Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 21d
Posted

My BF XR6T (1500kms) is going in for its "complimentary service" on Thursday.

The service manager at the dealer is happy for me to supply my own oil.

Of the two oils, which would you recommend Castrol Edge 0W40 or 10W60?

Also should I ask them to flush the engine before adding the new oil?

And, should I accept the standard ford filter or ask for another type?

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Because of the 10... its closest to the recommended specs

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

I have found it impossible to get an aftermarket Oil Filter for an F6 and had to go motorcraft......

Any suggestions from anyone other than Tab.....

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 27d
Posted
My BF XR6T (1500kms) is going in for its "complimentary service" on Thursday.

The service manager at the dealer is happy for me to supply my own oil.

Of the two oils, which would you recommend Castrol Edge 0W40 or 10W60?

Also should I ask them to flush the engine before adding the new oil?

And, should I accept the standard ford filter or ask for another type?

" Also should I ask them to flush the engine before adding the new oil? "

????????????????????????????? :stirthepot:

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

that's what the drain plug is for, if they drain it properly there won't be much oil to worry about. Besides, the oil is only 1500km old...

  • They see me rolllin n hatin...
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Sorry to go off topic here but does any1 here use Shell Ultra 5w40 oil and what they think of it ? And also how many liters do our engines take at normal oil change? About to change my oil soon nearly got 6k on the clock. Thanks

Russ

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I have heard bad things about Shell oil... I would recommend Magnatec over that stuff and its heaps cheaper. The BF T takes approx 6.6L

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...