Jump to content

Ricky N

Member
  • Posts

    93
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ricky N

  1. There is a bolt on .70 A/R comp cover kit for $550 It comes with a .70 A/R cover that has the same bolt spacing as the factory comp cover. It does not require the ring. It also has a stainless wastegate bracket that looks similar to the factory bracket but fits around bigger comp cover. You can also get it with the 4" inlet or the standard inlet.
  2. Any turbo shop should be able to get you a .70 A/R comp cover. You’re going to need to make a new or modify the factory wastegate bracket to fit the .70 A/R cover. The .70 A/R scroll is too big for the factory bracket to fit around and the bolts are spaced differently to the .50 A/R cover.
  3. What are balancing? Only the rotating parts need to be balanced. Comp cover goes over the top of the compressor wheel. It’s not a moving part.
  4. The GT35R, GT3540R and GT3582R are all the same turbo and are all correct terms. Garrett has called the same turbo different names over time. They like to confuse. GT35R is what it was originally called. It was called GT35R because that’s what it is. R means ball bearing. This was confusing at the beginning as the turbine and compressor It has are different to the GT35 non ball bearing turbo. Then it was called GT3540R. GT being the series of the turbo, 35 the turbine, 40 representing the compressor as they use a GT40 series compressor wheel, and R telling you it is ball bearing. Now they call it GT3582R. GT being the series of the turbo, 35 the turbine, 82 representing the major size of the compressor wheel, and R telling you it is ball bearing. They are all the correct term because at some stage Garrett has called them one of these names. Bolt on turbo upgrade options would only be hiflows at the moment. GT35R with T04Z/T04R 66.7mm inducer, 84m major compressor wheel.
  5. The FG turbo is a nasty peace of gear. The compressor wheel is a T04B/T04S compressor wheel. In its full trim it is known as a T04B 60-1. In the smaller trims it's known as a T04S compressor wheel. I haven't taken the verniers to the inducer size but of the eye it looks to be a 48 trim. Which is the same comp wheel as the Garrett GT2540R. The HKS GT2540R has a 46 trim comp wheel. I do not know why Garrett Australia made this turbo. Maybe they had lots of the GT35R turbine's and T04S comp wheel's in stock and took the opportunity to unload them. There are so many better options they could have taken and achieved better results. I.e. they could have used a smaller trim version of the GT35R compressor wheel and retained the GT35R turbine, They could of used a GT3076R. The GT3076R would spool up heaps quicker and make more power than the FG Turbocharger. Best bolt on upgrade options would be to get a BA, BF turbo or to have you FG turbo hiflowed. Current FG hiflow options would be a GT3540R compressor wheel, 61mm inducer, 82mm major, 56 trim. This would make it the same as a standard BA, BF turbocharger. Going to the .70 A/R comp cover would be a good upgrade at the same time. Or you could go to the T04Z/T04R compressor wheel, 66.7mm inducer, 84mm major, 63 trim. Again the .70 A/R comp cover would be a good idea. Also recommend porting and maybe a bigger wastegate flap. The porting is important. It's not just the size of the valve. The angle the exhaust gases come to the flap can be greatly improved with good wastegate porting.
  6. A GT45 and T51R are two different turbo's. The T51R uses an old school TA51 turbine. The GT45 has a GT45 Turbine. They also have different housings. Be sure to order the correct turbo you are after.
  7. Give you guys a bit of inside info on the new apparently awesome turbo on the FG. HAHAHAhahah. The new turbo is actually an older turbo. It is the same GT35R turbine as used in the earlier model BA & BF's but has a dirty old T04B compressor wheel. It is a cut down or smaller trim version of the 60-1 compressor. Very similar if not the same compressor as the GT2540R. Same casting will have to check the trim. Why Garrett Australia did this who knows??? Maybe they had heaps of that model compressor wheels sitting around and thought it was a good chance to unload them. In all honesty you would be better of putting a GT3076R on cars with this turbo. It will boost up worlds faster and make more power than the factory Donkey FG turbo. Eeyore! FG turbocharger gets the big thumbs down. Peace of crap. If you have one put a BA, BF turbo on your car or get your turbo Hiflowed.
