Jump to content

spadnium

Member
  • Posts

    49
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spadnium

  1. Happy Birthday spadnium!

  2. RICE! RICE RICE !!
  3. I didn't order them originlally, but after a few days on this site I rang back and optioned them up. I'm really happy with them. They squeal a bit, but they stop well time after time and they feel great. I knew if I didn't get them I'd be sorry every time I stepped on the pedal. I've had a car with bad brakes before, and didn't want to even worry about it with this car. It's nice to know you have the extra stop as well as the extra go.
  4. spadnium

    First Impressions

    :hiwelcome: I must say, you have impeccable taste.
  5. :lol: You're a good sport, Ken!
  6. 10/03, 16000km 1 transmision. 1 diff (this week) Both replaced under warranty.
  7. I voted maybe. When the time comes, I I'll look at it seriously. It has a few things that do make it special. I believe it has some slightly different engine internals, and it comes with plenty of gear standard. Little things even, like the pedals. And you can't buy one with standard brakes, I'll bet. As for power, 270kw would be a nice touch over the 240, but look at that torque! 550nm! Making like 95% of it at 1750rpm or something stupid like that! Couple that with a decent six speed auto (too much traffic for me) and it would have to be something special. As for looks, meh.. Prefer a sleeper, but I haven't bothered to debadge this one or anything. I'm SURE I could live with it though. Just on the power again, if I was just after brawny power (lots of it), I would probably just trade this on a low K XR8 and throw a $7K CAPA blower on it. 400KW and Ford warranty
  8. In the end, they're all just AFA....
  9. HgAg = Huge Gonads are Great.
  10. What he said. What he said.....! Oh, and great colour choice.
  11. How about something in between Lightning Strike and Black.... HgAg... Back me up here Ken......... The standard leather is great. New pasengers always love it. One thing I didn't notice on your options list though, was BRAKES. You have enough time to upgrade to the Premiums. I read about the probs with the brakes here (while I waited for nine months) and decided stump up the extra $3.5K (new wheel too) for the Premiums, but every time I put my foot on that pedal I'm glad I did. Premium brakes are the go. They stop soooo well. I'd get them instead of the leather if I had to. p.s. I'd definately get them over the Sat Nav.
  12. I asked about doning his after I took delivery. Quote from Ford dealer......$1300!! That was either for removing the wing and filing the holes, or a whole new boot lid sans wing. They wanted to match and blend all the aint around the rear of the car.... It's still got a wing.
  13. Good to see ya Geoff! I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this new member's first post......
  14. If you're worried, just go into Tandy and get a $130 CD/MP3 player and run it through the aux input jack (get it fitted if you need to).
  15. At least healf of the CD's that go in my stacker are CDR's. The only problem I have had is that sometimes the player has trouble reading them, and skips badly. Not sure of the cause, but turning the unit off and then back on, or swapping up and then back down a disk sems to sort it.
  16. Nice response to Judy's first post, fellas......
  17. I got a quote to de-wing my T. Option 1. New fresh bootlid: $1300 Option 2. Fill the holes on the old bootlid:$1300 They wanted to blend the paint on every panel around the bootlid to match it (even as far as the filer cap). Not sure how neccessary this all was (I'm still winging it), but it seems to be common practice, anyway. The quote was from a Ford dealer, so I imagine they would want it to be perfect, if they were going to warranty the job for a few years.
  18. ... ah la Flintstones? ... I think he means like the old 47 Ford Woody, with the wood panels along the sides.
  19. spadnium

    It Comes

    But it was worth it!!!
  20. spadnium

    It Comes

    TEN DAYS! You lucky B#&%RD! I had to wait two months to get through the paperwork to get it ordered , then SEVEN MONTHS for delivery . AND work made me drive a commode while I waited!!
  21. It should stay open on its own spring mechanism. It should sit flush at the bottom when closed, and open with a light press at the top to release the latch, then gently swing open and stay open until you close it yourself. No noise on opening, just a gentle click to release the latch. Your mechanism is obviously broken, you should have no problem getting it fixed under warranty.
  22. Bkofoed, how about a nice 5.25 or 3.25 embedded PC in the tissue box slot? Or some Atmel tiny's to play with? I could point you to some nice blue 4x40 or graphic LCDs, too. Shoot me an email, I think I can help. :santa:
  23. spadnium

    My Leaky Xr6t

    Thanks. That's pinpointed it. Thought it was the power steering leaking somewhere. My local guy couldn't find it, but she wouldn't go on his hoist either.
×
×
  • Create New...