Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Firm Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 28d
  • Location: Adelaide Hills
Posted
Bastards.....bastards l say  :lol:

Simon Sorry about your GT but your new av cracks me up :lol:

Thanks mate.

My idea but it took NA Thunders keyboard skills to create it.

All you can do is laugh at the end of the day :censored:

  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted
Hey Al, Anastasia? Well she's cool I guess So you're going down the Doc's path? His machine definately flies. So you have the squeal? Do you think FPV will care ALA Mondie. The 10w oil is that an experiment or are people finding it helps? As far as not driving hard enough that very well maybe the case. Im always copping flak from the missus almost every time we go out, she's alway's hangin onto the grab handle for my turns, I kindly drop her off then go "GT'n" at least once a week, usually late at night, have some "quality time" with my "other girl"

Anyway Cheers Rob

Anastacia's not cool.........she's........HOT!!!!! :k24t:

The 10W is a bit of an experiment but I spoke to an expert who works for Castrol (no names, no pack drill :lol: ), and he said I could put 15W in if I want. he also said that Ford look like going back to a mineral blend for the factory fill, due to the issues some people have had running their cars in on synthetic.......idiots nannying the cars, these people should not be allowed to own a performance car!

I'm fairly confident FPV will be releasing a service bulletin for the brake pads early June, they have a replacement pad but it's in the hands of the government testers at the moment. :spoton:

Don't think I'll get the APS chip at the moment, the bolt-ons will do.

Had a bit of a shock yesterday, got the spare out to take the scratched mag off for painting, the tread on the spare was heaps more than the tyres on the back......and I've only done 6500kms on them! :k24t:

Hopefully I'll get them to last for another 10k. Good news is I have been told that Toyo make a good tyre that is 1/2 the price of the Dunlops and just as good! :blink:

Love 'GT'n' myself, got a good little circuit near home, takes about 40 mins, bit of hilly stuff and some good flat straight stuff, hope to show Rick it when he comes down.

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
The 10W is a bit of an experiment but I spoke to an expert who works for Castrol (no names, no pack drill :lol: ), and he said I could put 15W in if I want. he also said that Ford look like going back to a mineral blend for the factory fill, due to the issues some people have had running their cars in on synthetic.......idiots nannying the cars, these people should not be allowed to own a performance car!

Love 'GT'n' myself, got a good little circuit near home, takes about 40 mins, bit of hilly stuff and some good flat straight stuff, hope to show Rick it when he comes down.

:spoton:

No no no no no Al. I just had the 10w put in for the 15000 klm service, rattles louder now than what she used to :glad: . I'm going back for 0w in the morn. Fford tried to tell me it was the Tremec rattling but couldn't answer when I asked them why it wasn't doing it on Mon morn ddddduuuuuhhhhhhhhh.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 4d
  • Location: Townsville Qld
Posted

Interesting Article in the latest Modern Motor magazine. Comparo between a GT, a 300kw GTS and a couple of expensive euro's.

The GT had ordinary fuel economy and slower quarter times compared to the GTS but the testers gave it the gong for its sheer driving pleasure

Their comment. Unless you are Mark Skaife stick with the GT

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 12d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted
Interesting Article in the latest Modern Motor magazine. Comparo between a GT, a 300kw GTS and a couple of expensive euro's.

The GT had ordinary fuel economy and slower quarter times compared to the GTS but the testers gave it the gong for its sheer driving pleasure

Their comment. Unless you are Mark Skaife stick with the GT

Had a quick scan of this too, the $30 odd k price difference helped them in their decision as well, If Ford come to the party with Mondies diff and the cars that are using a bit of oil, the future might not be so bad for the FPV'S after all, it seems at least our 2 are relatively free of problems so far

Guest DetN8
  • Guests
Posted

Awww Geees.. Reading this thread has just about convinced me to forget getting the stage 1 XR6T I was planning on buying and go straight for the GT...

Seems like it is even more of a wet dream machine.

Neil

  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!
Posted

Not wrong Neil,

I'm on my third box of Ford tissues already!!! :smilielol:

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Awww Geees.. Reading this thread has just about convinced me to forget getting the stage 1 XR6T I was planning on buying and go straight for the GT...

Seems like it is even more of a wet dream machine.

Neil

:smilielol:

Go the GT Neil, get the grunt, get the handling, get the brakes, get the looks, then get whacked by the missus for getting the looks. :smilielol:

Guest DetN8
  • Guests
Posted

Yeah - It's your comments on handling that got me. I'm a great believer that any moron can go fast in a straight line - its twisties that separates the men from the boys.

I was originally of the opinion that the lighter T would handle better through corners and that the GT would be a heavy hitting straight-liner. Sounds like I could be wrong.

Ohh.. and the looks thing got me too... That bulge and high spoiler are a pre-requisite for me on either car. I don't know how you guys could afford to keep a GT AND a missus!! Much better to have several missies that all pay their own way. Bring on the Looks!! :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 4d
  • Location: Townsville Qld
Posted

You want to try a GT a Missus and 4 daughters. that's why I only have 1 GT

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...