G6E adjustable coil overs

Chels69

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 26d

Unfortunately I can’t do anything except RRP on shockworks gear unless I’m supplying and fitting then I can discount my labour but that’s it as it’s got me in the bad books helping members out with cheap prices on shockworks previously with the owner Brian. 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 16d

Strike one for Shockworks... Sell 10 items through you and his profits on them are still quite high, or sell a significant percentage less of that 10 and the profit drops overall and less units are shipped. Unless he's recovering significant sunk cost (in terms of R&D and tooling) on the sale of each item (I doubt it, since his IP is related to his already paid for work at Ford and he is just paying a coilover manufacturer to make them to his specs in bulk), then he's making a massive profit on these items anyway. Doesn't matter how good your item is if you're obviously profiteering, imho. If he's willing to sell them (in a higher bulk due to his obvious positive representation of the products here and elsewhere) to J@ at a price, there's nothing wrong with J@ passing them directly on at that same price.

I don't see the point of pushing for say 50% profit (obviously I don't know what his percentages are, but it's a reasonable guess) when it's reasonably obvious that you're just smashing your customers in the back pocket. :idunno: (like most shock/spring sellers in Australia)... He can come on here and explain his decision for J@ not to be a reseller because J@ might save a few customers a dollar on basically guaranteed sales of said items, as I don't understand it in any terms except over-zealous greed, at this stage.

#ranting

Just my 2c.