Jump to content

Moose

Member
  • Posts

    185
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Moose

  1. This is what im experiencing atm. I think I might line up a custom tune... should I go back to the stock tune for now?
  2. Yeah I fitted up the bigger cooler, and it was crushing the top pipe, so I just pushed that one side down to clear the pipe - silly me, forgot to push the other side down *smacks forehead* its all sweet now. I think this is when it was straightend up.
  3. Hey Crew! For what ever reason my search function just 'times out' and I cant get any answers, plus I figured with fuel atm, petrol companies are probably charging full price for 98ron when its really 96ron or watered down etc so needed real time consumption figures. I have a 2006 BF MKI F6. Have the 10psi generic flash tune through it and a deleted centre muffler. My average fuel (from the dash) is about 16-17 L/100K!!! Does this sound right? Over all, from a full tank I get between 250-300k's - that's driving relatively sensible with the odd stab here and there. Fully grandpa driving I get about 350k's. With the standard tune I get about 350k relatively sensible driving, and 400-420k's granpa. Is this about right? Or should I start looking for problems? What can I do to increase fuel economy - is there anything? Post up your L/100k reading as per your dash and your averages k's to a tank along with what your car is. Cheers all.
  4. Front: L's Rear: SSL's compressed 2 inches
  5. Did you know: In 2007, the only standard part on a Expensive Daewoo V8 Supercar was the accelerator cable?
  6. Why has no one looked at my above post! There is a company already making 2 door BA/BF's!
  7. You mean like this XR8 coupe? They have been making them for years. more info http://www.trueblueford.com/DreamtechBAcoupe.html
  8. Thanks Krudd - that's my injectors and fuel pump done!
  9. WestPac have passed on the full 1% drop on their rates, how ever I'm not sure on the exact figure as yet. Wait until the end of the year, rates are tipped to be as low as 1.5% from the RBA.
  10. As the title says, new logo for the Australian Government.
  11. Formal complaint + mention of chronic depression + mention of suicide = all bills paid not just rego.
  12. amen.
  13. You can have a cert/mod plate for anything on a car, but that doesn't make it legal. Before the laws were changed, you could get a mod plate for big rims on utes, and they are still illegal. As per the "Road Use Management – Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 1999" any BOV that vents to the atmo is illegal, full stop, no questions asked. Its clearly written in the "Road Use Management – Vehicle Standards and Safety) Regulation 1999" which is what the DOT reference when handing out defects. as per QLD law
  14. Start: 2003 1st: 1981 Expensive Daewoo TG Gemini - Not a road car, just a paddock basher/learner car 2nd: 1991 Nissan S13 Silvia - Turbo, first car road car 3rd: 1997 Nissan N15 Pulsar - All show, no go 4th: 1989 Toyota UCF11 Celsior - VIP Jap boat 5th: 1989 Expensive Daewoo VL Commodore - Turbo Walky rep 6th: 1997 Nissan N15 Pulsar - Turbo show car (Auto salon winner for best small car) 7th: 1980 Expensive Daewoo TG Gemini - Another paddock car 8th: 2000 Honda Accord - Show car on bags 9th: 1996 Lexus LS400 - Had it for 1 day lol dont know what it was really 10th: 1996 Ford XG Panelvan - Skid car after the rego ran out 11th: 1989 Expensive Daewoo VL Commodore - RB26DETT weapon 12th: 2006 FPV BFI F6 Typhoon - My work, cruiser and all round general car (Current) 13th: 1995 Toyota Hilux - Monster truck 4x4 (Current)
  15. Yes, it does get sticky when you chop it. Oh, wait, photoshop. Right.
  16. For both instances it sounds like the BOV is your problem. All BOV's have a spring inside them that is pressure rated. You can try screwing the top of the BOV in, which will increase pressure on the spring, which might solve the problem. If not you will need to get a BOV that will hold presure up to 22psi (or in Daniel4's case 12-13 pis). Some of the BOV's you get from autobarn are cheap and nasty, and only made to run on 4psi of boost on little buzzboxes, not big 4l cars running 20+psi. If replacing the BOV doesnt work, check all your silicon hoses that none of them have cracks or splits, mine had a split through one of them and it was causing a similar problem.
  17. a mate of mine has something almost as stupid on his 840rwhp XR6T ute... I think he browses this forum, ill try get a photo up.
  18. I've been told the opposite by Ford AND my exhaust shop. Ford don't put them in standard (metal or any other materiel) because it actually makes the bolts come looser quicker, or so im told. My exhaust shop guy also said if they come loose, and blow out, its a whole other kettle of fish with problems. Can anyone confirm or deny for sure if a gasket should be run? My F6 doesn't run one, and my exhaust shop guy said he highly recommends NOT putting it in. correct.
  19. My Typhoon's track day was probably wasted as the QLD Police bought mine brand new. I should go hit them up for my track day voucher
  20. hehehe never gotten that one before
  21. 22" Pork Volks on the back 20" Steaks on the front
  22. or get all 'richy rich' and just build one in your house! haha
  23. Or maybe... hahaha that's alot of hooter.
  24. So, anyone else up for a chop?
  25. You guys get off lucky. Our ##XXX/XXX## combo's are $415 for the basic ones and the prestige ones like my SELN 2U ones are $2,195!! Fuuuck!
×
×
  • Create New...