lukus
Member-
Posts
27 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by lukus
-
Mate thanks heaps for the intsructions/essay haha, only one complaint.....I think u left a few steps out, at steps 3,6,9,12....shouldnt they be reserved for beer? And you left the main tool required out "the Slab" lol. seriously though thanks heaps again....I still think I'd rather part with the 350 then tackle this one haha seen as youve gone to the troble to write it out I'll do it. only one question whats the part number/name for the broken flap/shaft thingy?
-
wish u lived in melb, I'd have one for u to do. 350 is a penny in the bucket compared to the 1200 dollar "all day, big drama, half interior out job" I got qouted. I know it might be hard but could u pls pm me a ruff idea on how to do it and also the part that is need pls, I cant keep putting up with the 2 degrees at 4:30 am anymore haha. cheers.
-
My heater isnt working either, I was told they have to take the dash and the it was going to be 1200 bucks, however he assures me the part is very cheap. anything new since u posted this?
-
I'm unsure on both, however I can tell you the hand brake is entirely useless and doesnt work...dont know why (as I mentioned in previous post). But like I said it only happens very rarely. I've taken the wheel off and had a look the best I can, but even mechanics cant tell me whats wrong with it let alone myself trying to find somthing amiss. How would I check either of these? Cheers Lukus.
-
Yeh I did think about that, but I wanted to find out where the source of the heat was....I thought I could touch it or throw some water on it and after much thought, I oppted to throw some water on it lol. It seemed to come mostly from the brake pad area, however it was extremly hot on most areas....so I think I'm just going to take it in after Christmas and get the brakes done and see if it ever happens again...like I said it rarely ever happens.
-
Yeh, but I very much doubt my car was doing burnouts with no one sitting in the drivers seat....
-
Well it did smell abit, but I'm not sure about the suspension everything seems to work fine, except the handbrake. I have checked the tyre, however all the heat comes from around the brake pad, last time it happened I threw water on it to see where the heat was coming from. The water immediatly evaporated as soon as it hit the brake pad. but all the other wheels are fine :S
-
0 chance of that I'm afraid, the handbrake doesnt work, I've taken it in to get fixed twice and both times nothing. The first time I took it into get a roadworthy and the guy said he tightened it and ovbiously didnt check it. The second time a different guy said he doesnt know and not to worry as its an Auto and I can always use "Park" as a brake....I was like WOW all this time I've be putting bricks behind the wheel and leaving it in "Neutural" Cheers for the thought though.
-
The other week I had a mate come up who is also into cars and we gave my car abit of a work out...for most of the day, everything went off with out a hitch. HOWEVER after he left and I was pulling into my street I heard a Dummp, dummp, dummp and could feel the vibration through the car, it was almost like a feeling of a flat tyre but not as bad. After looking in my left side veiw mirrow I could see smoke billowing from the bake left wheel. I pulled into my drive and got out to inspect it, the wheel was to hot to even go near. I checked the other wheels and they were fine. I had a friend take a look who is a mechanic (ok his not exactually v8 supercar material but u'd think he'd notice if somthing was wrong) he said he didnt see anything out of the ordinary. when I have the car turned off and pump the brakes I hear like a spring screach from the wheel. now when I had my car serviced last they did say the brakes were at 25%. And to be honest I did keep driving the car around and the problem dissapeared, untill yesterday during heavy city driving again.....anyone got any ideas?
-
I think I may have the answer for you, XR6T has a rev limiter at 6000rpm. In mine if (auto) if I hang on to 1st (when unsing sequential shift) all the way to 6000 rpm with out changing gears it has a momential loss of power untill I flick it up into 2nd. I think you may be experiencing that same thing, try changing at say 5500 rpm and see what happens. My guess is you are still excellerating after you clutch so the revs are hitting the 6000rpm mark and the rev limiter is kicking in.
-
I think I may have the answer for you, XR6T has a rev limiter at 6000rpm. In mine if (auto) if I hang on to 1st (when unsing sequential shift) all the way to 6000 rpm with out changing gears it has a momential loss of power untill I flick it up into 2nd. I think you may be experiencing that same thing, try changing at say 5500 rpm and see what happens. My guess is you are still excellerating after you clutch so the revs are hitting the 6000rpm mark and the rev limiter is kicking in.
-
p.s. I think your wife will change her attitude towards it once shes gone for a drive ....their common for a reason.
