Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 12d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

NOt sure if I am Putting this in the right section.Anyway

I have been putting optimax in most of the time the price difference between regular and optimax is normally 10 cents a litre. Went to Bp today as was running low the price difference for there premium petrol was only four cents a litre. It looks like shell have put a higher markup on their optimax to cover the coles dockest everybody uses(four cent discount) what do u guys think . :angry:

  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 9m 15d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)

I think your probably right "the old mark up and discount trick" (maxwell smart voice) I paid 1.05 per litre :thumbsup: the other day but it seems it was the same everywhere BTW I use Optimax

Edited by Kato
  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Stang just FYI:

Standard ULP = 91RON

Premium ULP = 95-96 RON

Optimax, Ultimate, etc =98 RON

The BP near my place has ULP,PULP@+4c and Ulitmate @+9c

I forget the branded names for all the super ULP, but Optimax should not be more than 9c p/l more than ULP. BP, Caltex and Mobil all have their own names for the same Super ULP that is 98 RON.

According to APS Optimax is the only fuel we should be using in our cars as Optimax is the only different fuel compared to the othe Super ULP's on the market.

If you are just driving normally around town use the BP PULP and you will be fine, but if you have any power upgrades or are planning on running some 1/4 mile times stick to optimax :thumbsup:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

its getting to the stage where I think I might start running 95 R.O.N as the optimax is getting to dear its like they had it cheap to develop a market for it and now there ripping us off know that they have us.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

My motorbike runs a high compression as standard and the only fuel that would stop the bike pinging was Mobil 8000. This was also the fuel the bikeshop told me to use.

Just have to be carefull not to put in Mobil premium which is only 95RON.

I know there's a write up on fuels in a magazine recently, just can;t remember which one. :thumbsup:

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I always prefered the BP Ultimate, It always felt better than Optimax.

I think the Optimax statement was the only thing I did not agreed with APS on, when they said that at C&V. Optimax was full of sulpher and left black crap all over the back of my car near the exhaust. I have the choice of either Shell or BP as they are both within 200m of my house. I feel sorry for people who do not even get 98RON due to their location.

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 5d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

Is BP Ultimate 95 0r 98 RON, I was always under the impression it was the same as the Mobil at 95? :ta:

  • zeke
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 11d
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

BP premium unleaded = 95 RON

BP Ultimate = 98 RON.

I always use ultimate but doubt if I could pick any difference anyway.

zeke

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted

Hmmm l've only ever tried Shell Optimax and Mobil 8000...never tried BP Ultimate, must try it one day and see the difference.

I know that Shell Optimax performs much better in my car....who knows :thumbsup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...