Rosey Member 46 Member For: 7y 15d Posted 02/08/20 10:07 AM Author Posted 02/08/20 10:07 AM I had a meeting with the aerpro rep on Friday and complimented him on the vf comm canbus/display interface, to which he smiled and agreed that yes it was good. Then I requested the same interface but modified to suit my FG series 1. He laughed but said he would ask the question back at the office. And I will annoy him until I get one 😎 1
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 27d Gender: Male Posted 02/08/20 10:12 PM Posted 02/08/20 10:12 PM that's awesome keep at it lol. Theyd sell soo many and it would make these head unit swaps so much more accessible to ppl. If I could cobble something together I have no doubt they could do it, kayhan did it, even mapping all the audio controls. So its all possible. Id probably even buy one just to get a proper harness. 1
Rosey Member 46 Member For: 7y 15d Posted 03/08/20 09:24 PM Author Posted 03/08/20 09:24 PM (edited) Sometimes when I have questioned the availability of special items, and the answer is like ‘.....order 50 items and we will build/supply them to you.......’ . So I wonder what the demand is for a Canbus module with rca output and rear camera input to replace the ford fg series1 display ? Me - 1 Edited 03/08/20 09:25 PM by Rosey 1
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 27d Gender: Male Posted 04/08/20 11:13 AM Posted 04/08/20 11:13 AM Put it on facebook, every second day someone is asking about replacing their head unit, shows us what u got, what are ppls experiences with kayhan etc. Hundreds, easy. Maybe not all at once but theres a market. Id have one if it was reasonably priced, had a proper harness and when I did put it in reverse I also got the rear camera as I have one.
Rosey Member 46 Member For: 7y 15d Posted 04/08/20 12:33 PM Author Posted 04/08/20 12:33 PM Yeah the vf comm module has a rear camera rca input which is triggered into the Alpine when you drop the Ferkin into reverse. When a climate control button/knob/lever is adjusted , then the module just tells the head unit that it’s in reverse and the climate display is sent via the rca for a short time. Sooooooo simple that’s it’s annoying 🤬 I suggested posting on the employers business farcebook to my boss, but he hasn’t done it yet
Rosey Member 46 Member For: 7y 15d Posted 03/10/20 04:09 AM Author Posted 03/10/20 04:09 AM On 02/08/2020 at 8:07 PM, Rosey said: I had a meeting with the aerpro rep on Friday and complimented him on the vf comm canbus/display interface, to which he smiled and agreed that yes it was good. Then I requested the same interface but modified to suit my FG series 1. He laughed but said he would ask the question back at the office. And I will annoy him until I get one 😎 . ........and I have , it no response 😕 1
Bulletime Legacy Donating Member 937 Member For: 15y 8m 27d Gender: Male Posted 04/10/20 06:09 AM Posted 04/10/20 06:09 AM Lame
Rosey Member 46 Member For: 7y 15d Posted 13/10/20 10:07 AM Author Posted 13/10/20 10:07 AM That looks great ! All back n blue is sooooooooo right 😃
Nosman85 New Member 13 Member For: 6y 4m 22d Posted 13/10/20 02:17 PM Posted 13/10/20 02:17 PM Thank you. Just need to get my hands on some dual zone black buttons now
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now