Gearbox swap

ULLCEE

• INFAMOUS
  • Member For: 5y 2m 9d

Hi guys sorry just after some info on my daily na ba xr6 I've just chucked a second hand btr in and for some reason park and drive keep flashing on dash and Speedo not working,could low fluid cause this issue as I'm getting no fault codes,I've message oldmate I bought it off as I'm not too sure how much fluid was in it before I filled it with 4 litres.

When running through the gears on stands the wheels spin forwards and backwards but on the ground doesn't move at all but yeah it still flashes on the dash and the Speedo issue any help would be appreciated as I don't want to drive my turbo to work cheers

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 2y 29d

I'd unplug a couple of solenoids or sensors off your gearbox, force it to throw some codes and make sure you can read them when they are there. Looks like people squeeze 10L of oil into the 4 speed when it's been emptied. With 6L old oil + 4L new you can't go wrong tipping a bit out and making sure it's not too lumpy.

• INFAMOUS

Cheers guys for your input I just got a reply from oldmate whome I bought the box off and he said he fully drained the box and converter so there is only 4 litres of oil in there atm maybe a possibility that could be the issue?🤦 but would that cause the gears to flash and the Speedo to not work?

• INFAMOUS

Soz for late reply it was the abs fuse was blown,changed it and it fixed the issue.I thought it was due to turning the pressure up for harder shifts as I sent it one too many turns 🤣