-
Posts
781 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by trevs
-
about f*cking time ive been waiting nearly 3 years for the day to come now I reckon we will see heaps of zf boxes blow up while tuners get the hang of playing around
-
Bilsteins & Kings 520/310 Lbs Coils Who Has Tried This?
trevs replied to TURBO4LT's topic in Suspension and Handling
ive got 520/310 kings and bilstein shocks in my in car and to be honest I feel its still way to soft ive still got standard sway bars fitted untill the weekend when im gonna change the lower control arm bushes front and rear and also my ball joints have a bit of play in them so ill change all them over plus fitting 27mm front ,22mm rear sway bars in short id either go bigger spring rates ...... if I could find some ? anyone know who sells some or coilovers if I was to do it again ill post up how much better the car feels after doing all these things some time early next week trev -
thanks I wonder what diff having after market shocks fitted makes on top of this some interesting results so far I wish more ppl would start voting and also leave some feed back as to why they would or wouldnt use them again cheers trev
-
Will The 6 Speed Auto Automatically Upchange In Performance Mode.
trevs replied to Verve's topic in Falcon Utes (UTEopia)
in a bf the car upshifts in Performance Mode by its self unless you play around manualy changing gears in which case it will hit the rev limit its an easy fix to the make car shift again by its self by just putting it back into normal d mode and push it back across to Performance Mode again I cant see why an fg would be any diff trev -
Replacement Braided Turbo Oil Line On Ebay
trevs replied to jacob_xr6turbo's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
p clips any good electrical wholesale shop should have them or buy them from these guys http://www.larpro.com.au/larpro/category/135 only problem is they dont have credit cards facilities trev -
clean all the crap off your abs sensors trev
-
faulty wiring somewhere would be my guess id start with the wiring around the gearbox light and work my way back from their ,, check the bulb first and its fitting cheers trev
-
why you guys wanna put huge wheels on and make your car handle like sh*t and pay crap loads for decent tyres is beyond me
-
would the guys that vote please note what springs and shocks they had fitted also rims size since I know both these things can make major changes to ride comfort also cheers trev
-
cheers lets see what ppl think im keen to see befor I go putting mine in next week trev
-
well after reading this I dont know what to do ive got some front lower control arm bushes (Nolethane) and rear lower control arm bushes (white line ) which I wanted to get installed next week .......along with some new sway bars but f*ck I dont know what to do now HI PSI can I ask whats shocks and springs had you fitted who else has nolethane bushes installed lets start a poll I reckon can a mod please edit this topic and post a poll into it please cheers trev
-
bullsh*ting assholes is letting them scum bags off easy just driving past tempe tyres gives me the creeps :banghead:
-
yeah I just cut mine no problems so far on another note does anyone know if whiteline sway bars come wtih sway bar links in the box I should I buy new links for the front when I get them fitted or just use the old ford ones ? cheers trev
-
anyone know of any links to ba/bf workshop pm me please if so cheers trev
-
ok checked for bearing run out nothing , rotors are even ...... next week im getting the control arm bushes and ball joints changed along with some sway bars fitted if it still does it then it has to be the tyres or maybe one or two of my rims are out of round or something because ive tried putting the back tyres on the front any ideas anyone its really starting to piss me off big time ? cheers trev
-
good that's what ive got in my car still has a nice ride with bilstein shocks fitted
-
sounds about right I paid $280 for heavry duty kings springs $1050 for bilstein shocks and $250 install all up $1580 but it pays to shop around some places are dreaming with the qoutes I got one place wanted over a $1000 bucks to install it I laughed at them like on monday I was shopping around for sway bars pedders wanted $ 1900 bucks for two sway bars two lower ball joints and to replace the control arm bush incl parts instead I bought the upper and lower ball joints from a ford centre in melbourne 120 bucks delivered ,control arm bushes front and rear from auto pro $200 bucks sway bars from the guy who makes them for heasman suspension in taren point 27mm front 22mm rear $390 bucks =$710 + install guy who done my shocks and springs said less then 500 not bad since the control bushes are a *beep* of a job = 1210 and im getting more work done done the scum bag from pedders was doing for $690 bucks less cheers trev
-
yeah I know its always gonna be a boat but I may as well try and make it handle a bit better cheers trev
-
thanks guys 27mm,22mm it is so how much better will the car feel once this stuff is fitted anyway im guessing it should be much better even with just the new front and rear whiteline control arm bushes and ball joints done erko where can I buy the rose jointed end links....... and what do they do anyway cheers trev
-
[ but ive been told by a few places today like heasmans that im better putting off 27mm front and 22 rear on other wise my car will be to dangerous in the wet to drive on the street ?
-
hello all as above im over my car having the handling of a tugboat and have decided to get some sway bars fitted ive already got uprated lowered kings springs and bilstein shocks and although its better its still crap ive read many posts on here about sway bars but im still not sure what size is best for the street ? also do the whiltline sway bars come with all the needed bushes for fitting if not what else should I be buying ........ at the same time ill also be getting both the lower control arm bushes changed the caster and the rear one and also upper and lower ball joints changed since half these parts will be removed anyway and my car has 80000km on it I figure its only a matter of time befor they need replacement anyway any ideas on size and places to buy the sway bars and a round about price cheer trev
-
well after making many a phone call ive found the gearbox place that does both the local ford dealers rebuild work said the oil is about 50 bucks a litre $180 for the filter and less then 3 hours labour he said he was unsure about the amount of oil needed but said he does a lot of zf rebuilds for marine and also other car dealers in the area and by luck the zf tech and sales rep is one of his mates who he has lunch with every friday told me he will have a chat tomorrow about using Castrol Transmax Z oil instead of the ford stuff and give me a price for both options and also ask for a price on clutch packs out of interest cheers trev
-
ive got a feeling who ever masters rebuilds and a set price for a service on the zf is going to start making a heap of money as ive noticed a lot more cars starting to have gearbox issues of late it was only a matter of time regardless of how many tuners tell ppl how strong they are .......... im pretty sure mine is on its way out but no *beep* ive called wants to work on them in the wollongong area anyway ? unless somebody knows somewhere id rather do it myself then let some retard at ford have ago at it every time those fools touch the car they f*ck something up
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.