Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast, NSW
Posted

Hey Boys,

Im new in town, just took delivery of a Toxic 06 BFII XR6 N/A and I feel like an 10 year old on christmas day. :w00t2: Came with a fair bit of kit at a good price which makes it even better. Just have a couple of questions for some of you more enlightened folk.

Maybe Im not searching hard enough, but I haven't been able to find out what the BFII XR6's have that the BFI's dont.

Also, the car is less than 3 years old and has 39km's on the clock, however the log book is missing it's 15,000km service stamp. It does have it's 3,000 and 30,000 though. Anyone know if I might run into any troubles should it require repairs under warranty?

The following pics are the result of a full bottle of polish and a full can of elbow grease. I think it was worth it.

It's fully stock mate, but hopefully not for long :msm:

post-33686-1235293689_thumb.jpg

post-33686-1235293725_thumb.jpg

post-33686-1235293785_thumb.jpg

post-33686-1235293835_thumb.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

:stupid:

dont they come stock with a 6 speed? not sure what the availability of the 6 speed was on the BFs all I know is mine aint got one, probably some expensive option. I also thought they had a slightly different wheel but the one in your pics seems to be the same as mine.

car looks quite nice. will look even better once you get started.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Port Macquarie
Posted

My BF2 07 is a 4spd auto so it's not that.

The ones built after something like June 2007 have stronger engine internals.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 3m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Blackburn, VIC
Posted

Welcome mate!

I too have a MKII BF and my understanding is that there actually is no difference. You could say that the MKIIs are an updated version from the MKIs, basically all the little kinks that were wrong inthe MKIs have been altered.

I havnt come across anyone who has noticed a significant difference between a MKI or II. However, it is generally thought that MKIIs are 'better' than the MKIs.

Hope that helps. Enjoy the car!

Vebbers

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

That green is a wicked colour, congrats on your purchase.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

that colour looks sic with black spoke rims

  • Three pedals are better then two..
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 4m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Welcome 2 the site mate. Looks good but did you know they come with turbos?

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Central Coast, NSW
Posted

Haha yeah I know, I so wanted the turbo but just couldn't justify the extra expense. I picked this one up for 20,500 so would have been a fair jump in price for an equilavent turbo.

And it had to be in Toxic which made it even harder to find.

Last car was a Vectra so the N/A feels prety quick, can only imagine what the turbo must feel like.

So it sounds like the only diff between a BF I and II is the badge on the back then lol, unless it was built after June 07.

Yeah rims are deff high on the list. Im liking the BBoss Eleanor's, prob go the 19"s. Or the BF Typhoon rims.

Been thinking about exhaust too, dont want to spend a whole lot just for a few extra Kw's but. Preference is sound before power, all bark and not as much bite.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...