blacktur8oute Member 139 Member For: 12y 10m 2d Gender: Male Posted 21/07/18 12:51 AM Posted 21/07/18 12:51 AM Hi all has anyone experience this before, when I start the car it idles at about 1500rpm and then when I select gear I get ETC fault come up still in idles at 1500 but although in gear it doesn’t engage it’s like it’s still in neutral, does it stand for engine temp control or engine throttle control thanks
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/07/18 01:02 AM Posted 21/07/18 01:02 AM Sounds like you’ve got a vacuum leak if FG or TPS issues on a B series just at a guess without seeing it
blacktur8oute Member 139 Member For: 12y 10m 2d Gender: Male Posted 21/07/18 01:08 AM Author Posted 21/07/18 01:08 AM Thanks JETURBO it’s an FG, I’ll first check for any Vac leaks, any thoughts on anything else if no vac leaks
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/07/18 02:10 AM Posted 21/07/18 02:10 AM Is it stock standard or tuned ?
blacktur8oute Member 139 Member For: 12y 10m 2d Gender: Male Posted 21/07/18 02:59 AM Author Posted 21/07/18 02:59 AM Tuned on e85
JETURBO ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE... Legacy Donating Member 23,708 Member For: 18y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/07/18 05:19 AM Posted 21/07/18 05:19 AM Sounds like your tuner needs to re visit his airflow tables
blacktur8oute Member 139 Member For: 12y 10m 2d Gender: Male Posted 21/07/18 06:59 AM Author Posted 21/07/18 06:59 AM Thanks for the advice, can’t see any vac leak I’ll call the tuner on Monday, one more question why even with the car off and in drive car rolls like it’s in neutral
Wilko16 Legacy Donating Member 1,672 Member For: 18y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/07/18 07:31 AM Posted 21/07/18 07:31 AM Autos only lock the rear wheels in Park Nothing to worry about
blacktur8oute Member 139 Member For: 12y 10m 2d Gender: Male Posted 21/07/18 09:06 AM Author Posted 21/07/18 09:06 AM Thanks wilko16 was concerned in case transmissions died
blacktur8oute Member 139 Member For: 12y 10m 2d Gender: Male Posted 22/07/18 03:12 AM Author Posted 22/07/18 03:12 AM If I drain the E85 and put in the 98 tune will I still have the ETC issue, will the car drive with 98?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now