Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • New Member
  • Member For: 7y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Hi all, today I just purchased a xr8 stock bigmouth snorkel and airbox, everything fits in the engine bay but then I proceed to close the bonnet and it won't close because the snorkel sits up just a tad. Would buying the xr8 bonnet fox this issue? Thanks all.

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

well, the stock xr8 airbox isn't that big, actually, it's just a pod filter instead of a panel filter in the standard location... if it's factory it'll fit under a normal XR bonnet. The XR8 bonnet bulge doesn't go over the area where the stock airbox sits, so it wouldn't help anyway.

 

chuck a pic up of the snorkel and where it's hitting the bonnet and we'll be able to help you further :)

 

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

  • New Member
  • Member For: 7y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
  • New Member
  • Member For: 7y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Sorry about that, I've got three photos here I hope they help! 

PQMkLsOjKBUVIaBnf7dIjPKJQJ4Fq-4DfrmgFD3V

xuXfABImmHwG4zAfzwVcOgAaMx-81f9aZ09UdLE4

2hZrqy2cY59laNTNHUoEXSRINajWepT-tn9kvRrk

 hopefully this link works!

 

 

So that's the snorkel I have I think it's a 70mm one from the research I've been doing but on the bonnet, the bit where it's got a cut out for the snorkel it's hitting there and bonnet doesn't close the full way. 

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

hmm, doesn't seem to be showing any obvious signs of the bonnet hitting the plastic of the snorkel mouth section... clean it off and put something between them that'll mark where it's hitting and just hit the snorkel with a hammer (softly) until the bonnet closes.

  • New Member
  • Member For: 7y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Okay well I just tried slamming my bonnet shut and to then see if it would mark it, it actually ended up closing it! So it think it's fully closed now! Thanks for your help mate!

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

ideally you won't want to be slamming it every single time, as the "catch" mechanism will take the brunt of such force... so work on it until it closes easily haha

  • New Member
  • Member For: 7y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Okay fair point, but what's am I able to do to fix it? I feel as though it hitting the snorkel for sure but it bends a little bit so maybe that's why it shut?

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

hence the hammering recommendation :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...