-
Hey DUB83R, You couldnt be more right, they do have a very tough engine and very decent handling. However the good fuel economy stops at the XR6 N/A model, unless of coarse your doing alot of highway km's. I get about 9.7 L P/100 Highway, and about 15.5 around town and I consider myself a conservative driver. I have a BA MK1 XR6T 4SP Auto, I find that it performs really well and even though I dont have the premium sound package (to my knowledge), I often get alot of compliments about how clear the sound is, I actually dont really know how much better you could want it to be, I am 20 and I do love my music, but I have no complaints about the sound quality at all. My dads car has the premium sound and although there is a mild difference its only when you pump the volume right up (2000 dBs haha). The 6sp manual came in the MK11 BA's (onwards) and it would be my advice to get the MK11 Model. MK1 manual is only 5sp and there have been alot of complaints about its clunky-ness. As for the difference between the auto and manual I'd say its really up to what you prefere to drive, however if you do alot of city driving I'd recommend the Auto as you can also use the Sequencial shift if ever you want that manual feeling, its not the greatest subtitute but still abit of fun. hope that was helpful, any questions dont hesitate to ask. Lukus
-
Awesome car mate, I especially love the interior and sounds like an amazing drive especially the way you describe the power output from a car with that sized motor. Cheers, Lukus
-
I read through the whole thing up untill the point where things started going pear shapped and everyone started going nuts. VERY VERY Interesting! It was definatly an eye opener I think that pretty much hits the nail on the head. I think this is something everyone should read, its definatly an experience in itself. I'll definatly have this in the back of my mind next time I go for a drive. thanks for posting it. Lukus.
-
I'm with you, you've come this far, FINISH IT! p.s. sorry bout the big comment I left before I didnt see your lattest posts.
-
Hey Mate, I can tottally sympathise with you here, I do have parents that will buy me things however I refuse because I want to make it on my own and I'm also proud of that (and I also have a mate who's parents just spent 30k on a Subaru for him n theres nothing wrong with that), but by the same token I dont take stupid risks. Now before you dismiss this as another hack at you, just hear me out. You've ovbiouslty put abit of thought into this, I'm just wondering if its the right thought and whether or not you should consider other avenues as far as making a better suited decission based on your finnancial position at the moment. Now you said number 1, your car has depreciated since the FG hit the market, well I got some good news for you, so has every ford mate that's not an antique, and more so now not only because of the FG but also due to petrol prices and mainly petrol guzzlers (which the xr6t could be classified as) you get my drift. number 2 you said your bad driving record stops you from having insurance. your gonna have zilcho insurance if you smash this thing and theres a turbo bent up under the bonnet. number 3, if you lost your license already your not really off to a great start, if you get caught with this car and the mods it has your gonna loose it for a hell of a lot longer. now heres the possibilities. 1. It could all go sweet as pie and work. 2. It could blow up like the last two, remember this isnt the type of car for trial and error espcially when faced with debt and financial problems. 3. It could all go well, then you have a smash with another car get seriously hurt and some1 notices an intercooler or turbo....your Fu*ked. Now heres a few possible remedys, take them or leave. 1. sell your car and buy an xr6t, you will probaly find that there on par with fuel prices playing a major factor, buy bomb insurance, like lets face it, your insurance on the car you were gonna turbo is long gone anyway you may aswell just buy a turbo and hope for the best. 2. change jobs, theres plenty of jobs out there that pay well I know labourers are making a bit now days, concretings probaly not a bad one to get into over 1k a week after cash at most places, you've been demoted their not gonna re-promote you. 3. use safer mods and upgrade your current car, it'll take abit longer but it'll be alot safer and its not likely to blow up. I've seen a xr6 na run a faster 1/4 mile than a stock xr6t before. AND THE BIG ONE 4. Ask your self this question "How will I feel if I loose it all and I'm stuck with a debt of $XXXXX" I beleive in taking calculated risks and being free spirited, but for f*ck sake mate we're not all telling you this because we dont want you to get a good car, most people on here including yourself have learnt a few things the hard way (although I'm not sure if you learnt much from your experiences) we're telling you this because theres already enough people in this world that are up to their neck in sh*t and have no way out and you've got all the right indgredents cooking atm to become one of those people. And before you think your the only person that works hard for their money think again mate, I'm 20 years old, I saved a my arse off to buy my xr6t, I didnt take any money from my parents and although I do have a small loan on the car, I also have a fair bit of savings in the bank to make sure I dont get in the sh*t and to top it off I'm a uni student and I rent and heres the big one, I paid my insurance up front. Theres an old saying "The poor man pays twice" Hope this helped you mate, cheers, Lukus.
