box for the cab has started , theres a pic of 1 of the subs to give you an idea of there size
-
Arrrt that would be a NO officer , have not mentioned any business names or trying to sell anything have I ? Trust me I need no more work than I have and Im pretty sure no ones gonna drive to the middle of the desert to get work done ( would the you guys fords even make it this far ) If I break a rule please let me know , Im not here to upset any management , its the small fish I like to catch and throw back. EDIT : doh shot myself in the foot I mentioned the old box , I did say have , the buy part was purely to pay frieght. We have no use for it and it wasnt a direct attempt to make money for myself. Granted this ute will be used for promo work but Im not about to try and find any grey areas to make money , I havnt and never will directly try make money from forums , Im a car enthusiast before business man , probably why Im driving a Expensive Daewoo and a Niki
-
Shhh dont spoil my fun ! Im fishing here man and your making waves ... Tray will be all red suade mate and should look a treat without being over the top (if that's possible when you do a tray install) The sub box at the box is our bench seat for the weekend. Better not bloody rain :(
-
Stock turbo , stock cam , stock heads ? that's impressive I dont follow this scene so genuinely I have NFI ... I just know mines qik enough EDIT : man you guys emoticons are all over the show
-
So you have unopened turbo 6s running 9s , fark me Im wayyyyy out of my league here
-
You suggest what time I need to run to have any credability here and I will supply proof if I meet the criteria , then that will be the end of it
-
Just to clarify a small point , this tray system is primarily being built for Power cruise because the brai dead idiots who choose the dates have Perth leg on Bathurst weekend ! We have to drive 600km to the show we are bloody camping there and watching Bathurst damn it and they cant stop us !!! (end rant) The ute is hardly driven and henerally used for displays and shows so its clearly not a daily driver set up. I do installation as my own business and the gear for this has been paid for by bartering and deals , not just someone with to much money. Its a built by passion not a cheque book.
-
Me ?? They started it ! :punchhead: Nah mate its a bit more than 160 , its good enough to be 1 of the quickest unopened factory fitted supercharged V6s in the country , lets just leave it at that cause I know theres more than a few cars here that will hand my arse to me But that's not what my car is about , its a daily driver and I live 600km from a drag strip :(
-
Yup mines a V6 , no kit though , sorry to dissapoint Little bit more than 157kw and probably qik enuff to scare the majority of XRsux turbos Oh and dont worry you cant offend me , for 1 this is on the wrong side of the fence so got no back up here. Im all growd up now I can defend myself
-
Least im a fast Expensive Daewoo owner
-
Between QLD and WA , we to laid back to be concerned about a week here and there ....
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.