FOB Remotes, Boot light and Auto Headlights

jdracing

• Member For: 5y 8m 3d

Hi I have a BF Falcon and I got another new remote and as I did previously last time I had to train the remote I took the same steps. close the door turn key to ACC then press rear demister 3 times within 5 seconds and the doors will cycle then press a button on first remote and so on, trouble is this time nothing happened when I pressed my remotes it did not train them and when I try to do the process of pressing the rear demister 3 times nothing happens so I cant train any of them as nothing happens when I press the demister 3 times it doesn't do the door cycle like it should.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

so how else can this be done, if you don't have two remotes?

I think that a licensed version of Forscan is required, is it not?

• Member For: 5y 8m 3d

Disconnect the car battery for 30 minutes, reconnect then turned the key to acc and press the rear demister button 3 times within 5 seconds of turning the key and the doors locked ( wow I fixed it ) then I pressed a button on remote 1 and the doors locked / unlocked and repeated for the next 2 then turned the key off all set. 

So basically to get the rear demister to function for this purpose again I just had to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, this reset the system and allowed it to function as per normal again.  Your welcome :)

I have 2 problems with the car and wonder if anyone has the fix ?  XR BF Falcon 06

1/ Headlights don't come on when set to Auto ?

2/ Boot light/luggage compartment light not working, globe is ok, fuse is ok and if the metal on the globe holder touches the metal om the car it sparks, so I can assume it has power lol ?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

1/ Probably the switch is defective.

2/ Good chance that the wires are just loose on the connector and the movement of the boot causes it to dislodge.

• Sad 1