Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/05/04 09:34 AM Posted 02/05/04 09:34 AM We test drove a ute last week that had a terrible whine at exactly 100km/h. Welcome to my world!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 02/05/04 11:21 AM Posted 02/05/04 11:21 AM Adam,Have you had any luck with diff replacement under warranty - as I was about to attempt this next week. At this stage you can only notice it on quiet roads with the stereo down low, but I'm sure that it will be getting progressively worse.My main concern is that I will go through the same as my parents with their pajero - four diff replacements in 18 months, final solution was to upgrade to the current model.Trent.
bdennis Brendan Dennis Member 750 Member For: 23y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 02/05/04 09:46 PM Posted 02/05/04 09:46 PM Adam,Have you had any luck with diff replacement under warranty - as I was about to attempt this next week. At this stage you can only notice it on quiet roads with the stereo down low, but I'm sure that it will be getting progressively worse.My main concern is that I will go through the same as my parents with their pajero - four diff replacements in 18 months, final solution was to upgrade to the current model.Trent. Tab,Mate... If the only issue you have is a slight wine at 100K with the radio down I would not bother. You may get one that is worse.. The issue is noise transfer (so I'm told). Wait a while and see if Ford come up with a perminant fix before you go looking for a replacement. Also, if you do get a replacement.. Make sure they have the tail shaft ballancer on hand (only one in Ford for NSW / Vic/ Tas so not easy to get.... I waited 8 weeks post diff replacement )To the Ute boys.. I stand corrected...
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 5d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 02/05/04 11:09 PM Author Posted 02/05/04 11:09 PM Have my 3rd one on order after 15k service last week. Should be getting it in the next couple of weeks.Found out something interesting however, the diffs are graded from 1 to 10, 10 being the best etc. They have ordered me a grade 10 diff which means it has been inspected by hand and checked over. The grading means that as they are assembled by machines sometimes the marking points don't always marry up etc. Getting a higher grade obviously means it's one of the better ones off the line.Finally getting some actin after writing a letter to ford. Does'nt mean it will get fixed though Getting tailshft balanced at same time, Finally, Fingers crossed!
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 1d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 02/05/04 11:17 PM Posted 02/05/04 11:17 PM Its interesting that the diffs are graded from 1 to 10 JB. While its not unusual for a grading system to be in place, l wonder who gets the 1's? How bloody bad would one of those be
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/05/04 11:23 PM Posted 02/05/04 11:23 PM Adam,Have you had any luck with diff replacement under warranty - as I was about to attempt this next week. At this stage you can only notice it on quiet roads with the stereo down low, but I'm sure that it will be getting progressively worse.My main concern is that I will go through the same as my parents with their pajero - four diff replacements in 18 months, final solution was to upgrade to the current model.Trent. Not yet. I'm into my 10th week of waiting for the replacement to turn up! Another 3 weeks to go I'm told!
JB Forum Superhero Legacy Donating Member 3,109 Member For: 22y 10m 5d Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico Posted 02/05/04 11:30 PM Author Posted 02/05/04 11:30 PM Test drive mine Mondie and you will see how bad the grade 1 is :lol: Mate I don't know what to believe any more, I get told different things by different people, but everyone seems to be sticking to this grading theory.My only suggestion to anyone from my experience, is get your dealer to speak to the suplliers. If they order it through normal chanels you could get anything, as they are ordered ONLINE! basically tick a box!
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 1d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 03/05/04 05:01 AM Posted 03/05/04 05:01 AM Hope you get it sorted JB.Mine goes in for asseessment by the Ford engineer on Thursday so will let you know how l get on.
Guest turbo21 Guests Posted 10/05/04 12:52 PM Posted 10/05/04 12:52 PM hi guys, this all sounds bad!! I picked up my car last friday, it makes a slight clunk sort of noise when changing gears (on some occassions - ie. mainly when releasing clutch - especially at low speeds). I don't know much on the mechanical side of things, so was just wondering is this a normal issue with the manuals and their drive lines, or is this the diff??? thanks guysfrank
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m 1d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 10/05/04 01:04 PM Posted 10/05/04 01:04 PM hi guys, this all sounds bad!! I picked up my car last friday, it makes a slight clunk sort of noise when changing gears (on some occassions - ie. mainly when releasing clutch - especially at low speeds). I don't know much on the mechanical side of things, so was just wondering is this a normal issue with the manuals and their drive lines, or is this the diff??? thanks guysfrank Hi mate,You definitley are another victim of Fords pox arse cheap driveline. See this thread for more discussion;http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...opic=10276&st=0
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now