blacktur8oute Member 139 Member For: 12y 10m 1d Gender: Male Posted 11/08/19 08:02 AM Posted 11/08/19 08:02 AM Hi all just a quick question on refitting the camshaft, when I position them at TDC I’m finding it difficult to then put the caps on as the cam won’t sit flush because of the lobes but will when it’s not at TDC, am I missing something, do I just line the caps up and allow them to push the cam down when I tighten, any advice would be great
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 1d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 11/08/19 08:18 AM Posted 11/08/19 08:18 AM Correct, sit the cams in the correct 12 o’clock position, set the cam caps on loosely start with tightening down the bolts in a very progressive level manner and yes it will force the cam down into position by pressing the respective valve down, if you don’t do this easy and level it can crack a cam cap one the cam caps are 95% down follow the correct torque procedure to “take” up to home, once that's done make sure the chain is on correctly and rotate the Harmonic balancer by hand with a 23mm socket on the retaining bolt you might notice a few clicks and clunks on the first few rotations but that’s normal
blacktur8oute Member 139 Member For: 12y 10m 1d Gender: Male Posted 11/08/19 08:48 AM Author Posted 11/08/19 08:48 AM Thanks a lot for the helpful advise JETURBO
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now