Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 7y 9m 3d
Posted

Hey guys, I'm in the process of building my replacement turbo from all new parts, but I acquired an even better billet compressor wheel than the one already fitted to the new core I bought.

So obviously I would like to fit it while assembling the turbo.

But I've never had much to do with turbos, so I would like to just confirm my suspicions that it will require balancing once fitted?

I understand the type of rpm they can spin to, and I couldn't imagine it would last too long without being balanced as an assembly?

Cheers Ken

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 11y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Not Telling
Posted

It cost about $100 to get balanced. Just do it.

 

Lol I'm sure plenty of people don't though.

 

Here's a cool and informative video in the subject. :)

  • Like 2
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 7y 9m 3d
Posted

I'm sure there are!

It just doesn't make sense to buy a part that has the potential to give substantial gains, then to fit it incorrectly and sacrifice some of its efficiency.

Just to say you have it!

The best other example I see often, is people fitting bigger cams and not degreeing them in to the correct timing where they are meant to operate!!

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...