Jump to content

KrasH

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    872
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KrasH

  1. I was sitting in my house being bored so I decided to go for a drive past my dealership and guess what. It was the Canberra leg of the FORD 100 year anniversery. Luckily I had my digital camera in my car (was too lazy to take it out of the glovebox for about a 2 months) so I took some photos. This photo is of the 31st ford ever made, the Model A and tomorrow (4th August 2003) will be it's 100th birthday: Click Here Some information about the Model A: Click Here A picture of a very sexy coupe. Unfortunatly it would be almost impossible for me to fit in the thing: Click Here A panoramic photo of the Ford 100 years celebration at Gregory's in Canberra: Click Here Hires Image A Blood orange GT-P which is owned by the manager (I think) at Gregory's: Click Here Another view of the GT-P: Click Here This is a picture of a Mustang with some history. Basically it was in the first batch ever made. The cars in this batch were sent to larger dealers in the US for pre production evaluation: Click Here A pic of 2 capri's. One very very old, the other only old: Click Here Picture of the arse end of some classics: Click Here More pictures of some pretty classic cars. These circa 20's, 30's or thereabout: Click Here
  2. It was supposed to be in the Majura, about 4-5 km's from the airport.
  3. Hello all, Just thought I'd put a link to a petition to try and force the ACT Government to make a Dragway. They had this as an election promise but always seem to back down about it. Anyways the petition is at Canberra Street Cars. Would be great for some XR6T owners/dreamers etc to sign the petition online
  4. KrasH

    Service ?

    I went to John McGrath in Belconnen aswell but they didn't let me go for a test drive unless I put down a deposit aswell. John McGrath also said that I'd be lucky if I got an October delivery because all their XR6T slots were full. The salesman was also "we're not worried, if you cancel we sell them anyway" so I just said goodbye and went straight to Gregory's. They were quite good to me and I didn't ask for any discounts so I am paying full retail. they said that my car will be a September Build and last week the salesman said that they expected 1st/2nd week build (Ford Customer service said this is true aswell) which means maybe a mid to late September delivery which I can live with. I actually asked for a 26th September delivery to which they said they would try their best. But if I do get a delay I will really be pissed off and I will let them know about it I go in there screaming "I paid full retail, I expect full service". I guess only time will tell..
  5. What about the Matrix reloaded car chase scene. The amount of cars they total in this is bloody insane. I also liked the car/Crane chase scene in T3.
  6. Woohoo... About time for you. Maybe now you'll act more "sane" on these forums But I think that you'll be feeling and acting like a little kid "who's had too much fizzy drink" :D
  7. KrasH

    Xr Sales

    Good thing that I don't have a good memory then
  8. Looks like it's gonna be a race to see who get's their T first. I've also been told "Build 1st week of September" and 13FORD pretty much said this was so and said to ask the dealer about build times etc from now on. I recon that it's all Ken's fault
  9. KrasH

    Xr6t Vs Wrx

    As usual, selective reading. I didn't say that the XR6T handled better than the WRX. Read my post again (and again) and you will see that I said that from what I have read and heard the XR6T handling is impressive when compared to similar sized cars (ie the commy's, even XR8 etc). Last time I looked the WRX was a smaller car, atleast 300-400 kg lighter. If they could get the XR6T to handle better it'd be the most amazing engineering feat ever. I compared the R34 skyline GT-T the WRX because it's weight is within about 50kg of a WRX atleast and as I said before, I'd prefer traction control and HICAS over AWD anyday. But this is an XR6T Vs WRX discussion. The WRX does handle better. Lower it and it's an unbalanced peice of crap. Leave it factory it's a bloody dream to drive. I must say that I was impressed when driving one my cousin said "what are slowing down for the roundabout for?" and it did get me around nicely. I'm still waiting for my XR6T and looking forward to recieving it. Because for me it's the right type of car. It's bigger, has plenty of room and it has real potential. My pulsar SSS is fun to drive and handles pretty well (until the fronts loose grip though and you get "let's go straight city") but it was getting a little small for me (being 2m tall is a major disadvantage sometimes) and I need some turbo rush Oh yeah, I have to add this bit. A few years back when the WRX was available in it second incarnation a magazine did a review (don't remember which one) They got the "new" WRX and the orginal/first WRX to compare the times. the new one did well, but the older (1year old) one didn't fare to well.. Why, because the gearbox blew when they were doing the testing. was pretty funny to read.
  10. KrasH

    Rate Yourself

    Well let's see... a few years ago I would've rated my selfe as a 9/10 when I played daytona in the arcades nearly every second day. Now I rate myself as about a 7-8/10.
  11. KrasH

