Alpine AV plan

Rosey

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

I hope all this effort people have put in to doing this puts into perspective why the kayhan units are prices the way they are. Everyone always sh*tting on them without knowing how hard it is to do something like this xD

Still a shame their customer service isn’t the best lol

• Member For: 3y 10m 15d

For me it was never really about price. Yes I've heard stories they are unreliable. And other stories that its now stable. But I really didn't want to run into stability issues frequently. For me the main goal was always just cleaner sound and android auto

• Like 1

• Member For: 9y 8m 9d

Hi Guys, I'm thinking of having a crack at something similar with a single din flip out unit, retaining the existing icc position and maintaining factory amp and sub.

In terms of the wiring, Is it simply a case of disconnecting the relevant wires from the icc plug(s) and hooking them up to the new head unit instead or is there some additional complexity with line converters etc that have been mentioned in previous posts?

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

I'm currently looking at the Aeropro kit aswell, I just dont get why they didnt design it with the controls down the bottom.

Having the screen higher up would have been heaps better.

Still, its a nice kit and I prefer it over the Kayhan as you can choose a quality head of choice, and update it as often as you wish.

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Sadly there is no choice for the FGs aside from the Kayhan ICC. As far as a direct replacement that retains all factory controls. I wish there was some competition on the market for Kayhan. Competition in any market is good, gives customers better deals and pushes R&D for making better products.