Jump to content

Barra

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    467
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Barra

  1. Been a while since I've been on here. Is there any chance of a cruise near the end of Sept? Itching to drive the XR again after an extended break :chalk: Somewhere after the "27th of Sept". :party:
  2. Just bought this as my daily. Time for serious 4X4 mods.
  3. :auto: :violin: 6 mths. Had just bought a mint SWB 1989 turboed Pajero 2 days earlier.... Such is life. Two cars as lawn ornaments.
  4. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170803636843?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Good upgrade for someone.
  5. I'm out Tab for quite some time..... Got in a bit of trouble :banghead:
  6. Gut it gently will always be cheaper than having a workshop make up a replacement pipe if that's the way you are going? Being legal in NZ your tuner might do this for you on site, saves the worry out of the trip.
  7. It may over boost in higher gears up hill. 5th gear and steady. It also may still overboost with a tune, especially on the colder days approaching. Just be careful. Might throw an o2 sensor code on such a long trip. Someone else can answer that in more depth, plenty of info on the search function.
  8. Working 12 and 13th I'll take it off if the numbers are there.
  9. on slight boost 2.5Psi. Shows vac too. That is all I can upload. Hit my quota? MODs how do I get more?
  10. http://www.ebay.com....=item20b9452e8c One I got was like this, double check sizing. Might need larger sheet or two of. http://www.ebay.com....=item2a1514b2ad This one from Aust is what I got. See above post for photos of polishing it.
  11. That'll work for me too.
  12. Either way day trip or overnight I'll be fine with it. About time you boys came out this way!! Pity April wasn't the plan as I have all of it off work. Awah well, time to book more annual leave.
  13. Highly possible as it drops off the marker reflector at that speed, on a corner with load. Wheel speed might change slightly. Only minor though. My sedan on cruise control at that speed cuts out when it hits even minor bumps and the TC light flashes, took awhile to work that one out untill I watched it on the same patch of road.
  14. I'm with you. Especially if I get pulled over, can just peel off right there and then. Plus I didn't have to remove the lights at all, just allowed extra to be able to be tucked into groves with a credit card. Had it done in 2 beers time while doing it. Easy as. Also wanted to see how it looked first. I get lots of comments about the tint as I sure the other guys do about the paint tint. What works for the individual in the end.
  15. More concerned about this part. TC off sideways doesn't appear to activate the brakes automaticly to correct,.... Control seems to come from the "human interface arms and foot controller." :rallee:
  16. Is that true? I'm wondering if this is true,.... would breaking hard in a straight line be less effective with TC off?? I know I can get it very sideways controlled with it off so stability controll agree with, which should include auto braking to center the car in an out of controll state? Hope that makes sense been a long day at work.
  17. Agree. Changed my cat not dump and no codes and will only overboost 3 psi max on a cold night if I push it. Getting AFR checked asap though.
  18. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250567805590?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 I've been looking at this for a while. Might get around to getting it. Anyone used this?
  19. Hey all, Might as well ask here. I'm chasing a cheap car that is relieable and with a RWC to use as my work transport and runs to Roma,.. see above. (one that wont like sitting on 170kms) lol, so I can keep my licence. I dont really care if it's pink as I can handle the sh*t from my work buddies. I just dont want to ruin my rims on sh*t roads anymore. Either that or I'm putting on 17" territory steel rims painted black with rubber on that isn't low profile. Willing to travel to pick up. PM me or post here please. Cheers.
  20. About $70 per 20Ltrs I mix 3 ltrs to a tank and no pinging. Better than octane boost for the same price for only 700mls. Hey mate. I do frequent Roma alot, was there last few days as my girl lives there. I live and work in Chinchilla. Be good to catch up for a beer when I'm out there next. You are welcome to come here also.Bomber, you should of seen the rain out there!! My wipers are nearly broken now...If you car gets parked up alot, just disconnect and remove the bulbs from the foggies and let air dry, that'll fix them. I have to do this if I go through flood waters with mine.
  21. Barra

    Tips

    http://www.bestmuffl...7e9f7989498f4b0 This is the one I got from above in Bris. 2 1/2 tips id to suit 3" inlet from the muffler "blue diamond brand". With the coin I saved I bought a muffler aswell for under the cost of just the tip. So muffler and tip cheaper than listed price for the tip! There is a big mark up on exhaust shops. Understanding that they have overheads to run the shop etc, yet so do the wholesaler so helping them out and saving some money at the same time.
  22. Barra

    Tips

    just saw where you live. Maybe someone will go pick up for you then.
  23. Barra

    Tips

    http://www.truelocal...ts-qld/brendale Wholesaler to the exhaust shops in Bris. I got tips for $50 inc gst when I was quoted $140 for the exact same ones.!!! Looked at the box they came in to find where to go. Walk in don't call and they will serve you. Lots of other goodies there too. Saved me heaps doing my exhaust up.
  24. I joined just for the events calendar. Will have a better look into it when/ if it takes off.
×
×
  • Create New...