XRT330 Member 135 Member For: 22y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/03/04 01:18 AM Posted 10/03/04 01:18 AM Hi TURBO4LTI have a Phase II thinking of going to a Phase III in the future. What RWKWS did you end up with on the Dyno?After driving the car how does the gearbox feel ? Do you think it will last with that much power? Did you get the clutch upgraded as well?CheersAhiles
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 10/03/04 02:37 AM Author Posted 10/03/04 02:37 AM At least I dont have worry about comming up against a aps cars in NSW :lol:Unless it's an orange sedan with C&V stickers on it! :lol: Be scared, be very, very scared! ooops forgot about that beast, think Ill pass on that one
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 10/03/04 02:43 AM Author Posted 10/03/04 02:43 AM trbo6Got a quick question for the guys with the APS III kit. How many K's would you do a week. Are you driving the car on a regular basis or is it just a toy you bring out when you want. And how many K's had you done before PHase III. Reason I ask is I do 1000K's a week with Phase II and want to go Phase three but am having second thoughts about reliability especially because of surging from the auto. Ive only done 1500km since I had it fitted and was at 14000km before fitting, and probably would only do about 300km per week normally. I dont see why it would affect reliabilty as long as you address the transmission problems your having.
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 7m Posted 10/03/04 05:00 AM Posted 10/03/04 05:00 AM Hi Frank , it was certainly a pleasure to meet you last week and I hope you had a great time at the Grand Prix. I hope you enjoyed the drive home and did not receive any tickets from the law, I normally get at least one ticket between Melbourne and Sydney, though cruise control makes life a lot easier to cope with highway travel. I showed your post to the workshop staff and they were really pleased that you were thrilled with the entire installation, tuning, and road performance. Dont worry too much about stopping, at least you will be quickest under brakes as well as under acceleration.Be very careful on the clutch upgrade you choose and stay away from clutches with a solid centre, I heard recently that an xr6t owner damaged a T5 simply by using this type of clutch package. Not any fault of the transmission. :( Please keep in contact as your direct feedback on the APS phase III system is appreciated and assists us to continue to meet customer's needs and expectations. RegardsPeterAPS
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 10/03/04 05:38 AM Author Posted 10/03/04 05:38 AM Hi Frank , it was certainly a pleasure to meet you last week and I hope you had a great time at the Grand Prix. I hope you enjoyed the drive home and did not receive any tickets from the law, I normally get at least one ticket between Melbourne and Sydney, though cruise control makes life a lot easier to cope with highway travel. I showed your post to the workshop staff and they were really pleased that you were thrilled with the entire installation, tuning, and road performance. Dont worry too much about stopping, at least you will be quickest under brakes as well as under acceleration.Be very careful on the clutch upgrade you choose and stay away from clutches with a solid centre, I heard recently that an xr6t owner damaged a T5 simply by using this type of clutch package. Not any fault of the transmission. :( Please keep in contact as your direct feedback on the APS phase III system is appreciated and assists us to continue to meet customer's needs and expectations. RegardsPeterAPSHi Peter,Well I havent recieved any tickets that I know about yet, I guess they get mailed in a few weeks ( hope not).Im glad the guys were pleased they did a top job.I wont be going near a solid clutch for street use as I know the sort of impact loading they can cause the box and driveline. Ill be needing some sort of brakes though if I want to stop, these seem to work if you only want to stop once :( even then they struggle.Ill catch up with you on the aps day in Sydney.Cheers Frank
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 10/03/04 05:53 AM Posted 10/03/04 05:53 AM I grow tired of these Phase 3 threads... compelled to read... must resist... I MUST!BWAAA!!! /me runs awayMiyagi
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 10/03/04 05:55 AM Posted 10/03/04 05:55 AM They're III not III affecting III me III at III all .... (III)
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 10/03/04 07:31 AM Posted 10/03/04 07:31 AM Better go find those pills Kenny ...
PASHEN Member 868 Member For: 22y 10m 11d Location: Need one.. Posted 14/04/04 12:24 AM Posted 14/04/04 12:24 AM Hey TURBO4LT,Well done mate, I know how you must be feeling. Every day in that car is a rush. My lady drives my Phase III occassionally (when I'm in no state to do so myself..hehe) and it's so drivable and unnassuming it's a joke. But when I'm driving, and in the mood for some spirited driving (which is everyday) nailing the throttle gives you the most relentless the acceleration and awesome the sound ....most people would find it hard to grasp exactly how awesome it really is.I'm rapt for you mate. Enjoy it and hold you head up high knowing you drive one of the fastest street legal XR6T's in the country.Cheers
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 14/04/04 10:07 AM Author Posted 14/04/04 10:07 AM Hey TURBO4LT,Well done mate, I know how you must be feeling. Every day in that car is a rush. My lady drives my Phase III occassionally (when I'm in no state to do so myself..hehe) and it's so drivable and unnassuming it's a joke. But when I'm driving, and in the mood for some spirited driving (which is everyday) nailing the throttle gives you the most relentless the acceleration and awesome the sound ....most people would find it hard to grasp exactly how awesome it really is.I'm rapt for you mate. Enjoy it and hold you head up high knowing you drive one of the fastest street legal XR6T's in the country.Cheers Thanks mate it is great to drive and it just pullls so smoothly, I love the third gear it just keeps going. Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now