Jump to content

BF_F6Shockwave

Member
  • Posts

    444
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BF_F6Shockwave

  1. go the FPV .... LOL
  2. dont worry about the traction contrl mate it will make for a slower time
  3. cant wait for sunday !!! I've been keeping an eye on the weather and at the moment they are predicting 18-31 degress and only a 10% chance of <1mm of rain. car went into ford for its final service under new car warranty and came through with flying colors, diff is still nice and tight (which suprised me LOL) the only things they had to fix were to replace a piece of trim on the door & fix a rocker cover gasket leak (which I caused when I put the polished cover on last week ) fingers crossed the car will still be in the same condition after sunday LOL
  4. All good, the more the merrier. on a side note just checked now that pre entries have closed and there are 37 cars in the street compact division and only 5 turbo falcons. should be a good day.
  5. no dramas at all mate
  6. those two runs are 8.3s @ 142km & 8.4s @ 141km not 8.8s ??.... the gunnedah track is not a full time race track, its a regional airstrip so it has not been prepped at all and its quite slippery.
  7. dont know mate, doubt very highly they mean the factory one
  8. a couple of videos of my races in gunnedah in the link below My link
  9. A couple of vids from me racing a Gunnedah last weekend, ended up taking home the winners trophy in group B this time round.
  10. can we stretch it to meeting at the BP/Hungry Jacks at Bero at 5.15am??? after talkting to Justin today he advised getting down there as early as we can cause the street cars will need to go through scruitineering and be ready to run our first qualifyers at 8.30am
  11. Well I've survived Gunnedah week of speed LOL the car is still good and running as strong as ever, new PB for this track of 8.33 @ 142 (1/8th Mile slippery airstrip track) so Im stocked, got two runner up trophies last year in D then C group. With me new lower times I was pushed up to group B of which I was the only registered car, all were trailered drag cars. through a little bit of skill and alot of luck (two opponents had red lights) I managed to take out the final, I'm so stoked, I cant believe I won against such a quality field of cars. So hopefully now this means I have learnt how to drive the car properly... I cant wait for next sunday now I'll post up some videos when I get home tomorrow.
  12. yeah.. who needs sleep anyways .. jumbo can of red bull for brekky LOL
  13. So Mitch you gonna try and crack a 10 sec pass this time round??
  14. yeah im cool to leave a bit earlier
  15. After a few little dramas I swapped out the standard F6 Blue rocker cover for a polished cover, I also color matched the rocker cover garnish, the brake boosted cover, the fuse cover & the power steering overflow in shockwave blue. Also have a polished thermostat cover, ECU cover & overflow tank. I'm happy with how it turned out (it just needs a good polish and clean now LOL) see below for before & after pics.
  16. Thanks for the help guys it was actually fouling on the throttle body didnt realise it had to come off too.. all good now. the coil sleeve came out ok after I got the cover off
  17. Hi Guys any help on this would ge greatly appreciated I am in the process of changing out my rocker cover for a polished one and I cant get the existing one off, all bolts are out and its loose, I can move it about 5-8mm back & forward & about 3-5mm up and down but it wont come off, is there a special trick to it???? I also have dramas with the sleeve between the No 1 coil & the spark plug as the coil came out without the sleeve and I cant get it out, I dont think it is what is stopping the cover from coming off as when I had the cover raised a few mm I was able to push the sleeve down therough the hole in the cover a bit and it looks like it will slide through.
  18. cool I'm lookin forward to it cool mate I'll be lookin to you for some advice on how to get the best time outa my manual LOL yeah I know mate but I'll be takin it easy at Gunnedah
  19. went my local autopro to get a thermostat gasket today but they told me that the thermostat only has an O ring and should be ok to use again ?? is this right??
  20. thanks for the help guys and yeah I'll throw some pics up once its done
  21. Hi all, I bought a polished rocker cover and thermostat housing off here recently and I am planning on changing them over tomorrow, will the existing gaskets on the car be right to use again of should I shoot down & buy some new ones in the morning??
  22. I checked that before entering & you not need one for the street compact class unless you run quicker than 12 secs and yeah $149 on the day if that happens
  23. Im racing in Gunnedah (1/8th Mile) the weekend before as well so its gonna be a busy couple of weekends of racing, hopefully the car comes out the other end in one piece LOL
  24. cool mate, and yeah we can travel down together,hopefully there will be a few others coming down too, they also allocate pit bays so you should email the guys organising the day and see if you can get a pit bay near me.
  25. dunno mate my guess would me mid to low 13's maybe better, but that's what u use the qualifying runs for, to work out a suitable dial in time
×
×
  • Create New...