Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 9d
Posted (edited)

On Saturday, I had four runs with a CV8 Monaro III (245kW/460Nm) on a private road, rolling starts at approx 70-80kms (mine and his both manual cars)

Run 1 - Monaro boy cheated and floored it before we got to the count of three. I reeled him in within seconds and flew passed him.

Run 2 - We went again, I absolutely CANED him. (he then came up with the excuse "Oh I forgot to turn off my traction control!" So I said "OK"

Run 3 - Was goin well, missed the 2-3 change, (my mistake) :smilielol: he managed to pull about 2 car lengths on me but within moments I was back beside him and then just sailing past him!!

Run 4 - From 70km/h. We both floored it, and by the time we were at about 160 he was a good 4-5 car lengths behind.

All in all, I was damned happy considering there was three guys in my car, 3/4 of a tank of fuel AND my car has done only 3800kms :ermm:

Ross

Edited by Ford_Power
  • Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: BrisVegas
Posted
On Saturday, I had four runs with a CV8 Monaro III (245kW/460Nm) on a private road, rolling starts at approx 70-80kms (mine and his both manual cars)

Run 1 - Monaro boy cheated and floored it before we got to the count of three. I reeled him in within seconds and flew passed him.

Run 2 - We went again, I absolutely CANED him. (he then came up with the excuse "Oh I forgot to turn off my traction control!" So I said "OK"

Run 3 - Was goin well, missed the 2-3 change, (my mistake) :ermm: he managed to pull about 2 car lengths on me but within moments I was back beside him and then just sailing past him!!

Run 4 - From 70km/h. We both floored it, and by the time we were at about 160 he was a good 4-5 car lengths behind.

All in all, I was damned happy considering there was three guys in my car, 3/4 of a tank of fuel AND my car has done only 3800kms :ermm:

Ross

Onya Rosco,

Way ta go boy... :smilielol:

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted

Ah, :ermm: ... just warms the cockles of me art it does ... :smilielol:

:ermm:

  • FG Falcon fan!
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
Run 2 - We went again, I absolutely CANED him. (he then came up with the excuse "Oh I forgot to turn off my traction control!" So I said "OK"

I doubt that a Monaro would break traction at 70kmh+ what a lame excuse he gave...

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

Well done Ross, now where are those Morono's hiding?

Scotty

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11d
Posted (edited)

In who's T? You need to update your car details if it is yours. Any mods on the T?

Impressive effort though.

Edited by wag
  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 9d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted

Great result, impressed and a little suprised you wiped his arse that easily.

But what l really want to know is where are all these private roads, especially ones suitable for drag racing? :blink:

  • Team Kickass
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albion Park, NSW
Posted
Great result, impressed and a little suprised you wiped his arse that easily.

But what l really want to know is where are all these private roads, especially ones suitable for drag racing? :clap:

:blink:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 9d
Posted

Wag: It's my T. No mods... however, I should point out that it was a 6 degree night here in Perth with a little fog. The T LOVES the freezing air!! :spoton:

Ross

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

My last run on Saturday night was against a Monaro, I believe it was a standard CV8. Below is a the result.

Monaro on the left difference in the middle and me on the right. The leading car has an asteriks.

I wasn't actually racing the car next to me as I was trying for PB's hence the slow RT.

Reaction Time

0.6161 *---0.9549----1.5710

60 foot

2.5549*---0.4262----2.0262

330 foot

6.4127----0.0503---*5.4075

660 foot

9.5527----0.4372---*8.1606

660 mph

79.11-----------------88.64

1000 foot

12.2535----0.7749---*10.5237

ET

14.5562----1.0941---*12.5072

mph

98.23-------------------114.71

Thiswas one of the last runs for the night as the track was getting slippery. I had wheel spin at 5000rpm in first and hit the limiter. This was due to the cold air causing dew or similar.

The bloke in the monaro was very surprised at the speed I went past him at. :spoton:

Geea. :glad:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...