Jump to content

trevs

Member
  • Posts

    781
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by trevs

  1. yep its a game for meat heads
  2. trevs

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    im using Ferodo Formula pads ive noticed its getting worse at speed above 110 kph but its perfect below that you can feel it the most when just touching the brakes at about 115, 120 kph and at the same speed when really jumping on the brakes makes a weird noise too but the more it happens the more I think it has something to do with my cheap maxxis tyres maybe the heaps of sh*t are uneven or something ? any ideas befor I start pulling sh*t apart on the weekend im gonna remove the rotors clean behind them with some sand paper and file and check to see if they are wearing uneven or not maybe get the local brake centre to wack them on the lathe cheers trev
  3. I think my box is on the way out its still under ncw but only for about a month every now and then it makes a little bang sound and every few days if you put your foot down for full thotle it wont down shift but once you lift your foot off it does and then over revs the engine any ideas guys what could cause this ? its got 85000km on it maybe a oil change I would have done this early but ford charge to much and if I went after market my ncw was void how would ford even check the gearbox anyway im almost temped to say to ford service ill pay for an oil in the hope of when they drain it they realize the box in rooted any ideas on the cost of a rebuild if it sh*ts itself after my ncw is finnished somewhere in wollongong or sydney would be good cheers trev
  4. trevs

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    out of interest at what speed are most ppl getting brake shuddering ive got dba slotted 4000 and its returned but only above about 115kph can cheap maxxis tyres cause what feels like brake shudder . besides rotors ,tyres and wheel bearings what else should I be checking to solve this problem its really giving me the sh*ts its not like I drive like a nutter everyday cheers trev
  5. thanks mate but even though the Falken RT215 are a great tyre ive been doing a large amount of kms a week lately driving to work and a crap load of those days in heavy rain . having used these tyres befor as good as they are in the dry they are hopeless in the wet once they have a few thousand km on them cheers trev
  6. thanks Iconic Bionic just a few questions (1) ive found putting high pressure in the front makes the steering feel lite does anybody notice this also to much in the back makes its way to ass happy even 38psi ive found is to much though I will say it seems to get rid of a large amount of tyre roll (2) what caster,camber and toe are ppl with bilsteins and kings running (3) how much of a diff will sway bars make is it really worth it cheers trev
  7. thanks I was thinking of also putting 245/40 17 on next time I only went cheap maxis this time because of work I drive over cattle grids everyday and some sh*ty ruff roads and I didnt want to stuff up good tyres after taking the 5th nail out of one of my tyres this weekend im happy I went cheap but my current jobs gonna be finnished soon so I can put something better on next time trev
  8. so what did you end up getting im up for a new pair in the next few weeks and I want something good so I can really test out my bilsteins and up rated springs also what tyre pressure is best to run front and back on 17inch rims cheers trev
  9. thanks for the reply ill order the parts on tuesday I hope I can get them befor the end of the week or even better somewhere local has them in stock allready
  10. a few pics from work
  11. hello all im getting new shocks and springs fitted next week from bob jane and im thinking I may as well get the Front inner lower arm bush done at the same time bob jane said they want about 220 bucks to fit shocks and springs but how much extra do you guys think it will cost to fit Front inner lower arm bush also who has fitted the (Superpro Part No. SPF1838K) one or am I better just putting the ford one back in cheers guys trev
  12. im keen for a fuel pump reckon you would be able to sell me one buy the end of next week ..... in the mean time any ideas where I can get some fuel hose for the job cheers trev
  13. cool might call a around tomorrow and get a few qoutes on install costs
  14. is it worth while fitting Valve Springs in a bf mk1 if only keen for around 300rwkw ?
  15. im no tuner and im aware every car is diff but that much power with standard injectors cant be good id be getting it fixed asap befor you need a rebuild post up your dyno print out if you have it because I wouldnt be surprised the reason your car has this problem now is the tuner has flooded your engine from about 3000rpm with fuel to try and give a bit more top end power higher in the rev range when your injectors where maxed out ...... more than likely a plug change would make the problem go away for a few days or weeks untill it returns that is unless your fuel pump is also maxed out either way take it back to who ever tuned it and get them to do the job right trev
  16. reading this statement makes me think your are still using standard injectors (Any ideas, I was thinkin mayb injectors and fuel pump and a retune..) and if that is the case with that sort of power your crazy and your tuner is an idoit id be flash tuning my car back to factory befor it blows up the engine cheers trev
  17. ive only got a standard exhaust will this cat help me get over the 300rwkw mark assuming all my other mods are up to it and i get a retune
  18. I dont think its oval enough in shape for it to leak heres a few pics but do you reckon the fact its a bit smaller than 2.5 inch im better off getting a reducer/joiner and just putting some vaseline on it and making it fit
  19. even so engine can crank at an almost normal speed with an almost dead battery but the voltage drop across the battery will cause the cars computer and sensors to operate outside their designed voltage inturn causing the starting issues same as high rpm under load if the batterys on the way out it can cause problems as well not saying its the first thing id look at but worth a look
  20. fuel filter first but if that dont fix it check your battery because if its on the way out it can cause the problems you are talking about and the fact you said its slow to start after sitting for a few days makes me think that may be the cause of your problems trev
  21. thanks Rapid ok so after finding my tape measure my capa cooler seems to have an in between size bigger than 2.25 inch and smaller than 2.5 inch doesnt help since neither of the pipes are round more oval in shape reckon the 2.5 inch ones should be fine do you think even if its a bit the lose the clamp should still keep it airtight I guess what do you reckon I should do cheers trev
  22. cheers dude but will that fit back on to my intercooler since its only still the factory size opening
×
×
  • Create New...