  8. Yeah auto it is. Wife has to be able to drive it. Other wise I would be in the market for R34 GTR.
  9. I'm leaning more and more towards the XR6T. For me and what I want to do I am having a hard time justifying the extra cost of a Typhoon. There is a few 2005 BF Phoon's kicking around for $30G to $33G but all with 75000kms to 100000+kms on the clock. I have found a few 2007 XR6T's with max 64000kms for around the $20G mark. Right now the debate for me is, let’s say Big Al's 2005 Typhoon at 33G with 75000k's vs This 2007 XR6T I have my eye one with 59000k's for $21500. In my situation I'm starting to think, is the Typhoon name, body kit and wheels worth $11500? Straight of the bat I will be doing the Intercooler, Pipes, Battery, Custom air box, custom factory position exhaust manifold, dump pipe, exhaust, injectors, flash tuner, Fuel system and custom plenum. Then Custom hiflow turbo. Then bigger custom hiflow turbo. Then custom split pulse manifold Then Bigger turbo again, engine including rods, pistons and head. All the way hoping the gear box doesn’t end up in a million bits.
  10. Leaning towards the XR6 T Finding some for very reasonable dollars. 12 to 15 G cheaper than same year and K’s Typhoon.
  11. What does the Typhoon have that the XR6 does not Wheels, I can by wheels COST ABOUT $2000 FOR OEM TYPHOON WHEELS. that's not so bad. Plus I can get what ever wheels I want. Body Kit, I do like the factory Typhoon kit. TO BUY THE OEM KIT WOULD BE OVER $5K FOR SECOND HAND, OR ABOUT $2K FOR A FIBREGLASS COPY. Yeah this is true and the factory kit is tasteful not over the top. But if I get a XR6 I probably won’t put a kit on it. And if I ever did it would be a custom kit. Mock ups aren't really my style. Brakes, this is an expensive one for the XR6. YEP BREMBOS START AT ABOUT $2.5K Trim, I really like the leather trim but don't know if I can afford that option. Re-trim for the XR6 is not that dear. LEATHER IS AN OPTION ON ALL BUT THE LATER BF2's Tune, I'm going to re-tune it anyway THE BASE OF THE TYPHOON WILL RESPOND BETTER TO A TUNE ONLY. Here’s the thing. I will be modifying and/or replacing pretty much everything. Turbo, manifold, plenum, exhaust, ect ect. Rods & Valve train. In my position these are not that big of an expense and If I do them to an XR6 I'm going to put in better items than the Typhoon. THE MOTORS ARE THE SAME IN THE BF ONWARDS. Cheers, didn't k now that. Prestige of a FPV, Never going to have that with an XR6. THIS IS THE MAIN ADVANTAGE. THE FPV IS THE COMPLETE PACKAGE AND ORIGIONLA, NOT A COPY. Are the Typhoon's built better? I THINK THEY MUST DO SOME TYPE OF QUALITY CONTROL AT FPV, THAT JUST MAKES THEM FEEL BETTER. Thanks for your input.
  12. FG turbo is on the cards as well. Around the same money as the BF Typhoon.
  13. A mate just bought a brand new VE SS for 40K on road.
  14. Having trouble deciding to buy a BF XR6 T ZF auto or BF Typhoon Auto. There is about 8 to 10 G difference between the two. Is the Typhoon that much better? Or would I be better of getting a XR6 and spending 8 to 10 G on it. What does the Typhoon have that the XR6 does not? Wheels, I can by wheels Body Kit, I do like the factory Typhoon kit. Brakes, this is an expensive one for the XR6. Trim, I really like the leather trim but don't know if I can afford that option. Re-trim for the XR6 is not that dear. Tune, I'm going to re-tune it anyway Rods & Valve train. In my position these are not that big of an expense and If I do them to an XR6 I'm going to put in better items than the Typhoon. Prestige of a FPV, Never going to have that with an XR6. Are the Typhoon's built better? Pros / cons?
  15. If you wanted to go bigger than a T04Z but smaller than a GT4202 or T51R maybe this is the turbo for you Turbocharger
  16. Good chance it will be a Chinese journal bush bearing T04R. Same wheel specs as a T04Z but Chinese and non ball bearing
  17. Hiflowing a turbo usually means you are putting a bigger compressor wheel and/or turbine in the standard turbo housings. The only hiflow for the XR6's I know of that turbo shops are doing is the T04Z comp wheel onto the factory GT35R turbine. Machining standard comp cover to suit.
  18. Yeah, MR Turbo on the Gold Coast do the porting and the bigger valve. When they port the valve they don't just make the whole bigger. They change the angle the gases come into the valve for better flow.
×
×
  • Create New...