xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 22/08/05 04:34 AM Posted 22/08/05 04:34 AM We may of found a way to load the Typhoon program into the XR6T with the only difference being the standard tune and the IC.... We will be testing this over the next week... I will let you know...jeff
leonb Member 93 Member For: 22y 10m 11d Location: South oz Posted 22/08/05 06:51 AM Posted 22/08/05 06:51 AM sounds good hopfully its all sweet, id be interested for sure
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 22/08/05 06:55 AM Posted 22/08/05 06:55 AM We may of found a way to load the Typhoon program into the XR6T with the only difference being the standard tune and the IC.... We will be testing this over the next week... I will let you know...jeff<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sure you're not forgetting the individual camshaft timing? I don't recall the standard T getting that. I have a feeling limp mode is heading your way .....Be interesting though ... I'm sure you'll keep us posted.
bkofoed Member 90 Member For: 23y 6m 17d Posted 22/08/05 07:59 AM Posted 22/08/05 07:59 AM Any additional benefits over a good 8/10psi custom tune?I.e. do we get rev beeper etc? BK
xlr8ed Phantom lives Member 1,417 Member For: 22y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: who knows Posted 22/08/05 08:09 AM Author Posted 22/08/05 08:09 AM We may of found a way to load the Typhoon program into the XR6T with the only difference being the standard tune and the IC.... We will be testing this over the next week... I will let you know...jeff<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sure you're not forgetting the individual camshaft timing? I don't recall the standard T getting that. I have a feeling limp mode is heading your way .....Be interesting though ... I'm sure you'll keep us posted.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>It was there but was never driven by the ECU in that way...
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Location: Mildura Posted 22/08/05 08:11 AM Posted 22/08/05 08:11 AM Sounds good Jeff, Keep us posted. How do you plan on doing it. eg have you been able to hack into the SCT flasher. I'd certainly be interested if the price is right.macka
macka'sxr6t Member 1,480 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Location: Mildura Posted 22/08/05 08:14 AM Posted 22/08/05 08:14 AM We may of found a way to load the Typhoon program into the XR6T with the only difference being the standard tune and the IC.... We will be testing this over the next week... I will let you know...jeff<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sure you're not forgetting the individual camshaft timing? I don't recall the standard T getting that. I have a feeling limp mode is heading your way .....Be interesting though ... I'm sure you'll keep us posted.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>It was there but was never driven by the ECU in that way...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>As far I am aware all the hardware is in place for the camshaft timing to happen but the PCM is not programmed to make it happen.Hope it works out Jeff macka
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 22/08/05 08:47 AM Posted 22/08/05 08:47 AM Would be intresting to see the results with the cams being independantly controlled
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 2d Posted 24/08/05 01:48 AM Posted 24/08/05 01:48 AM Depending on the price, this may just be the best value for money power upgrade yet.I bet there'll be a number of stock T's that would be interested in this.
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 24/08/05 02:00 AM Posted 24/08/05 02:00 AM Wouldn't there be an issue with the auto box? It could only be used on a MKII 6 speed right?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now