Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • New Member
  • Member For: 8y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has noticed or had any issues  with surface rust throughout the cabin on certain things like seat rails and other bare metal surfaces? I'm currently doing an audio install and have noticed rust on quiet a few things throughout the cab more than I'll consider reasonable.

If so what have you done 2 rectify this. Should I use fish oil or something else other than WD40 as I don't want to stink the cab out too much.

Cheers

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Rust remover and then prepare the area and then paint over it is the best way to go. A small amount of smell for a few days is better than rusty parts falling to bits over time, imho.

  • New Member
  • Member For: 8y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

It's on areas that will be too hard to paint. If I was going to try to paint it would take days to take everything apart

  • XR50T
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 13y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Western Sydney
Posted

I've seen it on the support behind the dash. Haven't seen it anywhere else and I've had the interior pretty much stripped out.

Old BF had it, FG has it, mates FGX has it. They just didn't paint it at all as it's a bolt in part I guess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...