turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 7d Gender: Male Posted 28/03/04 08:01 AM Posted 28/03/04 08:01 AM OwnaXR6T, A moded box in good conditon your looking at around $1000 provided nothing other than the friction materials are replaced. Once you have stuffed the box up you just dont know what needs to get replaced. Remember once heaps of friction material and metal bits have gone thru the box it also goes thru the torque converter and makes the clean up and repair all the more expensive.If your going to power up, you really must do something with the box. There is no point trashing that perfectly good box when there is something that can be done to keep it together longer.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 9d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 28/03/04 08:08 AM Posted 28/03/04 08:08 AM Yeah, I am attending to my Trans problems now, im going into C&V next saturday and they will be discussing the Trans upgrades and when they can be fitted to my car.I believe the mods im getting later are quite extensive and most of the work might consist of the modifications of the oil passages. I already have a decent size cooler, and I believe my auto is still in good condition.Ill let you know what the quote I get is and whats involved. Cheers.
turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m 7d Gender: Male Posted 29/03/04 01:10 AM Posted 29/03/04 01:10 AM I read the latest street machine and it gave me the impression (I think I read it correctly) that C & V dont do their own auto trans work that another specialist trans mob do it. I wonder whether the mag reported this correctly.OwnaXR6T. Get as much info about the mods as you can. From my experience alot of workshops make out that something is difficult and time consuming to do just to justify what they charge. The oil passage mods in my opinion are rellatively easy to do, but seemed complex to me in the beginning. C & V (or their trans specialist) have proven they have the toughest trans yet so they are the people to go to. Just interested to know exactly what they do and for how much.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 29/03/04 01:30 AM Posted 29/03/04 01:30 AM C & V (or their trans specialist) have proven they have the toughest trans yet so they are the people to go to. Just interested to know exactly what they do and for how much. If I can remember correctly, I think C&V get Northwood Auto's to do their trans? Its North something anyway, very well known in drag racing circles.I think my brain was full after the presentation. Not everything that went in stayed in!I can vouch for Northwood's trans, the burnout that the Blood Orange XR did afterwards was
trbo 6 Member 230 Member For: 22y 7m 6d Gender: Male Posted 29/03/04 02:04 AM Posted 29/03/04 02:04 AM I've heard by putting a Expensive Daewoo solenoid in place of the ford, it also increases the line pressures for a better shift.My auto is fine under full throttle but at half throttle it seems to get confused and surge slightly before selcting the gear. I've got the APS phase II kit, with the auto cooler going in this week, hopefully this will fix some of my problem.
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Location: Canberra Posted 29/03/04 02:31 AM Posted 29/03/04 02:31 AM C&V use Northmead auto for all their transmission work. CRD also use Northmead from time to time.Personally I'm still looking forward to what APS manage to come up with as I'm sure it will be a well engineered reliable solution as always.Thanks,Kris.
Guest Big Mick Guests Posted 29/03/04 02:38 AM Posted 29/03/04 02:38 AM I've heard by putting a Expensive Daewoo solenoid in place of the ford, it also increases the line pressures for a better shift.My auto is fine under full throttle but at half throttle it seems to get confused and surge slightly before selcting the gear. I've got the APS phase II kit, with the auto cooler going in this week, hopefully this will fix some of my problem. trbo 6, Have you had the valve body modifications done to your auto?
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 9d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 29/03/04 02:41 AM Posted 29/03/04 02:41 AM I read the latest street machine and it gave me the impression (I think I read it correctly) that C & V dont do their own auto trans work that another specialist trans mob do it. I wonder whether the mag reported this correctly. That is correct and they openly admitted that at the APS day. The Trans guy was pressent at the event.But I don't believe we will be getting these upgrades much cheaper from the source, and I think most of the costs involved regarding these Trans mods is all the development that has gone into them and testing ect.I bet most of C & V's sales regarding the Transmission will be comming from here so im sure they won't charge unnecersarally or it will hurt their sales.But thanks for your info and tips regarding the trans mods, your expertise is appreciated.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 29/03/04 07:59 AM Author Posted 29/03/04 07:59 AM :banghead: I got a call from my service manager today. He had a drive of my car and there happened to be a BTR engineer there aswell who also had a drive. He told me that they both thought the box was buggered. I said "no sh*t" :lol: . He told me a NEW AUTO TRANS would be installed tomorrow. I thought while I'm on a roll I'll check what was going to happen with my windscreen whistle. Guess what? Its getting fixed tomorrow aswell. I must have the best service department in Melbourne. Every problem I've had has been delt with to my satisfaction very promtly. If anyone isn't happy with their service department try NEW OAK FORD they are great.I'm so bloody happy right now. Geea.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 29/03/04 08:04 AM Author Posted 29/03/04 08:04 AM Now I have a question for the more technical among us. With a brand new trans should I go ahead with a major strengthening of the box for $1500 or should I get the APS upgrade? I intend to get the bigger injectors and free flow cat which will enable me to run 11-12psi. I believe this should be good for 300ish rwkw's. I'm happy to get the more expensive mod if nessecary but I'm also happy to go with the APS mods if it will do the job.And by the way. I'm still really happy. :banghead: Geea.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now