Jump to content

TUR-BO6

Member
  • Posts

    146
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TUR-BO6

  1. this is true, have seen the rtv gaurds and think they are way too small...we cant let the ve commy's have all the fun!!! any help??? anyone???
  2. the diff is a kaaz 2way centre with 3.9:1's the auto is a max strengthened 4spd so ive done the driveline in case I do make good power. the inj's v/springs&cooler as mentioned before and I should be finished changing stuff and be ready for a tune.ill talk wastegate etc over with some people in the mean time, my thoughts to date are 42lb inj's, bf phoon springs, plasmaman drivers side piping front mount.I was going to go water to air but the dollars were too high,I think I can spend less and do less to get to 300rwkw,the flapper/actuator etc...im stuck on,open up the whole 50mm flapper and bump up the actuator...or go for broke and scrap it all and go external gate...im undecided yet...I know however that im heading towards battery and aibox side swap this weekend and then just do as I have been, spend many many hours looking at all the write ups on here of the things im going to do and what way it is that ill be going with each mod. my fingers are crossed!!!
  3. it really is good fun , and not that hard to use .my girlfriend ...not calling women poor drivers but as an example can drive it easily.we actually recently drove it to queensland from the vic boarder sharing the entire trip .her xr6t is stock at the moment with my bottomless ait filter box and k&n filter for a little induction noise for the mean time. but in terms of this topic its quite funny to look back over it and think in terms of my car ...t/c doesnt work anymore ...it rather hates my decision to change the diff and in turn hates the diff subsequently.
  4. well I looked at what others have and I want a safe tune not max power id suppose id like around 280 to 300rwkw I am on the border just up from melbourne. sh*t weather at the moment...
  5. so in theory we really do make a thump on the torque scale of things...is this up there in comparison with the gen 3 wankers etc... that I have to deal with weekly...? anyone take a guess at rough figures mine would be getting.undynoed at current, any questions most definately answered I would love to know a rough ball park figure, dont need exacts, just interested, once injectors cooler v/springs done itll be on to the dyno for a good tune...thinking rajab or blue power maybe nizpro but im off to talk to the rajab boys in june...
  6. any thoughts on a big battery setup? I have a boot install that likes volts...quite a few of them because I broke my capacitor and now am running a bond battery which is a touch bigger than the factory.so I need to go with a big tray, maybe a simple after market tray on the passenger side for the battery an extension kit for the wiring over the radiator or similar and just leave the original tray as is and make a box around it?I could attatch the box to the old tray...I know the kits your speaking of but I was thinking I could get the materials required to make them myself,I could make them off the pics ive seen but I was wondering what oppinions anyone else has on the topic.
  7. this bit was made a long time ago but I have only just come across it now being a relatively new user on here but I thought id put a slight confuser on the topic,I had my auto toughened and shifts made more aggressive, I also replaced my minced standard diff with a kaaz 2 way mechanical locking centre and 3.9:1 ratios so traction MUST be off, no questions, ba mk1, you turn a corner at even a 1/4 throttle and the diff begins to lock, the traction gives around 5 flashes of the light then grabs its hat and coat and f**ks off... no choice-off or turns itself off.
  8. thanks guys, anyone know what sort of dollars will be needed to have the battery moved and a pipe/pod and box made in its place?
  9. damn that sounds like it would be a fun ride! congrats man,sounds like a weapon!!!
  10. yeah go for it I as an example dont know any figures on my cars power or toque side of things so id love to know what they do so I can do something other than look at people with a stupid face when they say buy a v8 ya girl.
  11. Hi all, I'm starting this thread so as people can put in their power mods done to their Ts and the torque revealed after tuning so newbies like myself can guage what combos work best for them. as before we dont need suspension, painted brake calipers etc! Just a list of mods done to make power and the what torque has been supplied there after. Please be detailed enough without writing an essay. (This worked out well for xr_velocity so if it aint broke dont mess with it I guess... I have copied in the a table from the power page for your use to save yas some time. Car: BA mk1 Trans: 4 speed auto Boost: 10psi Induction: K&N Filter with air box base cut out, C.A.P.A. flash tuner. Turbo: Stock Valve Springs: Stock Exhaust: 3.5 to 4 inch dump pipe with 2 inch wastegate pipe plumbed in 200cpsi cat removed rear muffler. Fuel system: stock Torque: ???Nm / ???ftLbs...