    Xr6t Vs Wrx

    I have to agree with bez. A while back a friend of bloke I know raced a WRX. His car is an Nissan R34 Skyline GT-T and ofcourse they come up to one round about at about 80km/h or so. They both get around. Come to the next roundabout at about 100km/h, the skyline made it, the wrx just powerslid all 4's and smashed into a gutter and coused some major damage. Personally I'd take traction control and 4WS (which the skyline has) over an AWD WRX anyday. Yes, just because you have a WRX doesn't mean your the next Schumacher. But in terms of XR6T Vs WRX I must say I wouldn't know which is better to handle. I have driven a WRX and yes it does seem stay on rails. It has AWD and is a small light car which does help. But I do think that traction control can be as effective in alot of situations. I haven't even turned on an XR6T let alone driven one. But from what I have read and heard the XR6T is impressive when compared to similar sized cars. The new commy's are still said to handle like boats. Oh well, I guess I'll find out soon enough.
  12. my sido is 448535.
  13. I'm getting psyched for you aswell... That's what I like about this forum.. You get a little down because the wait is weeks/months away but then you read about the latest T driver and it makes you feel a little more possitive I just hope it arrives before the 26th September, because I have to go up to nelson bay then. Would love to drive the T there for it's initiation. Although driving my Pulsar SSS isn't exactly a bad thing (benefit of a damn good sound system) the dealership would hate it if the Pulsar ends up going past the 100,000 mark because of this. They'll get less profit when they sell my trade-in.
  14. let's see if you notice that the petrol will actually cost 4c more than other places..
  15. Oh Ken, 2 more sleeps for you.. good onya.. around 60 more sleeps for me though (I hope) then I'll stop disecting the percentage of my life so far I am waiting and other stuff like that. I'm 30 years old in about 80 or so days (which adds to the problems).. I hope I get it before then, or else I'll go seriously insane. But I've waited for stuff before and survived.
  16. The only places I park in CIVIC are in the carparks infront of the courts next to the cop shop etc and in the multi storie car parks at the Canberra centre and on a big night out in a friends parking space in some appartments that are locked and secure . If I have to park somewhere else I make sure that it's near alot of traffic (pedestrian or otherwise) and not in a corner where no one can see it..
  17. KrasH

    Joke For Cro

    and don't forget, next door to a brothel..
  18. KrasH

    Premium Brakes

    You could always grease/oil the discs like someone I know did years and years ago... Don't laugh..basically oiled his discs, then drove, could not stop at some lights and finished in some bushes being stopped by a few shrub.. But seriously I've heard brake squealing from alot of falcons and commodores. Even my pulsar has some squeal, but that's after about 80,000 km's. Best way to get around it... Turn up the music
  19. KrasH

    It's Here

    I was also told by a bloke at 13FORD that dealers get their allocations 3 months in advance e.g. In March they get their numbers for June etc. Don't know how true this is though, cause you can't trust anyone in this game.
  20. True that the front end of the GTO looks crap, but I think the negitivity has more to do with the car not being "American Made" more than anything else.
  21. Ken, don't forget.. The cars not in your hands yet. Anything can still happen
  22. I've got one thing to say to you. Make them fix the gearbox or replace it. I had a sort of similar problem with my Pulsar SSS. Reverse wouldn't get in properly all the time from the beginning. They diagnosed and found no problem. The second gear skipping out was what started to happen after a about 2 years of ownership. It skipped out rarely at first on decelleration. I took it to a Nissan dealership to get it sorted. They tested the car and couldn't find a fault. Problem increases when I go to Sydney for a weeks or so. I get back and guess what. The warrenty period was over by a few weeks. Now they find the problem (when the warranty went out) and proceed to diagnose the problem by opening the box. This alone cost $450-500 in Labour. Then they find that a the second gear part of the main gear shaft was worn out because the fork/selector wasn't "square" on it's end and worn out. Boy was I pissed. Got it fixed (at a very cut down price thanks to nissan giving the parts and half the labour for nothing) and told them to go F#$K themselves and never been back to them ever. All in all, I should've been more of an A#?hole about it from the beginning. Anyways, the box got fixed and 1st started skipping out rarely from the start. After a few months of going back and forth they finally found that my engine mounts were saggy and a mount that "levels and aligns the motor" was not aligned properly. They fixed it and the gearbox hasn't had a problem since. Now it's the best Gearbox I've ever had in a car. Now I hope the XR6T I'm waiting for doesn't have these kinds of dramas.
  23. KrasH

    Joke For Cro

    I wouldn't be suprised if cro had some shoe stories ala Al Bundy from ...Married With Children
  24. Is that the Delorian from the Back to the Future movies?
  25. I don't think the dealer held back because of that. Most likely held it back because of allocation numbers. Ford probably say "we don't want it until it's your turn". But from the beginning I have always said that I need my T by the last weekend of September, the latest. I hope it does arrive by then but as always the expected build will most likely slip.
×
×
  • Create New...