Jump to content

BF_F6Shockwave

Member
  • Posts

    444
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BF_F6Shockwave

  1. and on a side note I got this pic today from a friend in brisvegas who was rear ended by an SS dunnydore ute .. check the lil tumprt poking out from under the bonnet .. it wasnt stock LOL
  2. mate breaking something is all part of the fun LOL just ask Mitch
  3. whats up with that ?? come on mate LOL so who else from up here is gonna enter?
  4. thanks to an untimely pucture then my tyre basically disintergrating a sidewall in less than a km of driving (I'll post a pic soon) I now need two new tyres 245 19 .. cant afford to get the dunlops again as they are over $500 each .. cash is tight at the mo so im looking for a cheap option anyone had any sucess finding cheap 19's lately?
  5. mate I would love too but I have my kids this weekend
  6. what up ladies & gentlemen (and Mitch & Ryan LOL) so who is goin down for the Sydney Jambo (renamed compak attak) ?? I've been watchin the video footage from last year and its got me so f#*kin amped up to get back there again this year... I tried to upload the DVD I made from last year but it wouldnt work LOL and its cool too LOL .. well anyways I'm lookin at trailerin my car down this year as I need to go hard to back up last years results and I'll either go good or bust the rear end outa my beast LOL .. so anyways who's in ??
  7. Gunnedah racing is on again in march.. who's keen March Competitor Information.pdf
  8. yeah your right mate I need a bit more practice. the mph was 112 but as I mentioned earlier I was backing off and touched the brakes as I got to the line so I wouldnt break out on my 12.6 dial in time.. I'm lookin forward to making some good improvements on my times this year,, just need more practice
  9. I am far from an expert but have had some success in a manual. the way I do it is as follows and it works for me: - as mentioned by all the other guys everything off T/C etc. - bring the revs up a bit before the burnout & make sure oil prressure is good and depending on the timeframe between runs I dont go silly in the burnout (I.e first few runs have a bigger burnout than the later runs when the tyres are good and warm) - stage up and bring the revs up to about 4000-4500 depending on how the track is - as the third orange light comes on I start to let the clutch out and feed it some more throttle, I dont straight dump the clutch but more like a quick slip to get it off the line but still try to minimise wheel spin, my best 60ft so far is 1.8s. - at the moment im still shifting on the audible shift points in the car (programable shift light coming this year) - and basically hang on and enjoy the ride - my quickest so far is a 12.605 but that was backing off and braking accross the line as it was on a 12.6 dial in. - im hoping with a bit more practise to get into the low 12's - A couple of Vids from last year at Compak Attak below, if any one has any advice for me feel free to throw it out as im keen to get back down there for some runs again soon and improve my times
  10. damn nearly 2 weeks with out a post ?? its way too quiet in here LOL whats been goin on??
  11. so how was the singo show? anyone know what (& how much power) took out the 6cyl boosted class in the dyno comp. I was spewin I couldnt make it but I was crook all weekend, still am now, got one of those f*cked up summer colds..
  12. what a top day.. spewin im not goin on the cruise now.. I was goin to come to the BP and say G'day but unforetunatly I was a lil under the weather this morning .. have a top day take plenty of pics
  13. dude your at the texas ranch LOL that's just up the road from here ..im pretty f*cked up at the mo too
  14. what time r u guys meeting there ?? im out for the cruise (bad weekend 4 me with the kids and between revfest & the singo show) but I might come out to bero and say g'day LOL
  15. LOL love yo work ryan.. it always seems so much funnier when u r pissed
  16. yeah your right mate it is good that they are tryin to get a good event going locally here .. kinda wish I had of stayed for the skids now ... well anyways theres always next time. posted a small video earlier showing some of the racing, the whole video is just over an hour if anyone wants a copy just let me know. still not a bad day I guess but im still hanging to do some more racing .. bring on Compak Attak 2011
  17. http://www.youtube.com/user/shockwavef6?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/MaK02j0AKYA
  18. oh and I have about an hour of footage of the racing I'll try and trim down some of it and post it up later today
  19. Wow what a dissapointment that event was after such a prolonged buildup. As soon as we arrived I was worried as the layout just looked all wrong and extremely disorganised. we got there early and there was still a masive line up and the officials directing the flow didnt know sh*t. I had pre entred and paid and the douche security guard told me I still had to line up. then I saw a few people going straight in and thought f*ck this im goin in and they had the tickets there waiting at the gate, straight in .. I talked to the guys at scruiteneering and they told me the racing was going to be full ANDRA spec 1/8th mile racing ( which I have done heaps at gunnedah) and that crap was no way near what an ANDRA spec 1/8th mile race was supposed to be. I cant beleieve we had to be a ANDRA licence for that, the track was only about 100mts long braking area was way too short and all the rest it was woefull. anyways I got done on my first run as I underestimated how slippery the track was and I messed up a gear change LOL oops. I was looking forward to the power skids but soon discovered the 16" rims will NOT fit on the back of my car so I was over it by then and decided to pull the pin (thx for the offer of your spare rims too mitch but I was over it by then). managed to get out without getting hassled by the police as we went a back way via branxton back home. Anyways that my rant over, I hope if they decide to continue this event or plan any other big events in the hunter that they do a much better job next time. How'd everyone else far with the cops when u were leaving? Good to catch up with eveyone again too and u guys that were short of water u should come over and seen us in the pits we had a 20L ice water dispenser there.
  20. I got some video footage of everyone ill post it up soon
  21. that's cool mate ended up getting a pair of 16 inch stockies for $25 each
  22. so bad .. im drunk now and have to detail the phoon tmoz with a hangover LOL .. so is it a 10am meet at josh's on sunday??
  23. so what time are we meeting up on sunday ?
  24. cmon its only a lil powerskid only 100 metres, its not like the burnout comp LOL
  25. who wants to lend me a pair of stokies for the powerskids??
×
×
  • Create New...