  12. the alpine type r is a good way to upgrade your factory speaker .what sort of sound are you going for...?what sort of music do you most commonly find yourself listening to and most importantly are you heading towards a boot install at any stage be it a single sub or a boot full of them...? there are a good range speakers to fit your needs in the higher range of most brands, to name a few I know that pioneer in particular have a few upgrades, I am unable to think of the id for them as unfortunately pioneer tend to use every letter in the alphabet in the part number but you will also find with pioneer that they are beginning to charge through the roof for their top end product. I mention the alpine because they price their top end product very competitively ,also after amping an alpine system I have seen heard and felt a better quality than I have from some cars with pioneer,rocford and fusion systems.basically alpine will be a good upgrade at a good price and will definately perform, with or without amping.I do have a few tips to point you in different directions, just let me know what sort of sound your chasing and a budget youd like to work with,I work for repco ,and I have some friends at autobarn,I dont mind palming off customers to them ,as you can probably tell im a fan of alpines products,but I can give you some ideas if youd like. hope to speak with you soon slamaa.
  13. the noise would be a bonus but I was thinking about maintaining the cooler piping through the factory locations and I have an auto cooler where the ubi pod would be so I only really have the side that its on, I thought id ask the question just in terms of a chance of there being a cold air like that because in the long run it saves me having to move the battery and the auto cooler, besides as I just remembered the comments made about sucking in water from that spot...just a bit nervous...
  14. just a thought after checking out the short air intake( dose pipes ) has any one made a cold air intake for the dose pipe? eg from the factory cold air across the front of the engine toward the battery and wrap around the pod so it supplies cold air making it functional all year round,just that it seems to be an easy way to do a short air intake without having to move the battery... I think this could work? thoughts...?
  15. thanks for the input all ill see what I can do.
  16. thank you gregor, that is the answer I was looking for. thank you for your patience mate, as for mercury, understand me: I have no car and wanted to know why you all said what you did.I need this up and going a.s.a.p. and don't mind throwing the appropriate funds in its direction. take note of what gregor has said. he was fantastic in his approach and I am grateful for his help you other lot are way too pushy and that is why you will find that the gratitude is not there for you when you spin off such nasty remarks - refer buf phoon: Maybe let us know intended applications I.e. street, strip or track. Maybe you should have done some reading first. - intended application is low end drift and motorkhana - as said in the 2nd paragraph of my first post. as for maybe I should have done some reading first - isn't that the point of this particular forum here? to index such information from people who have used and abused their gearboxes and have some information to help out a newbie?Christ I barely know how to use the internet and the xr is new to me and from the way some of you on these forums talk to me I'm expected to be a walking encyclopedia! BACK OFF! I wanted help! like I said at the start of this post thanks goes out to gregor for his information and the website as I can now have a look into some other options (you know...do some reading like buf said...well now I have some where to do some reading buf)
  17. yeah need the car back coz I got no mode of transportation and its a fair distance to get to my work etc... I am an import boy so I have the query about ppg boxes as so many times over they have worked in serious torque applications. we have a gtr with mild tune work and quite stiffened and it runs one. with the 25psi setup and 6grand launches through all wheel drive not only does it score a great time over the quarter but its gear box is still solid. so I figure if I can chase up info on one to suit mine it would be quite good as the one out of the gtr came from a motorsport company in melb, not sure where because it was a bday present from mates who I now no longer speak with. so therefore I have become stuck... damn! btw the gtr is not road legal so its not an option while I fix the xr.
  18. the guy is way too far away. the job is already expensive enough without getting a gearbox sent 20+ hours. is he the only guy on the face of the earth who can put some gears together and incase them? I already have a KAAZ diff from meridian-IN MELB. tune work from chris at bluepower-IN MELB... is there noone in melb/act/syd who can produce a quality product? even in the case of sydney that's still upwards of 6 hours from where im based... not here to argue its just you guys have to be able to have another manufacturer in mind...
  19. as per original message... DONT WANT STANDARD GEARBOX. also location of mal wood is a little out of reach for me.
  20. So I have a C.A.P.A. Flash Tuner, 10 psi tune, modified airbox, K&N panel filter, KAAZ 2-way diff, 3.9:1's, DBA slotted brake upgrade with H.D. pads.other than the stereo I have pretty much just been saving up for a air filter and battery relocation...until today! Grabbed reverse in the carpark at work and it slipped...alot! Gearbox specialist said c3 in the factory 4spd valve body or a problem with the friction band. Now you've all spoken about factory gearbox conversions but what I want to know is has anyone done or does anyone know about better gearbox conversions like PPG or what not. As I previously said I have put in a 2-way diff and I like to slide around motorkhana courses or have a little fun out the back of town. The car is 2003 BA XR6 Turbo, 4spd auto. any other details please feel free to ask. basically I just want a tuff MANUAL gearbox, I spent good dollars on the diff now I want to spend good dollars on the gearbox. Thanks.
  21. TUR-BO6

