01txr Member 861 Member For: 19y 8m 19d Gender: Male Location: QLD Posted 21/04/21 03:45 AM Posted 21/04/21 03:45 AM Ive just recieved my vclamp 6boost maniflod to suit my new g35-1050. In comparing it to my TO4z split T4 manifold (Taz?, purchased from Hi Torque some years ago), the 6boost has 42mm od tube and the Taz has 48mm od tube. The head flange on the 6boost tapers down smaller to suit tube ID, wear as the taz manifold is consistant size. Also without looking, Im sure I opened the exhaust ports up a little and this may make the reduction worst once I match port the flange. Im Thinking the big tube would be better for hp. Whats everyones thoughts? Are the small tubes better for air speed hence quicker spool response? Will the small tube restrict top end hp? Is anyone running a g35-1050 6boost combo? How have you found it?
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 3d Gender: Not Telling Posted 21/04/21 08:25 AM Posted 21/04/21 08:25 AM I've made over 900whp with a 6boost. I suppose some back pressure testing is needed to see where it becomes a restriction. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now