Guest PhilH Guests Posted 03/11/03 11:13 AM Posted 03/11/03 11:13 AM Some weeks ago I mentioned that the procedure in my manual for disabling the seat belt minder didn't work.Last night I found the following on fordmods.com and it certainly works on mine, not sure if Ford changed the procedure at some point and didn't update the printed manaual or what, but here it is in the hope it may be useful to someone else.The seatbelt minder option can be set/disabled using the following procedure,1) Buckle the seatbelt2) Turn the Ignition switch to the On position, without starting the engine.3) Press and hold the Hazard Switch4) Whilst the Hazard switch is depressed, Unbuckle, then buckle the seatbelt5) Release the Hazard light switch
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 03/11/03 08:47 PM Posted 03/11/03 08:47 PM Thanks heaps for that mate, I have been discussing exactly the same thing with a couple of other members on the weekend. I thought the reason I couldn't get it to work was that I had consumed too much Bourbon! :doh2:
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/11/03 07:24 AM Posted 04/11/03 07:24 AM :lol:
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Location: Geelong Posted 04/11/03 10:03 AM Posted 04/11/03 10:03 AM :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guest underpsi Guests Posted 05/11/03 04:19 AM Posted 05/11/03 04:19 AM That is sweet! Currently the only way to do it on American cars is via the dealer. Have to hook the WDS to the car to disable that. I'm going to try it out on a new Mustang, just to see if it works.
SJW Member 122 Member For: 23y 1m 9d Location: Brisbane QLD Posted 05/11/03 06:47 AM Posted 05/11/03 06:47 AM What about the petrol warning sounds ?Is there any way to turn all or some of them off . They come on at 80, 40 , 20 and 0?
BA_Turbs Member 836 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Gender: Male Posted 05/11/03 01:13 PM Posted 05/11/03 01:13 PM Does doing the procedure again turn the alarm back on? I'll do it on the work cars when I drive them if I can turn it back on afterwards!Also, can I tak the " :lol: :lol: :lol: " to mean that this actually works?
bloan Member 379 Member For: 23y 2m 25d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne. Posted 05/11/03 03:34 PM Posted 05/11/03 03:34 PM Have tried this & yes it does work but you have to redo it every time before you restart again (unless I am doing something wrong)?
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 05/11/03 09:47 PM Posted 05/11/03 09:47 PM One question.Why would you.
Guest PhilH Guests Posted 06/11/03 12:30 AM Posted 06/11/03 12:30 AM Have tried this & yes it does work but you have to redo it every time before you restart again (unless I am doing something wrong)? Hmmm, odd, mine was certainly a one off change. I haven't tried, but the same instructions are supposed to re-activate the alarm again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now