-
Posts
68 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by bluey1
-
Mechanics Around South East Melb? (moorabbin/cheltenham)
bluey1 replied to Jman's topic in General Tech
is that with the service log stamped? if so do let us know of this miraculous place as im more than happy to drive down there for that price. from memory ford charged me something like $250. -
Do you kno if the cat is the restriction in the NA as well? PS. yeah yeah I know the lack of a turbo is the biggest restriction on the NA
-
125kw per tonne so if you fill up your car with bricks you can have a 400kw monster and yeah no mods to make it faster. no worries.
-
On all your p's (green and red)...no turbos (apart from smart cars), no 8 cylinders and above, no to over 125kw/tonne (or any vehicle classed as 'high performance'), no engine mods or any mod that's going to improve engine performance. Most importantly...no fun. PS. 125kw/tonne one was from when it was only red p's but since they are way stricter these days im guessing it still applies.
-
sure is
-
that sounds almost identical to me...and I got an NA
-
Hid Group Buy No.2 - Bosch Kits Available
bluey1 replied to senna_T's topic in Classifieds & Group Buys
[quote name='senna_T' post='831247' date='Feb 26 2009, 02:42 PM']You do have to modify the dust caps mate, take a look in the electrics forum, there is an install guide that I did with my car[/quote] yeah I read through it I just thought when you said they've sorted out their kits and they no longer have the parker bulb that maybe it also meant theyd be thinner and we no longer need to chop up the rubber. Bugger it ill take em anyway, unless you can point me in the direction of another attractively priced kit that doesnt involve cutting up the dust caps. -
Hid Group Buy No.2 - Bosch Kits Available
bluey1 replied to senna_T's topic in Classifieds & Group Buys
Hey Senna put me down for a low beam Hellig kit with the closest colour to white (4300K?) as possible. PM your deatils and I shall transfer the $$ and send details. I know ive asked you this before but just to be 100% theres no butchering of the rubber dust caps required for this new set is there? As I'd like to someday soon switch to the T and transfer all my mods over and sell the current 6 stock. -
Youll have to ask one of the FG typhoon boys if the fg's come with a second snorkel. If so then yeah you could source one out and do it. Maybe even one of these BF seondary snorkels might fit? Not sure where/what the fg airbox is like but check if theres room in front of it/under the headlight to fit one of these puppies in.
-
Luke that's exactly what I was thinking of doing but someone pointed out that the HIDs take a while to fire up. Is that something you just have to live with?
-
dont they come stock with a 6 speed? not sure what the availability of the 6 speed was on the BFs all I know is mine aint got one, probably some expensive option. I also thought they had a slightly different wheel but the one in your pics seems to be the same as mine. car looks quite nice. will look even better once you get started.
-
Hid Group Buy No.2 - Bosch Kits Available
bluey1 replied to senna_T's topic in Classifieds & Group Buys
the more I read the more confused I get. the bi-xenons from what I understand are still only one globe (double filament) which replace the bulb in the main fat housing (closest to the indicators) which still leaves the stock bulb in the smaller housing, is this correct? and from my understanding when your driving around with low beams everything is a bluey goodness but when you switch on the high beams the second HID filament will fire up like a lightsaber (along with the dirty yellow stock high beam halogen? yay? nay?...maybe?). wouldnt it just be better to get two of the cheaper brand kits from senna, one for the low and one for the high that way when you flick on highbeams all that happens is the second HID comes on? but then the pain of having to hide 2 ballast packs and battery connectors or is there a way to hook them all up to one? imagine the manifestation of ballasts (ballifestation) of seperate highs, lows AND fogs... -
I was looking at this quite a while back as a mod for my first car which I didnt even have yet. Alot of what im about to say here may just be repeating old useless information which everyone already knows in which case...sorry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-q0SVALfus theres quite a few of these on youtube just search 'angel eyes DIY'. This one is quite good if you can put up with the american accent. its done on some other car but process is pretty much the same for every car from what I understand. only thing you need is to know which diameter rings you need which no one (from the brief skim over I had of this topic) seems to bother to post up/know and just say to call some people and ask. Once your equipped with this powerfull knowledge though you can pick up a pair for like 20 buks + postage from memory...I could be very wrong. just search for halo rings or angel eye rings on ebay. They wire into your parking lights. What IMO looks alright as well is if someone can get an amber pair as well and hook it up to the indicator so you have one white angel eye and one amber one that comes on with the indicators. saw a video of this a while back on youtube on some other car. might not look as good on a falcons though as youd probably have to put it over the main bulb (not the high beams) as the white ones will need to go over the high beams so you can still see them when the lights are on and in this case the amber one will be too far away from the stock indicator (or this may actually look good...cant decide). what I mean is one ring (either around the high beam or low beam blinking in time with the indicators and the other one just the normal white halo).
