pym
Member-
Posts
332 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by pym
-
Hmmm. Right vs wrong ?. Who is right ?....those who are only concerned about themselves and what is best for them at the current time. Dr Z forgot to mention that the US were big supporters for Sadam Hussein during the Irag / Iran war, and all of a sudden he is now a tryant, because it is no longer in their interest. If the US weren't such arrogant B*stards and stopped interfering with global politics, especially in the middle east, then perhaps everyone would love the US and 9/11 may never have happened. Ok, I appreciate the need to help other countries in times of need, but offer help and provide help if asked, rather than enforcing change. Personally I thought Bush had declared the war in Iraq over....so why are we reading in the news about constant battles against Najaf by US forces ? It is things like this that only increase one's hatred of the US and all they stand for. They cannot see outside their own borders. On numerous occasions during trips to the US, I have been asked what I have thought about the war on terror. When I mention that Australia is actively involved, I find the Americans get confused, as they believe only they and the UK are the only one's fighting. Open your eyes Americans. There is life outside your country, and remember whilst your believe you rule the world, you DON'T. Several billion people share it with you.
-
$89.95 for 1500/256, 12G / month. Whirlpool is certainly the best place to look, especially their plan comparisons, as only this will allow accurately review the plans in line with your intended usage. The only major gotcha I would highlight, is some ISPs count your upload usage towards your total...If you plan on using P2P this can be very bad...make sure you find an ISP that doesn't count your uploads. In addition, ensure you look for a plan that reverts to shaping should you exceed your download quota...this prevents any excess charges especially should your PC become hijacked and used for DoS attacks, spamming etc. As for modems, routers etc, depends on your setup. If you have multiple PCs and want to share the same broadband connection, then go with a combined modem / router which woudl also include an inbuilt Firewall (a must with all broadband connections). If a single PC, then a standard adsl-modem would suffice, however you may need to install some software on your PC to support the protocol and login, such as PPPoE. If you use a router, then the router do this for you.
-
At last, someone talking sense. :lol:
-
that sounds like a good day... ill have to let my next boss know about it And if the boss doesn't like POETS, then there is always ESSO Every Saturday Sunday Off.
-
All I can say, is thank God I don't fly with United...I would have been extremely peeved having to return to Sydney and then start all over again. Knowing Americans, it was probably some moron named Bob, who wanted to stake his claim to the sick bag.
-
I'll be willing to let them take my T for a retro-fit, as long as I can keep the finished product
-
And make sure you bring some warm beer back...oh, and a box of Nestle Shreddies.
-
Came across the following article...here. 2 things... Why use a Saab...would be much more fun in a T and can I have that job...sounds like a lot of fun, and all legal too.
-
Which state in the US ?...as each state is different.....Whilst it may be the norm to allow right turn on red, it is only permitted if there is no sign explicity stating that you can't, and these seem to be cropping up all over the place. Personally I prefer it over here, as there is less confusion and less dangerous....you have to stop and wait for a green, unless it says you can.
-
I believe everything has already been said...Sorry to hear, glad you're alive and walking. Just hope that the insurance companies pay up quick, and that the truck driver gets charged with dangerous driving....I mean for Christ sake how the hell could it not see you.
-
RIP Common Sense....I hope that he/she believe in re-incarnation and returns before My Rights and Ima Whiner have any offspring of their own.
-
Finally get to leave Boston today...been a long 2 1/2 weeks...arrive home on Monday and get to see my beauty, wife and baby :lol:. It sure will be good to get home
-
Which would explain the early start :lol:
-
Most things have already been suggested such as WEP 128bit encyption, MAC address access lists etc, and these will pretty well much protect you from the majority of potential hackers. Just note, try and mount your wireless router as high as possible...ie put it on top of the desk and not underneath (can have a small performance impact). Obviously with broadband (always on), ensure that you have a decent firewall (if this is hardware based, then fine), virus checker, and syware detection. It is always worth while trying to obtain a usage meter from the ISP (most have links to meters which may be written by users and as such not supported by the ISP). This will allow you to keep track of usage, and highlight potential problems especially if your wireless link is hacked. I'm currently running a Netgear WGT624T and 511T at 108Mbps and a second Dell laptop with embedded wireless...Everything works great, although I do have to reset my wireless router on occasion
-
Checked in at Qantas the other day for my flight to Boston...and they upgraded me to first class...even though business was empty....something very screwey going on, especially when airline staff told me it was at Geoff Dixon's request....not that I'm complaining... Anyway, made it safely to Boston, only to find that my wife scratched the bumper of my T against a pillar on the way home from dropping me off at the airport....At least she and the bub were OK. Anyway, I'm going whale watching tomorrow...Whoppee.
-
Here is the opportunity to practice mouse control. Go here ASCII Table. On the right are two challenges...give them ago.... I'm not disclosing my scores...as the page thinks I must be over 90...but then I am using a laptop.
-
Ken...Are you hiding a secret from us all ?.... Hey TEAM BLUEPRINT...Ken has a fetish - he wants to join us. He's had enough of leading the lamingtons, and he has now even managed to progress to jumpers from wooly cardigans. Ken - My I be the first to welcome you to TEAM BLUEPRINT ....:lol:
-
Cro, You raise a perfectly valid point...and whilst I was unable to make the Skirmish I can understand the grounds on which you have made your observations. That said, do we really want to allow anyone from HgAg to join Blueprint.... Don't weaken us with all the wooly cardingan wearing lamingtons...keep us strong, so we can squash those who try and threaten us. If they really want to join us, there is only a single solution...trash your HgAg and buy a blueprint. OK, before you start whinging that Blueprint is no more, I'm sure there are some second hand deals available...I for one, will be williing to part with my baby for offers over 95K :lol:
-
I'm compelled to use my powers for good, not evil ... sorry. But Gandalf, you may think that conjuring a spell to stop him is evil, but just thing of the GOOD it will do for the rest of us, who have to endure this onslaught.
-
And on the radio today, there was another speeding motorist clocked at 153 kmh on the M5, and he was arrested after crashing into traffic lights.
-
Is there any force on earth that will stop you Macka? :k24t: Does this mean Gandalf, that you are unable to conjure up a spell to stop him.... My opinion of you has been lowered :lol:
-
Two lepers playing cards. One chucks his hand in, and the other laughs his head off. Q. Why do Elephants paint their *beep* Red ? A. So they can hide in cherry trees Q. Have you ever seen an elephant hiding in a cherry tree ? A. Just shows how good their disguise is Q. What's the loudest noise in the jungle ? A. A giraffe eating cherries :lol:
-
I'm off to Boston on Thursday....2 weeks of summer...Don't know which is best, the summer, or the fact that I'm go to the US
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.