    Intake

    hey guys, I have finally delved into a few mods on the xr, reflashed the program with a capa flash 2, I replaced the filter with a k&n panel filter, cut the front totally out of the air box and made my own pick up to feed it from under the head light. I put a 3.5 inch dump pipe with 2 inch wastegate pipe that comes together to make one 4inch dump for the last 6 inches before the cat, using the factory cat opened up to a 4 inch opening to suit the new flanges.I also removed the rear muffler.sounds good, goes nice as seen at a local drag event on the weekend just gone where I ran for the first time ever and scored a personal best of 10 seconds flat over the 1/8th mile. ++NOW++ enters the problem, I have blown off the cooler hose where it enters the wheel arch below the battery near the turbo, so being a spring clip I switched it with the screw clamp from the cross over pipe and it ran ok, then on my second run...still ran a 12.30, but I blew it off again this time from the cross over.refitted it and ran ok til now. been thinking about it, maybe a tbolt used in its place will fix it, but I wanted your opinions on changing the whole intake. I have been offered a 600 x 300 x 75 cooler at the right price and I think with a little bit of maths homework I can nut out a piping system from the filter to the throttle body using the same size pipe as the intake housing of the turbo as not to create a restriction along the way.painted mild steel would be my choice, with silicon hose where needed, relocate the b.o.v. and possibly upgrade it and fit the cooler in there too. any hints or tips appreciated as I am thinking of changing it all. so b.o.v. location, pipe size, mounting of cooler, type of b.o.v., type of cooler, basically any tricks you can fill me in on would be fantastic. thanks guys, I know there are sub forums but I figure I could get a few ideas to get me started.I just want to do this right. btw does any one know what my 1/8th mile time works out as a 1/4 mile...general answer would be fine, im just curious.
  22. TUR-BO6

    Mods...

    In reply to the front end work, I have actually found alot of people doing the f6/gt... front bar mock ups, but I think since im quite early in the modding stage I might play it safe and not look like a poser!lol. luckily my uncle is a panel beater and owns a workshop down my way, he has done all the footwork and begun the repairing stage of the front end. I actually asked him in all honesty what the go was with me giving him a little extra to get the front converted but the xr8 hood was some $1000 dearer and the front bar I needed a vin number that matched an f6 to have my insurance company get me one...THAT SUCKS!!! but any way the front will be xr6t for a while and I will probably chase up a conversion later on when I have some grunt to make those who question whether its an f6 or not spend more time wondering about how much power its got! lol. on a more serious note and in relation to the question of what power I would like, ive read that 300hp or kilowatts(not sure everyone says "300 at the bags mate" im still unsure which they are talking about) at the rear wheels is a nice easy figure to achieve with a few smart bolt ons and a little tuning. I dont mind spending the money on worth while items, I just have the worries that I will buy something that's not proven by guys and grls like your selves who have been there and tried them.thanks again for the positive feedback guys, out of the cars I have done up I have never had such a helpfull bunch of people. your assistance is much appreciated. thanks all.
  23. TUR-BO6

    Mods...

    Hey guys, im new to this community and was just wondering what opinions I can recieve on mods for my newly bought xr6t. it is currently off the road as an inconciderate p plater decided he would like to run a set of lights and wipe out my front end, 1 week after getting it... anyway was wondering what to start doing to my xr6t as I have the usual collection of cash from xmas. any and all help gratefully accepted!
×
×
  • Create New...