-
Further more, how the hell are they holding it up?
-
Hi Cro, This was one of my hurdles and everyone said it would be the thing to break me; Insurance. However I just paid $650 for full comp on my 2003 BA XR6T and I'm 20 from Vic. How? quite easy, I went online to AAMI labled my father as the main driver as he is Rating 1 for Life and then add myself as an additional driver (which adds no extra cost). The car is still registered in my name, so really all you have to do is that. Hope that's of some help to you. p.s. use the online thing, never call them up because aslong as their system online accepts it then your covered 9/10 if you call them they will either find some way to bump it up or reject you. Cheers, Lukus
- 1,981 replies
-
- Anyone having trouble
- wastegate
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
After you put it like that, I think that loosing your licence for the 3 months might not of been such a bad thing at all, sounds like its given you some time to re-balance your life and remind you of your life outside of work. Its good to see people looking on the bright side even if by the end of the 3 months you will be dying to get back in the drivers seat. cheers.
-
OMG HA HA HA....THAT IS BY FAR THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE SEEN ON HERE!!!!! Radials hahahaha doesnt even look anything like Racing/Radials. Just glad theres no Expensive Daewoo fans around then you'd be in real troble haha.
-
I just picked up my 2003 BA XR6T for $14,200 from NSW only catch is that its got 160k on the clock, however its been a company car and is in top shape so I wasnt too concerned about it. Honestly 18k for that in WA sounds alright, however I think you could do better if you shopped around a little more, maybe consider buying interstate. But then again you dont want to spend you whole life looking for it, just remember its not gonna go any slower than a BF.
-
OK simular story except I'm one step ahead of u. Me and my mate both started off with cars with identical 0-100 times about 8 seconds, I'm only going to mention that his car was a a brand new 2006 2.0 sub lib (which his parent brought him) I had an EL Fairmont, my main problem was traction as I didnt have lsd, so he just took it upon himself to proclaim his car faster. After a while I got sick of the car and sold it and picked up a VX S Manual, which kanned his subaru no dramas....just so happens a week later his car "accidently" rolled itself on a straight road hmmm. so he got the insurance payout a month later his upgraded to the 3.0 version which 0-100 does about a 6.9 and like I think paul said I GOT EVERY SINGLE F*&$*ING STAT you could get "its got all wheel drive", "it feels twice as fast as my last car", "180kws", pretty much "It'd have your car on toast!", both of us being on our P's he liked to exentuate the fact that "Its the fastest legal car you can drive on your P's la la la". or so he thought untill I secretly found a loop hole in the rules. So after a while I got sick of the S pac and sold it, saved up for a while and bought an XR6T. So I got talking to him again over the net one day and I let slip that I had a new car. Imeddiatly he was interested "what is it?" I just said "an xr6" and he goes "oh k yeh nice blah blah blah" and then started his rant about how he draged some v8 Late model camira and blew him off the road, and I just politely congratulated him. Then he wants to see a picture of it so I send him a pic of an XR6 off the net. His like "oh yeh looks alright done a few k's (150000)" Any way a few days later were talking on the phone and his like "oh yeh hows the new car going, pretty quick is it?" I said "oh yeh she goes alright" his like "ha ha oh yeh, next time I'm up I'll take you for a drive and show you quick" I said "that would be awesome cant wait mate". anyway a few weeks later I was down in Melbourne and he took me for a drive in his car and I acted all impressed, "Bloody hell that hammers mate you'd have my car on toast" his like "Take us for a drive in your car" (btw I had already removed the turbo badge to avoid cops- so he coudnt tell it was a T) I just acted all kool about it "oh nah its just like every other XR6 mate" he wouldnt let up so I said "oh k, we'll just go for a quite spin around the block" (trying to hold back a sheepish grin) so we pull out and putt around the first few corners and then as soon as we hit the open road I plant it and his like "F*%KInG HELL.....this things fast as" I just looked across at him and added "well it is turbo'd" THE LOOK ON HIS FACE= PRICELESS!!!!! "I thought u said it was an xr6" And as though it was on que this started "ohhh u shouldnt of got the turbo version, blows head gaskets left right and centre, all my dads friends have blown like 6 head gaskets each" blah blah blah I've searched all over the net I cant find anything about them blowing head gaskets at all.
-
For a second I thought it was the worst looking thing ever and then I got to the 5th pic and saw the AU strech OMFG that needs to be bulldozed!!!
-
hey guys, Lukus. p.s. how do u add your car to the garage?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.