Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • New Member
  • Member For: 6y 11m 23d
Posted

I recently bought a turbo side kit with the battery relocation included in it for my xr6 turbo ute and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a cold air intake to sit under the passenger side battery

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

well, if you relocate the battery, you don't need to have the cold air intake to go underneath it as the battery won't be there anymore.

 

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

  • New Member
  • Member For: 6y 11m 23d
Posted

I do need a cold air intake mate😂where’s the normal air manifold meant to run to? There’s going it be no box because the turbo one will be seperate on the drivers side and the battery will be where the air box is on the passenger side. What I’m asking for is where can I find a cold air intake kit to run separately off the air manifold.

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

the air intake goes to the front of the turbocharger, so where the battery is in the stock form is the ideal location for shortness and size of piping/filter.

 

When you have a turbo-side air-intake, you obviously need to replace the cold side of the intercooler piping to suit this or change both your intercooler and associated piping.

 

The stock air intake route is as such (it's not great): from passenger side over top of engine into front of turbo, out of turbo and over the front part of the k-frame then to the bottom of the stock intercooler, then out of the top of the stock intercooler and back up underneath the drivers headlight then up underneath the battery then up to the throttle body.

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...