-
thanks for that mate ill go have a look.
-
I know what you mean. im gona go out on a limb here but am I the only one who kinda likes the stock exhaust tip? especially because ive got the NA, in the aftermarket 2.5" systems the tips look a little small and kinda like the stock tips on some other cars aside from the fact that theyre stainless steel. they dont look all that flashy. did see a red xr6 heading over the westgate bridge yesterday though with MASSIVE twin tips which looked quite nice.
-
these were the only ones I could upload as I forgot to turn the quality down for the other ones and theyre too big to upload.
-
intalled it yesterday without a single hassle (also used the dremel) somehow. I was initially quite scared of doing this myself as ive never touched a power tool before, but it was good fun, saved some cash, the car sounds heaps better and fuel economy gets down to ridiculous numbers such as 0.2l /100k on the hills. measurements were great thanks for posting them! only thing I would add is I did this during a mildly windy and dusty day so I covered the top half of the box with a plastic bag to be 100% safe and not let anything through, especially since I thought I might take a while due to my inexperience. third bolt was also no hassle all you gota do is really shove that bottom snorkle as far as you can under the headlight, place the box down and there should be plenty of space. I took some photos ill try upload but ive never uplaoded anything on this site before so not sure how thatll work out... in short, great fun way to save money and improve your cars sound and economy. and with the posted measurements, you cant go wrong!
-
mine is an ex telstra car and I only recently noticed this problem. I couldve sworn they used to turn off but now that you mention it im not 100% anymore. I recently had to get the car jump started with some extra juice as it was incredibly flat and only noticed the headlight issue afterwards so ive just been blaming it on that. also, mine wasnt turning of at all even with the knob switched to the off position until last night it changed its mind and decided to turn off
-
snorkel arrived yesterday afternoon and its going in this weekend once dad brings in the dremel from his work. for the boys who used the dremel what speed did you use? is there danger of cracking the airbox if the speed is too low/too high? I heard somewhere that when cutting certain plastics if the speed is too high or too low (cant remember which one but I think its too low) it can crack. never really done any handy work before (not really much of a handy man but with all the measurement praise this seems idiot proof) and this will be the first hands on project on the car (air filter and top snorkel hardly count lol), quite pumped!
-
yeh ended up just selling the exhaust and keeping the stock without the centre muffler. ive now fallen in love with the herrod 2.5" mild steel catback system so in the end its probably better it didnt fit..maybe a sign from above lol. just waiting to pay off the bullsh*t speeding and parking fines and then its saving up time for the herrod system. phoon snorkel is going in this weekend :D
-
cmon, give it some
-
not sure if its the same, but I have the BA-BF Workshop manual with some other extras on CD. Got it for 5 buks plus postage off ebay..
-
good old year 12 physics coming back to me. looks like the crap they teach at school actually has a purpose after all.
-
this is confusing me now. I thought there were only 3 levels. sl (super lows) ssl (super...super..low...?) and the ultra low which they only recomended for show cars cos its a pain to live with. what is this super ultra low you speak of? I got a bf xr6 with the stock 17" and loooking at lowering it just enough so that the very top of the wheels are just about almost in line with the wheelarch. is that the ssl? cheers.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.