18x9.5 +27

BloodBAute

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

If it's low, not a chance; you'll need major guard work. If it's high (stock height etc) and never gets too much suspension travel, it might clear with 18's but will still need reasonable guard work to clear on reasonable suspension travel... 9's are bloody hard to fit on the front of a B-series falcon, let alone 9.5's haha. +27 is 28.6mm more poke and you've only got about 15mm to the guard with stock rims.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=40&diameter=17&wheelwidth=8&offset=36.5&width2=245&aspect2=35&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=9.5&offset2=27

you've got about 9mm of clearance on the inside, and this moves it 9.5mm closer to the suspension strut, so it's likely something will foul on the inside, too... +26 is better, +25 will definitely clear (the inside, not the outside).

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 10m 12d

Thought I would post this here as my situation is similar. I have new wheels for the ute, a BF 2.

18 x 9.5 +12 fronts

18 x 11 +12 rears

Assuming guard work and ride height will be fixed to suit, will I be able to run 40 profile tyres and if yes, what width.

Or will I have to run 35's

More specifically will they clear the inside wishbone etc

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 10d

18x9.5+12 will easily clear on the inside, plus you can run whatever profile/width tyre will fit... as long as you're willing to do tons of guard work. (as compared to factory rims, the front will be 5.5mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 43.6mm more than the factory rims, e.g. https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=40&diameter=17&wheelwidth=8&offset=36.5&width2=245&aspect2=35&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=9.5&offset2=12)

I don't have the measurements for the spacing from factory for a ute rear on me, so I don't know if the rear will fit, but in general huge width rims fit on the rear no worries for utes, especially with guard work.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 6y 10m 12d

Thanks Keith, That’s good news.

Rear guards are already done.

Fronts have been rolled but not pumped. I wanted to use 265/40 fronts so now that I know they’ll clear inside I can start looking at tyres. 
Cheers mate