Jump to content

Al Bundy

Member
  • Posts

    68
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Al Bundy

  1. Just picked up my XR6 Turbo... Black with 18" wheels. What cost is involved for the day. What sort of things go on, on the day. I will know by tmrw if I can come. I live in Knox it could take me well over an hour to get into Geelong (Bunnings)...
  2. Also the votes posted as FOR the turbo motor being on the XT probably can't afford a XRT. Of all models , if it goes into the Xt standard Falcon it will destroy all the good will that has been generated. Simply put for the XT Falcon, for the person that decides this in Ford should be hung. If it deos happen we should all bombard Ford towake them from their stupid dream.
  3. I say NO. Like the GT's you have a unique car and as soon as you offer the motor into the other ranges then in my eyes you no longer have a cult car & just an average falcon with a slight face lift. I would rather then get a standard falcon with the turbo motor. Seriously just the XR range ONLY.
  4. From the shadows of darkness the BLACK KNIGHTS SHALL RISE....!!!!!
  5. Al Bundy

    Newbie Question

    opps I meant a plain not a plane XR6... LOL
  6. Al Bundy

    Newbie Question

    To help in getting a better discount, ring 2 - 3 dealers, and option a plane XR6 then when you got your price, then go to the dealer... now about the upgrade of the motor to the Turbo one. I got a great discount as the dealers are more prone to discounting the XR6 more than a Turbo one.. This way you might be able to add more options in the end depending on your budget.
  7. The body should be your main problem. As you will struggle to find panel beaters who will touch them to be fixed if it has too many headaches (rust), interior & mechanicals are easy and many will help. I finally after stripping 3 XY's did I actually find one with no accident damage & minimal rust, BUT still waiting 1.5 yrs while the beater going through the motions of fixing it. All hanging panels done, front end done. Then it sat. See pic in gallery. ETA maybe Feb lor late June next year... Its a pain... everything else is easy.... SO... BODY..... BODY....... BODY is all I can say to you.
  8. I have a 1975 ZG Anniversary Fairlane and its factory leather interior has vinyl sides and leather uppers. Same with the rear seat. 90% Leather. I would be surprised if its 100% leather.
  9. Here is the second photo they supplied to me Ford should have these as standard.
  10. They supply a diagram on how to install it. I don't get my car till late Jan, but just found some pics he supplied...
  11. I haven't received my car yet, but searched for a reasonable priced lower grill. I didn't like the Herrod one as I prefer one with no markings. I had paid $75 inclusive of postage with instructions on how to put it on. They are based in Geelong and can fit them if you are a local. In Vic there are not many who supply them. You can email Steve Voice on " [email protected] " and he will send you pictures. Its a metal mesh that is powder coated black. I am pretty sure they can powder coat in a few colours. If you have any questions please do not hestitate to email him. His postal address is as follows; STEVE VOICE PO Box 30 Newcomb Victoria 3219 I hope this helps people in Vic as a supplier and even others. Let him know you got the details from this site as I got his permission to let others know. Jim P Knox (alias Al Bundy here)
  12. Thanks... nice
  13. Another headache to worry about is insurance, if doing any mods & have an accident & you might find that the insurance could be denied ( based on who is at fault & so forth of course). There are risk all the times with mods. Al
  14. Are you able to supply a pic further back showing the rear seats as well. Nice... Al
  15. How many km are the tyres meant to cover under normal driving conditions. Also how were you able to claim under warranty the 3 tyres?
  16. Thanks for PC backround.... NIIICCCEEEE.. How about a POLL... Team BKNTS & other suggestions put to the vote... I will be in Jan BLK XRT.... Any name would be better than Hag opps HGAG :lol:
  17. How about Team BKNTS = Team Black Knights
  18. I was able to Get $7000 off my car. I was initially shopping for the XR6 then based on the discount of bargaining then switched to the XR6T one. (just the motor swap). Still got my discount. I found that by optioning the car more , the more discounting could be played with between dealers. But you had to be ready to lay a deposit immediately. If you stalled price went away. So in the end close to the base price of a XR6T I got extra 5x18, prem sound, leather int, sports wheel, tint,xr mats &scuff plates, tow pack. I think I was lucky & my timing might have been right for once in my life.
  19. I feel for you... definitley touch up bottle or depending how bad chips away sounds good... I dread the day I get my first chips or scratch. I ordered a black XR. I hope they use a black undercoat. As they say the first scratch kills you.
  20. I wanted my reaer letaher seat to have an arm rest in the middle, was told by ford NO as its an option only for Fairmonts not Xr's So I assume you would have to by the top half of the seat seperatley , but then what do I do with my one? too much stuffing around so I had to do without the arm rest.
  21. Email ford customer service & they send a brochure. Your local dealers have them now. It grows on you & its a more sporty look. The old leather is classier so it comes down to personal taste. Yet to see it in a car. Initially ordered it for my Jan04 car, but family wanted the normal leather, so changed it back after they saw the photo.
  22. Well done xrdreaming.... Happy driving Lets us know how the service is especially with the new car. I will be taking mine there once recvd and would love to know the feedback.
  23. The majority of the shows are simply old fashion humour without swearing and simple plots... I suppose that's why Seinfield was so good... My Favourite is Married with Children. I grew up loving the following shows... F Troop ( that damn tower always got hit) The Cpt shouldve that women stupid. :banghead: Dessert Rats Brady Bunch & Padrige Fanily ( I'm out of the lcoset I admit it) I know most would have watched it. Gilligan Islan, Hogan Heroes. Knight Rider. (In 1990 I got to go into the KIT car at Universal Studios) Dr Who Young Ones Benny Hill Show Dads Army MASH Astronauts with the cavemen- forgot the name of the show (Can anyone help with the name) These come to the mind quickly I have invested in foxtel - I was forced & normal TV just won't air these shows anymore Also Prisoner (Loved those b**ch fits) ALSO the Paul Hogan Show & Graham Kennedy Show (showing my age-39) The Box & No. 96 (my parents allowed me!!)
  24. I found Robert Clarke from Duhig Ford - Essendon 93741211 was a great help & great price and placed an order with him. Helped with all changes to the order and I am now sitting back waiting for my XR6T Black to come in Jan04. My cousin uses service dept Etherdige Vermont and they are great (in the past (dad) when they were in Ringwood they had a couple of bad apples but looks like they have cleaned their act.)
  25. Yhis might sound silly, but the phase I kits to the turbo that are available are saying they increase fuel economy and power? I ask, has anyone can verify this? Also putting these kits on deos it void warranty & deos anyone know when to best to put them on (ie 5000km or 10000 km)? My xr6t Black due mid to late Jan. bleeding.
×
×
  • Create New...